Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Show off your Custom Cards!
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show off your Custom Cards!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
No fotoflexer doesn't have a set up like that, at least not that I could see.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I've been working on a base set for Lost Girl Season 1. Here's some pics of the Character Profile cards.

This is the back of the Profile cards, still have the rest to finish off Smile

This is a lot of fun, I hope everyone else is enjoying making their own cards Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those Lost Girl cards rock.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Very nice Sidewinder!!

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madcollector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

When you resize an image I recommend you keep the height/width ratio fixed. It appears you may be manually resizing the image. Generally when I increase the size I'll increase either the height or the width and let fixed ratio control the other dimension. This should keep the actor from being too narrow or wide from the resizing as the proportions will remain the same.

First, let me say that I am totally blown away by the creativity and skill of the people who posted their custom cards. Many of them are better than most of the official card designs that I have seen released by the card companies. Second, these are all your own custom cards so you should make them however you want.

However, I completely agree Chuck’s comments when it comes to “official” cards produced by the card companies. My greatest annoyance is the failure of some companies to maintain the proper height/width ratio of the photos they put on their cards. Rittenhouse is, in my opinion, is the biggest offender. Some of the cards in the last three Star Trek TOS card sets are simply pathetic.

A lot of people don’t seem to notice this problem, but it is very noticeable to me when a poor cropping job results in a distorted image. In many instances it wasn’t even necessary to get the image to fit on the card. All these “squatty” Star Trek images drive me crazy!

I understand it can take a lot of time to find pictures that “work” for a 2.5 x 3.5 card. I commission a lot of sketch cards from artists and it is not unusual for me to spend 3 hours or more finding “the right” image and cropping it to the proper ratio without distorting the image for the card.

Again, for all of you awesome custom card makers do whatever works for you. My sentiments are only intended for the card companies.

Posts: 84 | Location: USA | Registered: September 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
btw...I never knew Lauren's last name was Lewis.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

When you resize an image I recommend you keep the height/width ratio fixed. It appears you may be manually resizing the image. Generally when I increase the size I'll increase either the height or the width and let fixed ratio control the other dimension. This should keep the actor from being too narrow or wide from the resizing as the proportions will remain the same.

First, let me say that I am totally blown away by the creativity and skill of the people who posted their custom cards. Many of them are better than most of the official card designs that I have seen released by the card companies. Second, these are all your own custom cards so you should make them however you want.

However, I completely agree Chuck’s comments when it comes to “official” cards produced by the card companies. My greatest annoyance is the failure of some companies to maintain the proper height/width ratio of the photos they put on their cards. Rittenhouse is, in my opinion, is the biggest offender. Some of the cards in the last three Star Trek TOS card sets are simply pathetic.

A lot of people don’t seem to notice this problem, but it is very noticeable to me when a poor cropping job results in a distorted image. In many instances it wasn’t even necessary to get the image to fit on the card. All these “squatty” Star Trek images drive me crazy!

I understand it can take a lot of time to find pictures that “work” for a 2.5 x 3.5 card. I commission a lot of sketch cards from artists and it is not unusual for me to spend 3 hours or more finding “the right” image and cropping it to the proper ratio without distorting the image for the card.

Again, for all of you awesome custom card makers do whatever works for you. My sentiments are only intended for the card companies.

That is my biggest problem, finding high res pictuers. Especially of shows that are a bit older, I have lots that I desperately want to do, but I cannot for the life of me find decent quality photos of of a big enough size.

And about not keeping the ratio, I really don't understand how they manage to do that, they're either lazy and not paying attention. Or that they are so limited in what pictures they can use, they just have to make do with what they have.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
For recent shows which are filmed in HD its a lot easier to find pictures, but with older shows, say pre 2000's, the images are very grainy. I take my own screen caps for some pics that I just can't find.

Thanks for the nice comments Btw guys Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not completely happy with this yet...I want to work on the bottom border/logo

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
For recent shows which are filmed in HD its a lot easier to find pictures, but with older shows, say pre 2000's, the images are very grainy. I take my own screen caps for some pics that I just can't find.

Thanks for the nice comments Btw guys Smile

That's what I've been doing with a couple of shows, but other problem I've been having with that is you can't take screenshots of blurays.
Sidewinder, what are you using to take screenshots with?

And Chuck awesome stuff! I have Legend of the Seeker on my list of shows to do. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I use the snipping tool for screenshots Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
I use the snipping tool for screenshots Smile

I have never used the snipping tool before, does it let you capture more than one image at a time, or is it like using printscreen? (which is a pain in the butt, when you have to pause then open up paint, then paste and save, way too tedious for me Big Grin)

I use a program called FRAPS, (which captures screenshots and video, and you can take as many shots as you want, as quickly as you want and it saves it all to a destination that you tell it to) mainly because I use it alot in my gaming so I naturally started using it when watching a TV show or movie on the computer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
That programme you use sounds great, ill have to get that one Smile The snipping tool you pause and then snip the image and then save, do its Very quick and easy, but yours sounds a lot better. I haven't had to use too many screen shots, but I will need some more soon, so ill check out that one you use Smile

Certainly learning a lot of new techniques by doing these cards Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Yes it's a very handy little program, and very easy to use.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Great job everyone. They look fantastic.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Creating autograph cards it one thing but how does everyone create whole base sets so quickly?

Is it a case of have a base set 'template' (and what about subsets?

Is dedication of time another major factor (and technical/artistc talents)?

Thanks Wave Keep the photos coming

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it takes a while creating a base set, but once you've figured out your backgrounds and how you want everything set out, the process becomes a lot quicker. It's all about having different layers, then you just have to edit the pictures and the text and you can organise a base set quite quickly.

With my set I'm doing a few sub sets:
*character cards
*episode cards 3 per each episode (39 total)
*9 card connections set
*Quote set.

Will likely finish at 72 cards total.

I'm not working right now, so I've got a bit of time to work on it, usually a couple of hours every second day.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I made a base set for Supernatural season 4. I am going to start a season 5 shortly since I liked the way the others turned out.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
LOVE the Lost Girl cards!!!!! I really hope they do come out with cards for this show. It's awesome!!

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post