Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
All you LOST collectors. Wave

I have the Sawyer auto and the Sawyer auto / piecework up for trade at the moment. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
I've made lots of progress since my last post. My Angel Season 5 set is still missing 1 auto from being finished. Angel Season 3 is missing 1 auto, 2 boxloaders, and the caseloader. My Buffy Season 7 has made some progress, and Lost Season 1 is coming along nicely(missing 2 autos, 1 PW, 2 promos, and 3 auto'd PW which I still don't know if I'm going to chase).

I've still yet to branch out into autos and PW for Smallville - maybe this year.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well im still working on my Master Set for LOST. Was looking for a few cards last night, and came across this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ABCS-LOST-LP1-CAST-SIGNED-PREVIEW-T...ryZ219QQcmdZViewItem

This person is selling the whole 15 card preview set signed by the memeber appearing on that card.

What you all think ?

Posts: 32 | Location: Australia | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by angelchick182:
I've made lots of progress since my last post. My Angel Season 5 set is still missing 1 auto from being finished. Angel Season 3 is missing 1 auto, 2 boxloaders, and the caseloader. My Buffy Season 7 has made some progress, and Lost Season 1 is coming along nicely(missing 2 autos, 1 PW, 2 promos, and 3 auto'd PW which I still don't know if I'm going to chase).

I've still yet to branch out into autos and PW for Smallville - maybe this year.

Angelchick...

Email me with what Angel 3 BLs you are missing, Buffy Season 7, and Lost promos. Maybe I can help you out.

Tim

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I'm just curious what Angel 5 auto she's missing actually. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I never really wanted to collect any master sets, but recently I sold off 80% of my collection (kept my Harry Potter autos and a few randow cards that I won't part with , such as my Gillian Anderson and Chloe Annett autographs) and used the money to buy a bunch of Veronica Mars, and now I'm only 6 cards away from the master set. I should hopefully have it done by May.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
BIG thank you to Lessa!! Finished Angel Season 5 Master set, so I am now DONE with Angel Master sets and ONE card away from being done with Buffy Master sets (BB PW2, what else). I might still be missing a strange promo or two, but if I ever get the PW2, I will buy the missing promos off eBay so fast, it won't even be funny. Only one more card to go for the VM Master set (PW1).... Let's Trade!!!

Thanks again Lessa! Metal Thumb Up

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deza992450:
plus all the promos not listed,

What about that horribly expensive Fan Club promo?
I've seen the odd one around and the price of that one has convinced me not to start collecting that set. Being a completist I know I'll never get that one in this lifetime.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
quote:

I've seen the odd one around and the price of that one has convinced me not to start collecting that set. Being a completist I know I'll never get that one in this lifetime.

I have 2 cards left now until I finish the Master set. The FAN CLUB promo. and Kates Auto/Pw. The fan club card is costly hence I will not buy the card alone, I will buy the FAN CLUB kit, that contains the card.

Posts: 32 | Location: Australia | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
quote:

I have 2 cards left now until I finish the Master set. The FAN CLUB promo. and Kates Auto/Pw. The fan club card is costly hence I will not buy the card alone, I will buy the FAN CLUB kit, that contains the card.

Actually, i've just complete my LOST master set with the fan club promo card and just like you, i thought the prices on that auction site were a little bit too much but i finally managed to get it at $30 almost 1/2 price compared to what i should have paid. (for the record, i consider a master set w/o the autographed pieceworks even if i have the kate one Big Grin)

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exactly what I done and what good value it was Thumb Up We now both need the same card for the master Roll Eyes

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just got the Dirk Benedict autograph costume card from Battlestar Galactica Colonial Warriors. I now have all 4 of the autograph costume cards. I'm gradually putting this together. But since I have those and the Jane Seymour the rest I can take My time with.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fhdavid52
posted Hide Post
It's funny, but I found some new stuff for my old Universal Monsters Illustrated set. I have the base set and all the chase cards in a binder along with a custom cover. I also have 2 unopened boxes, both promo cards, a promo poster that came with the cases of cards back in the 90's. I have a full color reproduction of an Ad for the cards,and the magazine article in Non-sport update about the cards. I recently discovered some sort of oversized promo card, and purchased an uncut sheet of the chase cards, that also had some Phantom cards printed on it.

Posts: 13 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Now that I got an Evangeline Lilly and a Kristen Bell autograph card, I decided to finish up my Lost and Veronica Mars master sets. For LOST, I only need the Kate PW, the Shannon PW, and the Locke PW, as I have all of the other chase cards, including the promos and APW cards. For Veronica Mars, I need the Veronica PW, 4 auto cards (Capra, Majorino, Poitier, and Marshall) and the P3 promo.

All in all, I don't think this will be too hard to do. Once I got those two hard to get cards, the decision was easy...

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAT:
I am working on 2 at the moment first one is Star Wars Galaxy, I only need the Blue Auto Redemption card from series 1 to complete my all series master set including promos.

The second is Star Wars Revenge of the Sith I just need any sketch card from the following to complete my hobby/retail master set.
Jeff Carlisle
Justin Chung
Chris Elipoulos
Monte Moore
Kilian Plunkett
Juan Carlos Ramos
Cat Staggs (on way soon)

Any offers of help would be great. Wavey

Now only down to these four.
Jeff Carlisle
Chris Elipoulos
Monte Moore
Kilian Plunkett

I know you guys want to help me, so drop me an email please. Wave

Posts: 192 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fhdavid52:
both promo cards, .

There are 4 promo cards in total.

Unnumbered blue back
Unnumbered green back
Oversize
Horrorglow

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fhdavid52
posted Hide Post
See, you learn something new every day. I have 3 of the ones you list, and didn't even know a horrorglow existed. I will need to hunt it up to complete my set. Thanks for the info.

Posts: 13 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I'm so close to finishing an Apprentice master set that I can almost taste it. For the record, it tastes like hairspray! Bleah!

I've been slowly filling in gaps in my Farscape sets. I've almost finished the Gallery set from Season 4 (just need the G2 Aeryn card). Now I just need some various Behind the Scenes and Quotable Farscape cards to finish it off entirely. Filled a few holes in my Through the Wormhole set but I still need a TON of autographs on that (along with several misc. chase cards).

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I'm now one auto away from a master set of Buffy Season 4 Big Grin
I don't count mini press sheets as part of a master set, so it doesn't matter to me if it's not Absolutely Complete in that regard.

If I hadn't traded/sold off most of my collection a while back I might have masters of all Buffy sets already Eek
But then I'd be bored with nothing to collect Wink

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
I'm now one auto away from a master set of Buffy Season 4 Big Grin
QUOTE]

Wow! That is a hard thing to do! Which autograph card are you missing?

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post