Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Show off your Custom Cards!
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show off your Custom Cards!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I'm working on a set for My Week With Marilyn starring Michelle Williams.

I did 3 different designs (Only small difference such as colour/text/placement etc) for the first autograph.

It's not perfect but any thoughts/feedback would be very helpful in shaping the over all card design as I continue to build the set. Big Grin

Thanks All.

PS. This is my #500 *BRONZE* post Bouncey

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Here's the second autograph card.

Had to change the text colours to fit the new photo.

As you can see from the photo 'cuts' I mocked this up in a matter of minutes using the my current autograph design 'template'.

All thoughts are still welcome!

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Started a Hobbit set a few days ago I will post the rest when I finish.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Finished a few for now...

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post

I hope someone gets the set it would be a great one, but no doubt it is prohibitively priced as a license.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
A few more Star Trek returns:

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Did that one on the right sign on the toploader? What is with that!

Great looking cards though, really like the look of them.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

Yes, unfortunately that is the case. I no longer sent out the cards inside the toploders. Instead, I put both the card and the holder in a team bag and ask them to put the card inside the holder before they send it back to me. That process is working well.

Another problem I have is the autographs getting smeared or otherwise damaged because the company that makes the cards puts a thick glossy coating on them. I have started sending out ultra fine Sharpie markers with the cards, which works well. However, that is getting very expensive.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:

Yes, unfortunately that is the case. I no longer sent out the cards inside the toploders. Instead, I put both the card and the holder in a team bag and ask them to put the card inside the holder before they send it back to me. That process is working well.

Another problem I have is the autographs getting smeared or otherwise damaged because the company that makes the cards puts a thick glossy coating on them. I have started sending out ultra fine Sharpie markers with the cards, which works well. However, that is getting very expensive.

Gosh, that would get expensive sending out a pen as well. Are you able to choose a matte finish with the company you are getting your cards from?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gosh, that would get expensive sending out a pen as well. Are you able to choose a matte finish with the company you are getting your cards from?

No, they only have one finish available and having no coating is not an option.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Where do you get yours printed?

Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Where do you get yours printed?

MyTradingCards.com

Picture of eng621
posted Hide Post
Have you tried a pink eraser? I prep all of the trading cards I send with one. Just erase the area and see if it will remove just enough of the gloss to help that problem.

it works on topps cards

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eng621:
Have you tried a pink eraser? I prep all of the trading cards I send with one. Just erase the area and see if it will remove just enough of the gloss to help that problem.

it works on topps cards

Thanks, I have tried that. I will have to wait and see what happens when (and if) they come back to me. I also used a white eraser so it would not leave any color on the card.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I finshed off a few more of my Supernatural cards. I have seasons 1&2 done plus lots of guest stars...now on to season 3.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Cline,

Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
The main cast from The Norliss Tapes, a Dan Curtis produced 1973 TV Movie.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: madcollector,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I finshed off a few more of my Supernatural cards. I have seasons 1&2 done plus lots of guest stars...now on to season 3.

I would love to see these with better resolution
at least so I can be able to read the names

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
So I have gotten a few of my custom cards back recently but I have kept forgetting to show them off..

My scanner is really not the best but you get the idea...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting all those back Smile

Love the Sarah Wayne Callies, James Earl Jones and Emily Rose ones Smile

Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:

I am ecstatic to have this card back signed, and in less than one month. Thank you Zachary Quinto!

Blah i have sent to him 3 times, for the past 4 years and never get anything back. Your lucky! Maybe he hates Canada lol I always pay for the return to.

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post