Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Show off your Custom Cards!

This topic can be found at:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/9367026816

November 03, 2012, 07:34 PM
madcollector
Show off your Custom Cards!
quote:
Originally posted by Dex1186:
Blah i have sent to him 3 times, for the past 4 years and never get anything back. Your lucky! Maybe he hates Canada lol I always pay for the return to.


I always send a SASE as well, in addition to a full letter. It takes time to write all of the letters. However, I think it is worth it. Based on the comments I have gotten back from several of the stars, they appreciate the letters and the custom cards I take the time to make.

I started attempting to get my custom cards signed about 4 months months ago. It is hard to know how many I will eventually get back. Right now I am running at about a 40 percent success rate. I have received about 60 back, but that includes 5 that charged a fee to sign.

The thing that I am most surprised by is that I have only 4 of my Heroes cards back so far and 3 are from among the biggest stars - Zachary Quinto, Hayden Panettiere, and Greg Grunberg! Not that I'm complaining. I consider myself very lucky.
November 03, 2012, 07:50 PM
madcollector
Here are a few more Star Trek cards I got back:



November 04, 2012, 01:12 PM
TC00
^^^That's cool - Congratulations. Clap
November 04, 2012, 05:25 PM
TC00
Created a quick mock up of The Iron Giant (Animated Movie/1999) of a 16 card preview set plus 2 movie poster promos.

Promos are same size but look 'oversized' compared to others because they're vertical as oppose to the horizontal promo cards.

I look forward to creating and sending off the autograph cards but this may prove challenging. Some of the voice actors may not have fan mail addresses and those that do are major stars ie Jennifer Aniston.

Worth a try anyhow!

Oh and I thought the Iron Giant logo might be too large on the preview cards? Let me know what people think. Thanks all.

Here's 2 GIFs of the 18 card set in two halves.



This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,
November 04, 2012, 10:39 PM
Dex1186
quote:
Originally posted by madcollector:
quote:
Originally posted by Dex1186:
Blah i have sent to him 3 times, for the past 4 years and never get anything back. Your lucky! Maybe he hates Canada lol I always pay for the return to.


I always send a SASE as well, in addition to a full letter. It takes time to write all of the letters. However, I think it is worth it. Based on the comments I have gotten back from several of the stars, they appreciate the letters and the custom cards I take the time to make.

I started attempting to get my custom cards signed about 4 months months ago. It is hard to know how many I will eventually get back. Right now I am running at about a 40 percent success rate. I have received about 60 back, but that includes 5 that charged a fee to sign.

The thing that I am most surprised by is that I have only 4 of my Heroes cards back so far and 3 are from among the biggest stars - Zachary Quinto, Hayden Panettiere, and Greg Grunberg! Not that I'm complaining. I consider myself very lucky.


I sent SASA every time but didn't get it back, what can you do I gave up. It sucks he was my fave celebrity but after this I kinda lost some interest. Not saying its his fault for not signing just you get your hopes up and not get anything back.

____________________
Deb: Turns out Cole and him are buddies. They f---ing poke each other on Facebook

November 07, 2012, 07:38 PM
madcollector
I got some more Star Trek cards back recently.


November 11, 2012, 08:34 PM
mlj102
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to send a SASE internationally? I'm in US and want to send some cards to Canada, but the Post Office says they are unable to provide pre-paid postage that the Canadian postal service would recognize for it to be sent back to the US. I'm sure there has to be a way...
November 11, 2012, 09:34 PM
Chris Cline
quote:
Originally posted by mlj102:
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to send a SASE internationally? I'm in US and want to send some cards to Canada, but the Post Office says they are unable to provide pre-paid postage that the Canadian postal service would recognize for it to be sent back to the US. I'm sure there has to be a way...


Go online and buy Canada stamps. Then put them on the return envelopes. I do this for my Supernatural cards and it seems to work.

____________________
Ok 1 more pack then I'am done...no really..wait how many are left in that box?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
November 11, 2012, 10:43 PM
madcollector
quote:
Originally posted by mlj102:
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to send a SASE internationally? I'm in US and want to send some cards to Canada, but the Post Office says they are unable to provide pre-paid postage that the Canadian postal service would recognize for it to be sent back to the US. I'm sure there has to be a way...



You can also purchase International Reply Coupons at US post offices. These are certificates that can be exchanged in other counties for first class postage. It is not as convenient for the person you want a reply from, but it is an option.
December 07, 2012, 02:17 PM
Chris Cline
So here are some Underworld tests I might send out..I figure I would do one style for all the movies so I could add them as I go along.



____________________
Ok 1 more pack then I'am done...no really..wait how many are left in that box?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
December 08, 2012, 06:25 PM
Chris Cline
So I got a couple new customs back today and I could not be happier!!!!!!!! I have completed my
'Agatha Christie: Poirot' set! This has been one of my favorite show for years and pushed me into reading everything she ever wrote.




____________________
Ok 1 more pack then I'am done...no really..wait how many are left in that box?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
December 10, 2012, 08:23 PM
madcollector
I got a few more Star Trek cards back!


December 11, 2012, 08:34 PM
archifou
Hi madcollector,

Can I have the address of Dick Scotter from TOS.

My email is on my profile!
December 20, 2012, 08:30 PM
Chris Cline
Got the first of my Buck Rogers customs back today!!! Thanks to Anthony James for signing and a nice letter too.



____________________
Ok 1 more pack then I'am done...no really..wait how many are left in that box?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
January 14, 2013, 06:07 PM
Chris Cline


____________________
Ok 1 more pack then I'am done...no really..wait how many are left in that box?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
January 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
madcollector

January 25, 2013, 02:24 PM
Chris Cline
I love those Trek cards! Everyone is better then the last...

____________________
Ok 1 more pack then I'am done...no really..wait how many are left in that box?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
January 25, 2013, 02:25 PM
Chris Cline
I worked on a kind of expansion to the Eureka from Rittenhouse...



____________________
Ok 1 more pack then I'am done...no really..wait how many are left in that box?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
January 25, 2013, 11:40 PM
madcollector
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I love those Trek cards! Everyone is better then the last...


Thanks! However, I'm getting very frustrated. The cards I have been using look great. They are photo quality. However, the thick plastic coating is giving me fits because of the very frequent smearing of the autographs.

I have been sending special markers with my cards were possible. However, not all of the actors will use the markers I send, and it is too expensive to send the markers overseas. Yesterday, I got back cards from three different actors from the UK and Canada and they were all badly smeared. I've tried using an eraser to remove some of the coating, but it is just too thick.
January 25, 2013, 11:45 PM
madcollector
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I worked on a kind of expansion to the Eureka from Rittenhouse...



I've never seen the show, but the cards look great! I especially like how the signature area is completely integrated into the card as part of the fence background image.