Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Show off your Custom Cards!
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show off your Custom Cards!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
And now for another set I've been working on, and finished over the long weekend.
Deadwood, I've been rewatching it again. That show would have made some fantastic costume cards...

pure AWESOMENESS
I would buy that for sure

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Wow Eek Nice job everyone. I am in awe.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the X-Files cards........

Posts: 49 | Location: Sav GA ( Brisbane Australia) | Registered: September 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Worked on some Mulan today.

Is it just me or is Photobucket messing up?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
So today I got a little carried away. I have been trying to figure out what i wanted to do for Sherlock but I had not come up with anything yet. Then I thought I could combine a few of the great shows on PBS Mystery and well you can see what happened...Smile

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I did a few more that I could remember, however i dont think that Midsomer Murders, Pie in the Sky or Johnathan Creek were part of these series. Am I wrong? I know they have been shown on PBS but I dont see where they are listed as part of the series.

Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi chris
Did you get my email?
Love the latest cards! Midsummer murders would b good too!
All the best
Paul

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I'm back with more questions Roll Eyes Razz

I set my template on Photoshop Elements as 3.5 height, 2.5 width (Inches) - Thanks to previous recommendations.

My problem now is that when I import images to make up the card - since the images smaller that the card - the images end up pixlated on the card Confused

Any idea on how to correct this? Thanks.

Loving all the cards being uploaded!! Clap One of the best threads in a long time.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The only way to correct this is to find a higher resolution image.

quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
Hi all,

I set my template on Photoshop Elements as 3.5 height, 2.5 width (Inches) - Thanks to previous recommendations.

My problem now is that when I import images to make up the card - since the images smaller that the card - the images end up pixlated on the card Confused

Loving all the cards being uploaded!! Clap One of the best threads in a long time.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post

This is the card in question that was pixilated - Not sure if it was the setting in Photoshop or if it still looks pixilated?

This is the start of my season 1 autograph set for The Mentalist Clap Hope to have these made up and sent off in a few weeks Big Grin

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
The only way to correct this is to find a higher resolution image.

Thank you! I'll make sure to do that with the other cards Wavey

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is the card in question that was pixilated - Not sure if it was the setting in Photoshop or if it still looks pixilated?

This is the start of my season 1 autograph set for The Mentalist Clap Hope to have these made up and sent off in a few weeks Big Grin

Nice Card!!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm having trouble finding images for this show that are big enough, but here are 6 so far

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chuck Bartowski,

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I love that show!!!!! Wonderful looking cards!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Very lovely Chuck, such a fantastic design and very clever use of the Gilmore Girls logo Clap

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi all,

Yeah, you'll need to find a larger image that you can then reduce in size to fit on the card. Easiest way to do this is once you have the image on your layer, use keyboard CTRL and T, which will highlight around the image size, then you can reduce it to fit.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Here are some of the Primeval cards I did for Paul Hart.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Chris,

When you resize an image I recommend you keep the height/width ratio fixed. It appears you may be manually resizing the image. Generally when I increase the size I'll increase either the height or the width and let fixed ratio control the other dimension. This should keep the actor from being too narrow or wide from the resizing as the proportions will remain the same.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
True, I do have to do that from time to time but only because the pictures I am using dont always fit in the space I need and I dont always have the time to recut the picture. If I used Photoshop it might be easier as well.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
True, I do have to do that from time to time but only because the pictures I am using dont always fit in the space I need and I dont always have the time to recut the picture. If I used Photoshop it might be easier as well.

Ah...does that online program not allow inputted resizing?

I try to set up my cards at 96 dpi and 5.35" wide and 7.5" tall (or vice versa for horizontally arranged cards which I don't really like doing). This way I can always size my images accordingly. After the card is done I resize to 2.5"X3.5" by upping the dpi.

btw...paint.net is free, and is great for messing around in.