Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1965 James Bond set
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted
I received a fantastic birthday gift from my wife yesterday, and I don't think she really understands how big a deal it is. She found a complete set of the 1965 James Bond Philadelphia cards! The cards are in excellent condition, stored in the heavy-duty sleeves and then placed into 9-pocket pages. Given the prices on this set, I don't know that I would have ever considered pursuing it, even though I a huge Bond fan. She knows how much I like the Bond cards, and she thought these were cool since they were made the year I was born. I was completely blown away by this incredible gift.

A huge THANK YOU to my lovely wife !! Luv You Elephant

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a lucky guy..congrats!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
she sounds very nice your wife, does she realise that it is my birthday soon? Big Grin

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Cool set and cool wife too. That's a really thoughtful gesture.

I like the old cards because they're a snapshot of when Bondmania first kicked off.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

Posts: 31 | Location: Boston Mass | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Very nice! A few pictures if you please?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Nice present... CongratZ!

Yrs ago, I found the Philly Gum Sales Poster for that 007 set but I need to remember where I put it. It looks alot like both the wrapper and the vending rack pack header.

Posts: 2235 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I would post some pics, if I knew how. Can someone give me some directions on how to do this? Warning--I am not very computer literate on this stuff sometimes, so make it very simple....

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up this set, 1 card at a time, along with the 1966 Thunderball, back in the 1990s. My cards are far from being mint !

It took me forever to find the decoder that came 1 per pack, had to open a sealed pack to get one !!

Posts: 4713 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post