Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just 1 auto card away from a James Bond In Motion master set now ( Of course it would be the expensive WA31 Honor Blackman and it may be on its way )

Ditto with Hammer Horror 1 where its the HA5 David Prowse I keep missing on e$ay

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have just completd my master set of Hammer Horror again courtesy of a dealer at the Leeds Comic mart who sold me a Spears sketch and a new Hack sketch at a very reasonable price. Oddly enough another dealer offered me a second HA5 auto to complete my second set of autos but I turned him down and bought three nice 2000AD sketch cards from him instead. He had £60.00 on it, I reckon I could have got it for £40.00 no problem.

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
I've just completed my Lost season 3 master set with the piece-of-the-plane propworks. It was not a really good deal but I had to have it !

Now I can proudly say that I have master sets for
- Lost Season 1
- Lost Season 2
- Lost Season 3
- Lost Revelations (this one was actually the hardest to complete with the elusive pieceworks incentive cards) !!

Clap

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I am now 1 auto, 2 promos and a preview set away from completing as near to a master as possible (given there are sketches) of the Thunderbirds The Movie (Cards Inc) set...
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:
I am now 1 auto, 2 promos and a preview set away from completing as near to a master as possible (given there are sketches) of the Thunderbirds The Movie (Cards Inc) set...
Au Res.,
Paul
What cards are you looking for?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
The tricky ones are the Woolworths/The Sun redemption set and the THREE (not two) missing promos, CZP2, DCP3 and UKP6 (which I didn't know I was missing until I read Todd's Promo guide - thanks Todd!)
The autograph is Dominic Colenso (AC6) - they pop up from time to time so I don't anticipate much of a problem getting that one!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Promo 3 and 6 are easy, go now to you know where.

Promo 2 was exclusive to CollectorZone and is the tough one.

I know a wolfie who has the promo 2 and a sealed redemption set on his trade page. Wavey Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Star Wars 30th
Missing: Ford auto

Indiana Jones Heritage
Missing: Ford, Lucas, Spielberg auto

Indiana Jones Crystal Skull
Missing: Spielberg auto

Indiana Jones Masterpieces:
Missing: Ford, Lucas, Spielberg auto again Frown

So Missing: 3 Ford, 2 Lucas and 3 Spielberg Razz
Anyone can help lol

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Star Wars 30th
Missing: Ford auto

Indiana Jones Heritage
Missing: Ford, Lucas, Spielberg auto

Indiana Jones Crystal Skull
Missing: Spielberg auto

Indiana Jones Masterpieces:
Missing: Ford, Lucas, Spielberg auto again Frown

So Missing: 3 Ford, 2 Lucas and 3 Spielberg Razz
Anyone can help lol

I should be so lucky that's all that I need.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
hey archifou
i new you had a Ford Thumb Up
but Lucas as well Eek
why don't you have the Spielberg from that set Big Grin
come on get to it Smile

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
hey archifou
i new you had a Ford
but Lucas as well
why don't you have the Spielberg from that set
come on get to it

Hey Damien,

Still waiting that you buy me one of those since you told me the other day you consider buy me one for Christmas on the bay...

Come on by get me one Spielberg from Crystal Skull to complete my master set on the bay. Still one week before the Holidays :-)

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
i whas considering buying you the triple auto
but then i just changed my mind Wink

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
i whas considering buying you the triple auto
but then i just changed my mind

Damien,

The Spielberg is cheapper, $3,399.95. Buy it Now. That a deal compare to $20,000.00. Still 5 days so hurry up!

Go go go Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Spielberg is cheapper, $3,399.95.
youre right thats quite a deal Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
38 down, 8 to go...

I recently got in one of the 9 cards I needed to finish off the Angel autograph collection- Mark Lutz as Groosalugg. Smile

That leaves just 8 autographs to collect and I am through with the Angel series. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Just won an auction for the last card to complete my Hellboy Animated master set from Inkworks. Since this contained sketches, I decided to only include sketches which had Hellboy himself in them in one shape or form. I've got the rare promo and the uncut sheet too.

Once I receive my Mignola (a bargain at under $80, although the USD:GBP exchange rate means it is not as good as it would have been this time last year), I'll post up scans of all the sketches.

Very pleased to finally complete this with some lovely artwork.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
I completed now my FIRST master set: Buffy Women of Sunnydale. Dance

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alias_0070
posted Hide Post
Well I've never completed a master set, but I'm working on:
Supernatural season 1
Veronica Mars Season 1, Season 2

Hmm we'll see how that goes... Roll Eyes

Posts: 98 | Location: usa | Registered: July 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm on the prowl for an Angel Season 1 binder, and then I'll have a complete Season 1 - 5 set.

I have DS9 Memories, Farscape S1 and Complete DS9 master sets already.

Yay!

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post