Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
over the last couple of days I have had the chance to peruse a lot of the posts that are on this forum. i have two or three questions arising from these posts i will ask them all on this post with the date and member who posted it 1 May3 2011 wolfie regarding CD or DVD inserted cards you mention a Scorpion King CD inserted set how can this set be identified

David R In a rarer card item you say you have a Lost in Space SP1 could you describe this card please

April 15 2011 Btlfannz (closer to home) You post that you have approx a list of 200 Buffy Promo Cards Is there any way that you or any member can get a list of all the Buffy Inkworks Promo cards onto this forum or would it be too hard I am willing to assist in this effort as i have 199 buffy inkworks promos i consider box case and incentive cards as promos Not included are the buffy Fan Club or Johnny Lightning cards i do not consider these as Inkworks issued
If any one can help me with these Questions I would be grateful
Merry Xmas to all forum members
Piko

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have a Scorpion King card that has the BEST BUY logo on the back, from Inkworks, but I don't remember if it's from a CD or a DVD.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think that the BB card was from a Book store it is one card that I need but it is quiet expensive although it sometimes comes up on the bay

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sure, look at this website and you can see the Lost in Space SP1. Towards the bottom.

It depicts Dr. Smith and Will Robinson

http://www.nonsportpromocards.com/L/lostinspace.htm

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were several harder to find Scorpion King cards. Not sure which ones you mean.

Inkworks had a BB-1 in the Best Buy CDs. There was also UMJ-1 in the CDs, only released in Japan

This wasn't by Inkworks, but there was a bronze Scorpion King card (very nice looking) in the DVDs exclusive to K-Mart

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have all of those SCORPION KING cards. I will be happy to post a picture of them if you want.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is what the Bronze Card looks like

I guess I can post the link, as the card is not for sale

https://www.amazon.com/2002-Ro...-Promo/dp/B00PBH15O2

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I have all of those SCORPION KING cards. I will be happy to post a picture of them if you want.

I thought that the BB card was from a book store but it must be the one that Wolfie was referring too if it was from a Cd I have pictures of them thank you

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Sure, look at this website and you can see the Lost in Space SP1. Towards the bottom.

It depicts Dr. Smith and Will Robinson

http://www.nonsportpromocards.com/L/lostinspace.htm

Thank you David now I remember seeing this card somewere for sale on the bay but did not realise that it was an inkworks issue as i did not have it on my list oh well it will surface somewere nice Scorpion King bronze card pity it is not Inkworks

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I recall finding the Lost in Space SP1 at the Philly show along with Inkworks' unreleased Dr. Who promos. I think the SP1 was also unreleased

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I have a question - does anyone know how many Halle Berry unsigned autograph cards there exist from the Inkworks CATWOMAN set? And how scarce are they?

They were running the movie on a local channel here, and even with the sound off it's such a horribly bad movie. But it made me curious about the never used autograph card.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a question - does anyone know how many Halle Berry unsigned autograph cards there exist from the Inkworks CATWOMAN set? And how scarce are they?

They must be scarce because they don't turn up, but I doubt anyone could give you a number.

Berry also had her X-Men unsigned Storm card get out, but I think there was reported to be only a few of them. There was at least a couple that hit eBay many years ago at big prices, but X-Men has a huge following and Catwoman was unwatchable, so not sure how much anyone cares.

For years Berry was consistently voted as one of the worst signers to try to obtain in any manner. Funny how card makers kept creating and apparently misplacing her unsigned autograph cards when there was virtually no chance they could contract her for a signing during this period.

It wasn't until 2012 that her first Bond autograph card was released, with 3 more to come in 2014, 2015 and 2017.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:

wolfie regarding CD or DVD inserted cards you mention a Scorpion King CD inserted

The Scorpion King card was a japanese exclusive and is numbered UMJ-1, it was inserted in the cd soundtrack put out over there. I got mine by getting in touch with someone in Japan and sending them out to buy it and send me the card. I did not know the person and have never been in contact since, funny how some of these things happen in the hobby.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks Raven!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a question.

Neil Hamilton played Commissioner Gordon in the 1960s Batman TV series. Are there any cards featuring him in this role (I know of much older cards for him -- 1920s and 1930s)?

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I believe he’s pictured on several cards in the Topps Bat Laffs set (photos from the ‘66 Batman movie).

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

They were running the movie on a local channel here, and even with the sound off it's such a horribly bad movie. But it made me curious about the never used autograph card.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
regarding the Halle Berry signature cards i have never heard of these but I know that there were two types of redemption cards made for them one card had 7 signers on it including Halle Berry and the other card had 6 signers without Halle Berrys name on it I have seen the Halle Berry redemption card advertised for sale as unmarked unissued wich means that the signers name that you were supposed to get from the redemption card has not been marked on the card and seems to lead to the idea that signature cards were pack inserted mabey it is the unissued signature card that you are referring too or do you know for sure that there were unsigned Halle Berry autograph cards available But have never heard of a Halle Berry Catwoman unsigned signature card

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here is my Halle Berry unsigned autograph card. I have a lot of the redemption cards, but none of them has Halle Berry's name on it, that is a new one to me.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I understood that there were redemption cards listing the 6 signers inserted in packs with each card marked to show which autograph you could redeem it for. I assume there could be unmarked versions of these, because when they were printed, they didn't know how many they were going to need and ended up with some extra ones after they had all the autographs they were going to get.

I also assume they were hopeful in the early stages of the project that Berry would sign so they printed up the cards with the 7 signers and the autograph cards. Once it became clear that she wasn't going to sign, all those cards stayed in a box somewhere - perhaps forgotten at some point. By then they had nailed down the other 6 signers and printed up the 6 signer redemption cards because they didn't want customers to think there was a chance of getting a Halle Berry autograph.

I saw at least one of the unsigned autograph cards 2-3 years ago. The seller wanted way too much for it ($80-100?). Maybe someone else remembers the auction better. I have had a few other unsigned autograph cards but bought in the $3-10 range. To me unreleased cards are close enough to the territory of a prototype that I might go for one if it's cheap.

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
regarding the Halle Berry signature cards i have never heard of these but I know that there were two types of redemption cards made for them one card had 7 signers on it including Halle Berry and the other card had 6 signers without Halle Berrys name on it I have seen the Halle Berry redemption card advertised for sale as unmarked unissued wich means that the signers name that you were supposed to get from the redemption card has not been marked on the card and seems to lead to the idea that signature cards were pack inserted mabey it is the unissued signature card that you are referring too or do you know for sure that there were unsigned Halle Berry autograph cards available But have never heard of a Halle Berry Catwoman unsigned signature card

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post