Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fhdavid52:
Thanks for the info.

You're welcome. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystk:
If I hadn't traded/sold off most of my collection a while back I might have masters of all Buffy sets already
But then I'd be bored with nothing to collect

The few times I have completed a master,I get bored with it also,and either sell it or break it down to trade.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
After getting WA1 Jill St. John as Tiffany Case (in Daiamonds Are Forever) yesterday, I have now completed my Master Set for Women of Bond In Motion Clap . Thats my first Rittenhouse master set and also my first master set of a series that has autos and/or costumes.

Other ones I'm working on are Bond 40th Anniversary (need A16 David Hedison as Felix Leiter and the infamous "D" card, don't we all...)
Also working on what I call the 'Ultimate Women of Bond in Motion' master set which encompasses all of the WOB cards 'add-on' cards from Quotable Bond and Dangerous Liaisons. Missing three autos (Cary Lowell, Serena Scott-Thomas & Martine Beswick) and six of the Quoatable Bond Girls Are Forever cards. Nearly there... Drool

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Just got a Lost in Space Archives master set off eBay for a really good price. I know, kind of cheating, but even though I had almost completed one on my own the price was too good; I would've paid almost as much to finish my set.

Also, only need three more autograph cards to complete my Six Million Dollar Man set: Lee Majors and the two case incentives, Gary Lockwood and William Shatner.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got these in the mail today:

Fred's T-shirt: PW-2

Velma's top: PW-7

Daphne's Pants: PW-10

I am almost there on this set, and my Catwoman set.
I am hoping to finish both by the end of this year.

Fingers crossed!
Chris

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Hmmme... is the bottom one a variant? Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
Hmmme... is the bottom one a variant? Big Grin

It sure is! Big Grin
Another one to add to the collection.

ya'll can feel free to look at my site with my PW collection:
http://c.1asphost.com/chrisica/

Enjoy -- Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
I'm yet to finish my first master set of any cards. But, LOST season 1 has just the 3 auto pieceworks to get (unlikely) and the H-2005 promo dealer card, plus Kevin Tighe's auto and numbers card 4.

I'm building the Serenity one also, and have just one auto to go to complete the FIREFLY master set (must finish posting the case breakdown, eh?).

I have my sights set on the Hellboy, Alias and Angel sets, as well as the new Superman one.

Set my sights a bit high, but ya gotta have a dream!

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just finished my master set for Doctor Who Definitive 3, having finished Definitive 2 previously. Just need two for series 1. Wink

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
I'm almost done with my Robots master set. I just need three sketches (SK6, 10 & 12), two retail foils (RE1 & 2), and the H2004 promo (which should be arriving any day now).

I just need the two retail foils now - why are these so hard to find???

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
I've been working on Buffy and Charmed for awhile now. Everytime I think I can gather resources for finishing up a set, a new cool one comes out. Smile

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
This is such a good thread, as the master set you are working on changes from time to time.

I am working on two master sets at present.

Firefly (front boiler)
and still LOTR TTT, I still need one auto. (back boiler)

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
I'm still working on tring to finish smallville Seasons 3 and 4 Smile

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i am working on

charmed power of three 1 card left to get

charmed connections 1 card left to get

charmed destiny 4 cards left to get

avp (alien vs preditor) 1 card left to get

lost season 1 4 cards left to get

completed charmed season 1 and conversations

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I'm working on about 55 master sets...

...don't think I'll finish any. Roll Eyes

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
lol roger you might do one one day

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping so...

There's a Catwoman PW1 being held hostage with my name on it. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Redemption: what are the hostage's demands? Wink

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
I'm working on about 55 master sets...

...don't think I'll finish any. Roll Eyes

Sounds familiar. Wink Roll Eyes

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
Redemption: what are the hostage's demands? Wink

Mentally torturing me with the know of that they own it. Big Grin