Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    FUSM'97 Sketchagraphs - A Thing to Behold
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FUSM'97 Sketchagraphs - A Thing to Behold
 Login/Join

Picture of prenz
posted
This post may come as a shock to those who remember my old updates, since it has been nearly five years since I've had anything to share Eek

After a break in collecting, I stumbled onto this Card Talk thread just a few months ago, discussing the new 2017 Fleer Ultra Spider-Man set. I saw some fellow collectors discussing my older sketch cards fondly, and people were wondering of my whereabouts. That thread is now a crucial part of my 21-year quest because it single-handedly inspired me to try to revitalize my collection and come back swinging at least one more time Wink

I thought back to some allies and trade connections I had made in the past. After some dead-ends and waning hope, I was able to get an offer through right before Christmas Eve - the greatest gift I could have asked for.

Without further ado,

Chameleon

- The final A-list supervillain missing from my rogues gallery!

Spider-Man & Thing

- Perhaps one of the most stunning stand-alone pieces that has ever crossed my path, and a new blockbuster character to expand my Soul of Marvel universe.

The entire collection diorama has been updated, check it out here:

The Soul of Marvel

A Happy New Years to all! Best of luck in all your endeavors!! Wave

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prenz,

Posts: 162 | Location: Montreal Canada | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's a great collation of a collection! Very nice!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you’re back!
It’s amazing that you can take time off and then come back and add such awesome pieces!

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prenz
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys Smile

I made a cool preview image to make this a more eye-candy type thread Luv You

Note: From my gallery's welcome page you can see high-definition scans for all 52 cards! There's also a bonus gallery room lurking there with some awesome (even older!) sketch card relics Wink

Posts: 162 | Location: Montreal Canada | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Love seeing the new pickups, Craig.
Hard to imagine this collection getting even better, but I have a feeling you'll be improving it even further still.
Congrats!
Thumb Up

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prenz
posted Hide Post
Many thanks, 'piece! I did just get my 60th sketch card - but it may not be what you expect!

It's my latest proud entry in the Relics section of my gallery. We get to be Disney Treasures brothers now, bud!

Clap

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That's a doozy, but we can't be brothers though, alas! While I did have two of those at one point, a Dumbo from that same series, and a Tinkerbell from Disney Holiday Treasures, I've since sold them ($1,000 for Dumbo and $800 for Tink, although I think that one would be worth even more now).
That's a rare find indeed.
Congrats!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post