Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I had a good mail day, I recieved the last 2 foil cards I needed to finish the regular insert sets from a trade and the last pieceworks card from ebay to finish the pieceworks set for my Serenity Master Set. I'm just 3 promo cards and 1 autograph card away from completion. The auto I need is the A10 (The Operative) and I'm just waiting until Inkworks starts redeeming them, there should be a whole bunch hitting ebay over a short period of time and I'd rather pick up the live card over a redemption.

What Serenity promos are you looking for? I have some extras (I will have to wait until Sunday to tell you which ones I have). Let me know what you need.

Thanks for the offer. I still need the SP-i, SP-CEE and SP-UK. I have a huge number of inserts and promos to trade (including Serenity stuff) if you happen to find any of those. Smile

OK.. I just checked. I have the SP-CEE card. Are you still needing it?

Thanks

Tim

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Yuppers. Email sent. Smile

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Randy Giles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by angelchick182:
I hit my goal of finishing 2 sets in 2005. Last week I picked up the 1 auto to finish Buffy MoS and the 1 auto I needed to finish Buffy WoS. Still one card away on Angel Season 5!

Well done AC182, good luck with your Angel season 5 card! Smile

Posts: 200 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RachelH
posted Hide Post
Ii'm working on charmed season 1. only need 5 chase cards and i'm done. well and the charmed gummie, but as it wasn't pack inserted i'm not including that!!Lol!!

Rachel
x x x x

Posts: 325 | Location: Walsall UK | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by angelchick182:
I hit my goal of finishing 2 sets in 2005. Last week I picked up the 1 auto to finish Buffy MoS and the 1 auto I needed to finish Buffy WoS. Still one card away on Angel Season 5!

Well done AC182, good luck with your Angel season 5 card!

Many thanks! With Lost Season One coming out in a couple days, I'll probably set it aside until after the first of the year.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just completed my Master Set of Star Trek TNG Quotable at the Birmingham Memorabilia Show in the U.K. the last autograph was Femke Janssen.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RachelH:
Ii'm working on charmed season 1. only need 5 chase cards and i'm done. well and the charmed gummie, but as it wasn't pack inserted i'm not including that!!Lol!!

Rachel
x x x x

Rachel,

What 5 Charmed Season One chase cards do you need? I have some (they are listed in my Trade list).

Tim

alternate email:

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wavey
I've been a quiet Star Trek Master Set collector just going to shows and working with local friends and dealers. I'm new to this forum and have probably traded with many in the past as the handles look familiar from the past.

I've just completed a spare Skybox Star Trek TOS Season 3 Master set. Smile

I'm working on a Quotable TNG and Enterprise Season 4, plus a few others.

I'm expanding in Stargate and maybe Battlestar Galactica. Any master set traders?

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
hi ray

welcome to card talk. i have also been expanding in stargate recently. send me an email (in my profile) and we might be able to get both of us closer.

jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi there

I am I auto A10 and a few promos off finishing Serenity -

my first real master set

I am also collecting

Star Wars Heritage - I have at least one of each artists sketch card - still buying more - I think I will give the autos a miss though

Star wars ROTS - started working on the Sketches

need

1. Joseph Booth
2. Matt Busch
3. Jeff Carlisle
4. Jeff Chandler
5. Justin Chung
6. Joe Corroney
7. Cythia Cummens
8. Dave Dorman
9. Kieron Dwyer
10. Chris Elipoulos
11. Scott Erwet
12. Davide Fabbri
13. David Fox
14. Otis Frampton
15. Paul Gutierrez
16. Matt Haley
17. Thomas Hodges
18. James Hodgkins
19. Randy Martinez
20. John McCrea - coming
21. Bradon McKinney
22. Monte Moore
23. Dan Norton
24. William O’Neil
25. Kilian Plunkett
26. Amy Pronovost
27. Juan Carlos Ramos
28. Brian Rood
29. Howard Shum
30. Cat Staggs
31. Robert Teranishi
32. Christian Dalla Vecchia
33. Sarah Wilkinson
34. Brent woodside

Any help would be great - I have lots of star wars to trade

Cheers Mark

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Mark,

What Serenity promos do you need?

Tim

alternate email:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I've got nearly a dozen work-in-progress master sets in various stages of completion. My interest in each waxes and wanes, usually depending on if I happen to catch a card I need from the set on eBay. Here's what I've been actively working on recently:

Doctor Who 40th Anniversary (need the binder and about half the autographs)

Farscape in Motion (so close I can taste it, really. I need 2 sound cards, 2 Gold Archive cards and a smattering of common inserts)

Farscape Season 3 (aside from the sketches which I probably won't chase that much I just need a few common inserts and about half the Revenging Angel cards)

Farscape Season 4 (mostly need about half the Gallery cards and a few common inserts)

Farscape Through the Wormhole (need a lot of stuff for this...the UK promo, 2/3 of the autographs and a bunch of inserts)

Stuff I've put aside for now:

Six Million Dollar Man
Sopranos
Twilight Zone series 3
Avengers 1 & 2
New Outer Limits

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
I've got nearly a dozen work-in-progress master sets in various stages of completion. My interest in each waxes and wanes, usually depending on if I happen to catch a card I need from the set on eBay.

I'm pretty much the same...

But I don't consider myself a completist eventhough I have several sets that are just one or two cards away from completion... I can't find the nerve (I.E. too cheap) to pay as much as what those cards go for. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

eventhough I have several sets that are just one or two cards away from completion

Razz Roll Eyes Wink Big Grin Wave

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

eventhough I have several sets that are just one or two cards away from completion

Razz Roll Eyes Wink Big Grin Wave

Yea, yea, yea... just rub it in some more! Razz Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
Okay i'm currently working on Smallville Season 3 and Season 4... gonna be tough me thinks!!

However on a happier note:

I just received my Fleer Ultra Babylon 5 Hologram 2 of 8, which means i now finally have a master set of this!! Woohoo!! Can't tell you how happy i am!! Probably the nicest holo in the set too Smile

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats on completing your B5 Ultra Master Set, I still need the Delenn Mystery Card to complete my B5 Trading Card Master Run.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Congrats RupT!!!!

I am working on Serenity and Lost right now. And of course, I am always working on Xena and Farscape (on the back burner for now).

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Working on way to many masters sets lol
All Buffy (only need one auto for season 4)
Roswell (only need 2 cards)
All Charmed
All Alias
Serenity
Lost (Pretty much done just waiting on everything to come in, then have to redeem the auto cards)

Posts: 151 | Location: Sacramento | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Which Roswell cards do you need?

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post