Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Show off your Custom Cards!
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Show off your Custom Cards!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
And what do people do about packaging so the envelopes not heavy (and shipping expensive) but the card doesn't get damaged.Thanks

It's been a while since I did much of this, but it was easy. Get a toploader and trim one side edge off, so it is easier to put cards in and out of it. Put two of a card in it. Write a polite letter to whoever asking for them to sign one of the cards and return it -- tell them that they can keep the other card if they like (usually they'll sign both and return them both). Enclose an SASE.
Use a #6 envelope for the SASE, and put it all in a #10 envelope to send to the celebrity. All of this should be under one ounce, taking only a single 1st class postage stamp for the #10 envelope (and a single stamp for the SASE).

I very seldom had any problems with cards getting damaged in the mail.

Keep records -- do a word processing document, or a spreadsheet, and record what you sent, the address you used, and when you sent it. After a couple of months, you might decide to try again with a different address.

Do this for a while, and you might end up with a nice accumulation of autographed cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bill Mullins,

Posts: 2213 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Originally posted by RP01:
Thought I'd share this with you guys: Over the years I've been creating my own Carry On autograph cards (Carry On's are a comedy film series from the 60's and 70's - possibly only familiar to people in the UK?!?). At one point Cards Inc were going to make a set, then Strictly Ink announed a 50th Anniversary set which never got off the ground, so in the end I thought I'd make my own autograph cards. Such a shame no card company ever made anything of the licence Frown

Most of the core cast have now sadly passed away, but many of the occasional stars are still around and are household names in the UK. There's still a couple of stars I'd like to get an autograph card from, but I think I've been able to get hold of most of the memorable (and surviving) cast members:

Great collection Thumb Up . Shame they don't get shown on the telly these days but I guess you can blame the PC brigade ( otherwise known as the vocal minority Roll Eyes ) for that.

This excites me, can't put up a better image ? Bill Maynard died recently, aside from that you have everyone living that mattered, inc Barbara Windsor, Jim Dale, Bernard Cribbins, June Whitfield and Kenneth Cope (Vic Spanner my favourite carry on character) do you have Richard O'Callaghan ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post