Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Show off your Custom Cards!
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show off your Custom Cards!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
Photoshop?

I'm using photoshop and seeing as I've never really used it before, it takes a bit of getting used to and it does take time Smile

Yep photshop, google and youtube are your friend. The amount of tutorials on there is staggering, and most of them are very helpful.

I haven't used photoshop all that much, but alot of other programs very similar in their design so I picked things up pretty quickly once I found some great video tutorials, and understood what all the different buttons do.
I think my new favourite tool is the spot healing brush, it's so fun to use on so many different things Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the spot healing brush I've mucked around with Smile

Your cards look so good, I really need to spend some time on doing mine.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, the spot healing brush I've mucked around with Smile

Your cards look so good, I really need to spend some time on doing mine.

I spend hours just fiddling with different layers of pictures and messing with different opacities and the blending options. I find it completely engrossing. Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Are you looking at designing any of the backs yet?

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are you looking at designing any of the backs yet?

Not yet Smile Still can't work out what I want to put on the back of themTwak
Not sure if I should do bios on the characters (which I did for my Community set) or actors, or both. If I did both I just know I would run out of room Roll Eyes
Or just a 'Congratulations, this is an autographed card by.... ' might be simpler.

What are you doing with the backs of yours?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
WOW those are great!!! I loved Deadwood and really wish someone had done a set for them, even as the new premium set I think it could still work.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Never seen Deadwood, but that's a great looking set.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I had a request for some Christmas Vacation cards. Odd that it was so hard to find good shots.

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
These are all amazing sets. Makes me want to spend more time on mine Bouncey and get to grips with Photoshop more Twak

Novice question: How does everyone get a 'set' trading card size template? I've been using Fotoflexer up until now and everytime I insert a photo into the template uploaded, different cards end up ever so slightly different sizes. Confused

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
With Fotoflexer I uploaded an official card that I'd scanned, so I could get the correct size.

With Photoshop you can set up the template as 3.5" x 2.5".

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of starting a X-Files set like I am doing for Supernatural. I have 100 cards done for Super and think I could get just as many out of The X-Files. These are a couple of tests I did for another person.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
With Fotoflexer I uploaded an official card that I'd scanned, so I could get the correct size.

Thanks! Might be best to create cards in Photoshop and use Fotoflexer as needed or for mock ups. Thanks again. Thumb Up

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
No worries Smile

quote:
Not yet Still can't work out what I want to put on the back of them
Not sure if I should do bios on the characters (which I did for my Community set) or actors, or both. If I did both I just know I would run out of room
Or just a 'Congratulations, this is an autographed card by.... ' might be simpler.

With the autos I'm just going to have the actors name with the character they play I think. I'm sort of starting to work on doing base cards, so just looking for pictures to start with, but it's a lot of work Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
No worries Smile

quote:
Not yet Still can't work out what I want to put on the back of them
Not sure if I should do bios on the characters (which I did for my Community set) or actors, or both. If I did both I just know I would run out of room

With the autos I'm just going to have the actors name with the character they play I think. I'm sort of starting to work on doing base cards, so just looking for pictures to start with, but it's a lot of work Smile

I decided with my Deadwood set, I'm writing the actors name and the character they play with a small bio on the character. 11 down 39 left to go Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
quote:

Thanks! Might be best to create cards in Photoshop and use Fotoflexer as needed or for mock ups. Thanks again. Thumb Up

I don't use fotoflexer at all, I just keep a saved preset on my crop tool in photoshop and I'm good to go. As long as you have the dimensions right you should be fine, as you can always resize down. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Another set I'm working on is Mad Men. I'm having terrible trouble finding high res pictures of the secretaries though.

That's just a few of them Eek Big Grin And some characters have more than one card due to me not being able to choose which picture I like better. Roll Eyes

and an update to my Deadwood set at the top of the page to show what the backs look like.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Love the back of the Deadwood cards - great design.

Great looking set for Mad Men as well, I've never watched the show myself, but they look good Smile

posted Hide Post
I made this =) Not really a custom card though lol. I just cut up a Lady Deathstryke X2 base card and put it over a Kelly Hu Vampire Diaries auto. Nothing's glued yet. Just sitting in a penny sleeve/top loader for now.

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, as some of you know i am looking at doing a Marvel sketch set, with all the cards getting commissioned from various artists. I was just wondering if any of you have had trouble with logos etc in terms of copyright infringement?

Posts: 88 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post