Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Buried Treasure ?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/9387023396

May 05, 2020, 12:36 PM
Triple-Frog
Buried Treasure ?
Like everyone else I am stuck at home most of the time so with nothing better to do decided to tidy up a few nooks and crannies that had been ignored for a few years ( yes I am single Big Grin ) .

Under a pile of books , clothes , and an old CD player I found some cards . Can't remember when or where I got them from Roll Eyes . 10 assorted Tudors costume and prop cards from Breygent and a couple of autographs from the Dart Lone Ranger set . Posted pics of two of the more unique Tudors cards and the Lone Ranger ones.

Anyone else find cards they had forgotten about when having a Coronavirus clear up ? I will update if I find anything else in the forgotten corners of my house Smile .
May 05, 2020, 12:39 PM
cardaddict
I like those Tudors cards.
May 05, 2020, 01:04 PM
Raven
Breygent's prop cards were the best. They also had jewelry pieces in Dexter. Grimm's was mainly wooden and metal bits of weapons, so less attractive. With the Tudors' even the costumes were rich looking.

Don't really have any hidden finds, my stuff is pretty much self contained. I had to organize or be swallowed up. Big Grin
May 05, 2020, 03:10 PM
Neilsy
The tudors cards are amongst the best costume/prop cards ever made.
May 05, 2020, 10:40 PM
webjon
Very cool!
May 06, 2020, 12:29 PM
AWR
Have also been doing some Coronavirus Clean up - When looking through some of my Rittenhouse Star Trek Binders, did come across a few Autos and SketchaFex cards I forgot I had picked up at some point. Also forgot I had an Ian McDiarmid Auto from an older Star Wars set.
May 06, 2020, 01:44 PM
Heroes For Hire
Wow, nice “new” pick ups!
May 06, 2020, 04:23 PM
hammer
Nice cards there
May 07, 2020, 03:29 AM
mykdude
Always liked the first season autographs. Glad I picked up the Jonathan Rhys Meyers AFTER he decided to shipwreck his career cause they weren't cheap when they first came out.

August 02, 2020, 01:54 PM
cardaddict
Not exactly buried treasure, but a philosophical question (sort of). If you'd been putting 3 to 5 sealed packs aside from every set you collected (and some you didn't), over the last 30 years or so, from ALIAS to X-FILES, approximately 1560 packs, and kept them stored in a closet and hardly ever looked at them, what would you do with them?

August 02, 2020, 02:45 PM
Raven
I would hardly have the discipline to even do that. I have bought sealed boxes in June, with the intention of keeping them for Xmas busting, and they didn't even make it through July. Big Grin

But to properly consider your question, if the particular product had at least a couple of high priced hits in it, the allure of the sealed pack is that one of the cards COULD be in it. It therefore has increased value as a gamble and you might be able to sell it at a price much, much higher than the contents of what will ultimately be found in there. After all, when the odds are against it, nothing is what you usually get. Wink

If the packs you have are very unlikely to attract a gambling buyer, or you just don't see the profit as being worth the bother, bust them for your own enjoyment. It is possible you could get a pleasant surprise with a hit.

If you get little to keep, as you won't need a few random base cards for sets you can't complete, you can give them away or throw them out. Either way you now have more room to store something else, so its still a plus for you. I know master set collectors used to like to keep a few sealed packs, but I think that reason rarely comes up these days.

Like I said, I wouldn't even have the packs to keep, but I can't help it. Open everything. Thumb Up
August 02, 2020, 02:51 PM
cardaddict
I will contemplate your advice very thoroughly!

In the meantime...these are all packs which have been opened, the cards removed, and then put back in the packs, with any autos, chase cards removed (I think), but there are still plenty of cards in these packs! Some are stacked up with multiple packs.

I am GIVING THESE AWAY, but must ask for postage. If anyone wants them, let me know. I would pack them as close as possible to reduce the postage cost.

I also have LOTS of wrestling card packs of the same sort, but, mysteriously, all the ladie's cards have disappeared from them. If you are interested in male wrestlers, let me know and I will send you those packs, but again, I must ask for postage, as there are a LOT of them!

August 02, 2020, 04:15 PM
JOHN LEVITT
I would love to have any James Bond wrappers that are available as a result of using "lockdown" to start sorting out my James Bond albums I have decided to include a wrapper as well. At the moment I have 8 with 15 or 16 to go.

regards

John

August 02, 2020, 04:46 PM
cardaddict
Except for the wrappers I sent to Rittenhouse for their rewards cards, I have kept EVERY SINGLE WRAPPER I ever bought. I always put four wrappers in four pocket pages (I mean I used to) in my binders.

List the Bond wrappers you need and how many of each you want and I will see what I can do. I have everything stored and labeled in my garage attic so they will be easy to find.
August 03, 2020, 03:39 AM
JOHN LEVITT
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Except for the wrappers I sent to Rittenhouse for their rewards cards, I have kept EVERY SINGLE WRAPPER I ever bought. I always put four wrappers in four pocket pages (I mean I used to) in my binders.

List the Bond wrappers you need and how many of each you want and I will see what I can do. I have everything stored and labeled in my garage attic so they will be easy to find.

Steve

Email sent.

regards

John

August 03, 2020, 09:02 AM
cardaddict
All my 'treasures' are 'buried' up in the attic:

August 03, 2020, 09:18 AM
wolfie
what was that creaking sound?

August 03, 2020, 09:28 AM
Raven