Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I actually am working on a Master Set of "Women of Star Trek", especially since I did so well in pulling the VL Troi costume. I am 17 autographs away (including needing all three incentives) and 6 costumes, plus a couple of inserts.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Warrior Babe, I have my first Master Set complete.

Firefly - The Complete Collection is done.

I'm pretty close on Lost Season 2 and Lost Revelations - my trade lists will be updated later today. Bouncey

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jdbuzz44
posted Hide Post
Finished my Transformers Revenge of the Fallen...right now i'm working on my 1999 WCW Nitro Set (still need 12 Autographs)

Posts: 31 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Bealay, YAY! well done on the Firefly set Clap
I'm trying to finish off my Firefly and Serenity sets at the moment too.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just received the last highlander card i needed,the a4 eliabeth cracen card.its taken me about two years to get this one.happy days Dance

Posts: 12 | Location: yaphank,ny,usa | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
depending how to say "Masterset completed" i'm now only looking for the GC-17 costume card Camryn Manheim with the white part of the dress instead of the black. I've once seen it passing by on eBay, yet needed then still many many other cards.
so 1 card and Ghost Whisperer seasons 1 & 2 is complete [ inc. all promo versions and the SDCC 2009 cards ] :-)

regarding my first remark, complete for me means also having 3 different versions of the GC-1 [ green, blue and pink ] and mirrored versions of the costumes on the dual costume cards. will soon post some pics

so if there someone outhere with the GC-17 white costume ;-)

cheers, Jos

Posts: 24 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I am working on completing numerous Master Sets as I have collected quite a few sets now and I am trying to finish off what I started some time ago.

I am currently collecting Master sets of the following: -

Samurai Jack (Autograph Card)

Scooby Doo: Mysteries and Monsters (Autos and a Chynna Clugston sketch to go)

Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (9 Pieceworks to go)

Smallville Season 1 - 6 (I secretly don't want to complete this as it is my favorite collecting obsession and don't know what I will do without it)

Veronica Mars Season 1 & 2 (I only have Base Sets, Promos and a Kirsten Bell Season 1 Auto so far)

I have completed Master sets of Justice League and Disney Treasures.

I will not attempt Master Sets of the following sets which I have collected: -

Star Wars Heritage

Star Wars: Clone Wars

Indiana Jones Heritage

Indiand Jones Masterpieces

Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I hope to collect Master Sets of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 in the future.

Progress reports will follow as my journey continues.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Working on a Heroes Archives master set now. (Well, master set minus the Archive Box exclusives)
After opening 2 cases, I only need 2 cards - Hayden Panetierre auto and Missing Poster prop card.

So close!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Still need the Kershner autograph to complete my set for ESB 30th.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Just Finished Dead Zone today! W00T!!! Just got the 2 Anthony Michael Hall auto's today. Now on to Veronica Mars.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i am still working on jericho

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I m trying Paranormal Activity
I need 2 binder promo's but can't find binder Bought online 3 comic con cards still waiting for and missed at least 2 cards in my packs,a micah costume and director auto.

The cell cards are numbered 1-3 but the 9 I had were all different movie images,where does a collector stand there ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i was working on a women of star trek master set but ive given up.tough set to put together..

Posts: 70 | Location: widnes,cheshire | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by widneswraiths:
i was working on a women of star trek master set but ive given up.tough set to put together..

It is a relatively tough set to put together, but I am attempting to do it. I am only down to needing 14 autos (including two of the three case incentives)and 2 costumes, plus a couple of cards from the insert sets and the binder and two promos, I just plan on taking it slowly.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
quote:
Originally posted by widneswraiths:

It is a relatively tough set to put together, but I am attempting to do it. I am only down to needing 14 autos (including two of the three case incentives)and 2 costumes, plus a couple of cards from the insert sets and the binder and two promos, I just plan on taking it slowly.

Val

I just need the Six Case Incentive and the Troi Costume. Not looking too hard as not willing to pay the high price of the Troi Costume or Incentive.

Good luck on tracking down what you need.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 6-case incentive is one of the cards I am missing, but I was lucky enough to pull the Troi costume which was what made me consider putting the entire set together. I don't mind if it takes years to finish off the set.

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I still need A1 autograph of joss weasel to complete all seven season sets of the inkworks buffy cards,but refuse to pay over £60 for it.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
i'm just 1 card away from completing my Lost Seasons 1-5 master set. I'm missing the Ben Linus autograph card !!

After that, I'll be the proud owner of 5 Lost master sets, that includes :
- Lost Season 1
- Lost Season 2
- Lost Season 3
- Lost Revelations

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by batmancity:
i'm just 1 card away from completing my Lost Seasons 1-5 master set. I'm missing the Ben Linus autograph card !!

After that, I'll be the proud owner of 5 Lost master sets, that includes :
- Lost Season 1
- Lost Season 2
- Lost Season 3
- Lost Revelations

Guh I'm jealous. I only need 2 more cards for Season 1 & Revelations and 3 more cards for Season 2. Lost 1-5 is going to be a while. The finances are groaning Eek

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

I have done a fair bit of internet shopping and visited a couple of collectors fairs in Scotland recently.

This has allowed me to move my collection on considerably completing the Chase Card Sets for Veronica Mars Season 2 and adding some Chase Sets and Promos to my Smallville collection.

I have also surrendered myself to the fact that I am unable to ignore my Star Wars and Indiana Jones sets which I have added a couple of chase sets and Autographs to.

I have also been on a crazy Iron Man 2 bender buying up Sketch Cards and Piece Works for the set at some amazing prices.

I can firmly say that August (and my wife) have been really good to me and my collection.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post