Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
I am a little bummed. I have been working on my Dexter master set and I am close to completion... or so I thought. ........Unfortunately, the one I am missing, Trev Murphy, only drew 3 cards out of the 400 boxes and according to rumor, all 3 have been pulled. So it looks like I will be one card short of this master set.

So will all but 3 MASTER collectors... Shake Head

I feel your pain as I'm in the exact same boat...

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Same here... It sucks.... I guess I have to get one of Trev cards in Dexter's next release

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
As of today, I am one more autograph closer to completing the entire run of Angel autograph cards. I got the Juliet Landau A10 in a trade today at the Philly Show and am very pleased to have it.

6 to go!

Val

I know I asked you this but who are the 6 you're missing?

The Final 6 are:

A17. Daniel Dae Kim as Gavin
A18. Jack Conley as Sahjhan
A27. Vladimir Kulich as The Beast
A29. Jack Kehler as Manny
A31. David Monahan as Garrett
A43. Camden Toy as The Prince of Lies

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all of the Razor INk stuff out there I've deceided to try for finishing my Serenity and Firefly sets.

two Autos for Firefly left and BL3

and Serenity I still need Fillion, Baccarin, and Glau and 7 of the pieceworks

Rob

Posts: 49 | Location: Vancouver Wa USA | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
I am a little bummed. I have been working on my Dexter master set and I am close to completion... or so I thought. ........Unfortunately, the one I am missing, Trev Murphy, only drew 3 cards out of the 400 boxes and according to rumor, all 3 have been pulled. So it looks like I will be one card short of this master set.

So will all but 3 MASTER collectors... Shake Head

I feel your pain as I'm in the exact same boat...
Same here guys on the Dexter set Twak

I'm all but done now with the Inkworks Sopranos set, but I can't seem to locate the uncut press set. That's the last piece I need for the master set.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Darth Vader Fan
here is an item number for what I think is the sheet you are looking for on "that site".
Let me know if this is what you need
Good luck
beamer

Item #190321080724

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
quote:
As of today, I am one more autograph closer to completing the entire run of Angel autograph cards. I got the Juliet Landau A10 in a trade today at the Philly Show and am very pleased to have it.

6 to go!

Val

I know I asked you this but who are the 6 you're missing?

The Final 6 are:

A17. Daniel Dae Kim as Gavin
A18. Jack Conley as Sahjhan
A27. Vladimir Kulich as The Beast
A29. Jack Kehler as Manny
A31. David Monahan as Garrett
A43. Camden Toy as The Prince of Lies

Val

Do you have a trade list? I could help you with the A31 David Monahan.

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
down to 8 cards left for my Inkworks Lost master sets:

Revelations:

Dustin Watchman gold auto /100
Jack/Kate dual pieceworks
Sawyer/Kate dual pieceworks

Season 1:

Shannon pieceworks

Season 2:

Sawyer sand/costume pieceworks

Season 3:

Paolo pieceworks
Sawyer pieceworks
Naomi pieceworks

if anyone has a line on any of these please let me know at dwdds01@aol.com

thx, Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Had a good trade with Starchild and got one more of my final Angel cards to complete the autograph run-

A31. David Monahan

I am now down to needing 5-

Daniel Dae Kim, Jack Conley, Vladimir Kulich, Jack Kehler, Camden Toy

I'm kinda thrilled that I've gotten so far with the collection.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had a good trade with Starchild and got one more of my final Angel cards to complete the autograph run-

A31. David Monahan

Val

I'll check tomorrow. I may have one or two you need.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

A31. David Monahan

Val

Traded with Michele recently and got another card off my list- we are down to the final four. Smile

Daniel Dae Kim
Jack Conley
Vladimir Kulich
Camden Toy

This is gonna be fun Smile

Val

Thanks to everyone for the help thus far Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
10 cards to go for a Battlestar Galactica Season 4 master set.

12 cards to go for a Grand Master set for Rittenhouse's Battlestar Galactica 7 sets

BSG Complete - Complete
BSG Colonial Warriors - Complete
BSG Premier - Sackhoff autograph
BSG Season 1 - McDonnell autograph
BSG Season 2 - Complete
BSG Season 3 - Complete
BSG Season 4 - 8 autographs, G10, DC11

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Working on a master set for Terminator Salvation atm. Does anyone know someone who sells the retail exclusive pop-up cards from this set? I've never seen them on Ebay.

Posts: 145 | Location: Blerick, Holland | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

A31. David Monahan

Val

Traded with Michele recently and got another card off my list- we are down to the final four. Smile

Daniel Dae Kim
Jack Conley
Vladimir Kulich
Camden Toy

This is gonna be fun Smile

Val

Thanks to everyone for the help thus far Smile

Thanks to my good friend Jane, I am now down to the final three Angel autographs.

My final three:

A17. Daniel Dae Kim as Gavin (Angel Season 3)
A27. Vladimir Kulich as The Beast (Angel Season 4)
A43. Camden Toy as The Prince of Lies (Angel Season 5)

I am excited!

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My comics shop had gotten two Razor Vault boxes for me, but accidentally opened them, so I didn't get to experience the thrill of opening the Vault boxes (the sealed boxes turned out to be Veronica Mars 2 and American Idol)- anyway I found out which 6 autograph cards were also in said boxes and I am slowly buying them from my shop. (They are holding them aside for me and they include cards for series I don't collect)-

I got two of the six autograph cards today-

Small Soldiers Gregory Smith and Women of Sunnydale Kali Rocha.

Why am I putting this here?

Kali Rocha is the LAST card I needed for a Master Set of Women of Sunnydale!

I've finally gotten my master set 5 years later!

Val

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Congrats Val! Clap

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
I haven't gone after any Master sets in a while, but a few in the works:

Family Guy/Star Wars - Last card incoming
Kiss Tour Edition [Walmart] - Have to open the boxes Big Grin
Twilight Zone Complete - Missing 1 regular and both incentive autographs. Binder incoming

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Down to the last four cards on Battlestar Galactica Season 4

G10
Autographs: Callis, Bennett and Savasta

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Val - congrats on finishing your WOS master set!!

Da DaDa Da!!!

I am totally done with my Inkworks WitchBlade master set!! Smokin'

The one thing that was holding me back was finding a binder. I don't know why but it seemed to take forever!! Luckily, I found one that had the few extra subset cards that I needed.

To top it of, I added a signed Yancy Butler 8x10 photo as an intro piece just after the sell sheet. I know this wasn't as elaborate as oters but it was so much fun.

Finding a variant jean pw was a nice little addition and yep, I have all the redemptions for each pw and auto not to mention a wrapper and box. I just hope I didn't forget anything.. is there a link as to what makes up a master set just so that I could have a referance?

But, I now have several upon several base sets so if anyone is interested - let me know Wink

*i think my next venture will be the Dawn 20th anniversary set. That should be a challenge*

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would like to get my Fleer Ultra X-Men 94 Silver X-Over set soon before it gets to be 500.00 a set or more than what it is now to complete that set. Keeping it simple but wanting the MM 96 set while its still afforable or even findable at what it goes for now. I doubt Ill ever get a master set but Im going to try at least.

Posts: 15 | Location: Ocoee,Fl | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post