Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Show off your Custom Cards!
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show off your Custom Cards!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Chris,

I'm in in total awe of your graphic artistry and the amount of personal autographs you have obtained. Keep of the great work.

Envious Fred LOL

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow Chris seriously impressive stuff you have there!

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants to see more of a certain line just let me know and I will post some. I have more of all of them. I will post my newer Doctor Who ones in a few min.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Chris, these are wonderful. I am of course in awe of the X-Men more than any, especially the Brian Cox, Jennifer Lawrence and Hugh Jackman!

I finally bit the bullet and ignored my antivirus' strong warnings re: fanmail.biz and got hold of some addresses for a few of the British actors. Going to give it a whirl I think, I was just thinking a few days ago that Brian Cox was going to be one signer forever AWOL from my X-Men cards and your website has just given the slight encouragement otherwise!

If you don't mind me asking, I'd love to see all of your X-Men cards Smile

EDIT: Oh Rebecca Mader! Did you send it to the address she openly provides on Twitter/Facebook, can I ask? That was one of the first addresses I saw but as she never signed for Lost I just felt a bit sceptical that she would sign mail...

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Thanks!! The best place to get address to send TTM from is Startiger.com. it costs $12 a year still I believe but they are well worth it!!!
I got two Maders when she was in Denver for the Denver Comic Con. She really loved them and signed one for free so I would have the pair. When she helper monkey tried to stop her she said "I am the Witch of the West and I can do as I please!" it was pretty funny.
Sure I will toss up the Marvels I have gotten back in a couple.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Here are what Marvel returns I have gotten I just sent a ton out so hopefully they will start rolling in soon.

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Ah cheers! Just signed up for the 7-day trial and had a good perusal, picked up Jason Flemyng's address while I was at it Smile [Also love how the website immediately asks how you want to view it in terms of colour/side bar - awesome!]

Ha, that's brilliant - I can just picture her using that to justify every decision in life! From twitter she seems to really love that role.

Those are great - completely didn't notice the Bradley Cooper/Rocket Raccoon card at first glance - wow! Did not expect him, or Jennifer Lawrence, to be the mail answering types! Do you usually have to wait long, by the way?

I've settled on Brian Cox/Stryker, Jason Flemyng/Azazel, Ian McKellen/Magneto and Nicholas Hoult/Beast as my first foray... Kelly Hu/Lady Deathstrike is also at LFCC next month and a friend is attending, so hopefully should be able to get a custom card from her as well!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
the best time to get some of the larger stars is when they are either on Broadway or London doing a play or on a movie set

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Chris your Marvel set is wonderful! very jealous Big Grin

With Artscow, do you find the colour printed on the cards accurate and consistent?
It's just that I noticed that a few of the Marvel cards even though they all look like they have the same picture where the auto goes, the colour looks different. Or is that your scanner?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Yeah for the most part that is my scanner. It suck, but it was only $30 and a couple years old so I really need to get a new one.
Artscow is really consistent with the coloring on my cards. I was asked my several stars to add more signing space onto the cards,so I have started making my cards into 3x5 pictures which do hold colors better but I just started sending them out so none of the the Marvel in the pictures are the pictures yet.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
So this is something that I have been working on for quite a long time.
I went all out for the base with over 160 cards for it alone, then I've created a couple of 'promos', I'm working on the autos now but I still want to do a couple of different subsets too.

one of my 'promos'

a few random base cards front and back

a few of the autos so far

I really, really, really want to get all of it printed, I just can't decide what to do.
I wish playing cards had square corners, that would make life much simpler for me Big Grin Twak

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!! These are better then any of the **** I do!!! Incredible!...or...possibly inconceivable!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Love those Marvel auto Chris.

That Princess Bride set is gorgeous Juelle...I'd buy a set!

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Chuck! Wavey haven't seen you here for a while, are you still collecting?
I always loved seeing your collections and sketches posted.
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline: WOW!!!! These are better then any of the **** I do!!! Incredible!...or...possibly inconceivable!

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
That Princess Bride set is gorgeous Juelle...I'd buy a set!

Thanks guys!
I was so excited when Factory Entertainment announced that they were going to do a card set. But that was over 5 years ago so that obviously isn't going to happen which annoys me, so I decided to make my own.
The most tedious part is taking all the screenshots trying to get the perfect moment the isn't blurry from movement or anything like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Yeah for the most part that is my scanner. It suck, but it was only $30 and a couple years old so I really need to get a new one.
Artscow is really consistent with the coloring on my cards. I was asked my several stars to add more signing space onto the cards,so I have started making my cards into 3x5 pictures which do hold colors better but I just started sending them out so none of the the Marvel in the pictures are the pictures yet.

Thanks Chris, that helps.
When you say 3x5 pictures what do you mean exactly? 3x5inches? so they aren't trading card size?
Sorry way to many question marks Smile
But here's another one, if they are 3x5inches which product from artscow do you use for them?
And another Twak
I can't work it out, do you know the difference between the 'Playing Cards 54 Designs' and the 'Multi-purpose Cards' apart from the price?

And I'll ask again hoping someone who has used them sees it.
Has anyone used MyTradingCards.com lately? what's the quality of their cards like?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Yes the pictures are 3x5 inches. They are almost the size of post cards and look like this next to the cards I make.

I still do all my Disney and Pixar in card form but have slowly started only sending out the pictures as they have more rom to write on and the stars seem to like that. As far as printing I get these printed at a place in NY called.

http://www.adoramapix.com/app/home/

They do great work and shipping is free if order is over $40. turn around time is fast like less then a week to send in and get them back.The pictures are also easier to get matted.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris I'll have to check out their website.

Also, I find it strange that quite a few stars would rather sign on the picture of themselves rather than the blank spot directly below.
I just don't get it Confused

I understand them wanting more space, just not the writing over their own picture.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
It could be that in the example above, the star thought the signature would have more visibility on the red than the grey.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Could be, now I put little signing flags pointing to the space I want signed to "help" them find the right spot.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post