Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
I am almost on the verge of completing my very first Master Set- Buffy and the Men of Sunnydale- I finally paid off my Evil Trio and Principal Wood's Tie PW. All I need is the MOS Caseloader and I am good-(I do not collect the uncut sheets though.)

Val

Preemptive congratulations Val! Good luck on that case card! Thumb Up

I don't consider the uncut sheets as part of my master sets either.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Working on a master set of smallville series 3.Just need the chloe piecework.Of course there not popping up right now Mad

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Star Wars 30th - Ford auto
Indiana Jones Heritage - Ford, Lucas and Spielberg auto
Crystal Skull - Ford, Lucas and Spielberg auto

Oh and the 1/1 cards too

I need 3 Ford auto, 2 Lucas auto and 2 Spielberg auto. Mad

Can someone help lol

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I know it's a bit late to reply lol. But I finished off my master set for Lost Season one over a year ago. Was going thru my paypal records and it jogged my memory of the price I paid to get that damn Kate APW1 card. nearing $380 AUS. I haven't bothered buying any of season 2 and 3 and revelations cards at all.

Posts: 32 | Location: Australia | Registered: March 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am still working on my Complete Bond Autograph Master set...but not for want of trying. The problem is that the cards simply are not turning up for auction. Only the rare multi-case autographs or the very cheap autos seem to turn up - neither of which ever sell. I'm interested in the middle-of-the-road autographs, e.g. Britt Ekland, Caterina Murino etc. but they are not to be found. Don't know if their relative scarcity means they all have homes in collections or dealers are reluctant to sell their stock at auction for fear of not getting a high enough price. Whatever the case, it's stopping people like me from being able to get hold of anything.

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RP01:
Am still working on my Complete Bond Autograph Master set...but not for want of trying. The problem is that the cards simply are not turning up for auction. Only the rare multi-case autographs or the very cheap autos seem to turn up - neither of which ever sell. I'm interested in the middle-of-the-road autographs, e.g. Britt Ekland, Caterina Murino etc. but they are not to be found. Don't know if their relative scarcity means they all have homes in collections or dealers are reluctant to sell their stock at auction for fear of not getting a high enough price. Whatever the case, it's stopping people like me from being able to get hold of anything.

It certainly is weird when almost a whole auto line-up just seems to drop off the radar. You can almost certainly expect to see a trickling of these when the new set/movie is out. In the mean-time it may be a case of doing it old-school and going to a show or two - the cards are out there - though I would recommend haggling!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
I have nearly completed my Dr Who Trilogy/Monochrome Ulitamate master set. I was just about there when they added the add on Monochrome set with new artists, then I was nearly there again when they released the year box with 2 more artist. Hack who did 22 and Hickman who only did 2. I am now waiting for a Kieth Talbot sketch to arrive to complete the set unless some unknown sketch turns up.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
I'm attempting my first Master Set with Family Guy: Season 2...

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MadCow:
I'm attempting my first Master Set with Family Guy: Season 2...

Best of luck MadCow.

Let us know when you've done it!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
My "Fantasy Worlds of Irwin Allen" set is coming along nicely. I just picked up the last of the Behind-the-Scenes cards and the last Gallery card I needed. I think (and I'll have to double check Jeff Allender's site to make sure) that the only card I need is the R22 Dealer Incentive card.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froz1
posted Hide Post
I'm working on a (Not quite complete) Master set of Indiana Jones Heritage, i am trying to get:

1 Sketch Card from each Artist
Full set of Autos (except Lucas, Spielberg, Ford or 1:1 cuts)
Full set of Parallels
Full set of Sticker Magnets

I need sketch cards from 14 artists, 6 Autographs, 49 Parallels & all of the Magnets to achieve my goal!

Posts: 46 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: August 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Froz1:
I'm working on a (Not quite complete) Master set of Indiana Jones Heritage, i am trying to get:

1 Sketch Card from each Artist
Full set of Autos (except Lucas, Spielberg, Ford or 1:1 cuts)
Full set of Parallels
Full set of Sticker Magnets

I need sketch cards from 14 artists, 6 Autographs, 49 Parallels & all of the Magnets to achieve my goal!

Still ambitious even without the big 3 and cut-autos! Which artists are you still chasing?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froz1
posted Hide Post
My complete Heritage sketch card collection can be seen here (200+ cards):

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb87/froz1/Indiana%20Jones%20Heritage/

Funds have about ran out, and the artists I need are at the high end of the market, so I don't think I'll be finishing it anytime soon!

NEED:

Len Bellinger
Matt Busch
Trevor Grove
Adam Hughes
Leah Mangue
Jason Palmer
Sean Pence
Jason Portatz and Jack Hai
Mark Raats
Patrick Richardson
Jon Roscetti
Jason Sobol
Jerry Vanderstelt
Russ Walks

Posts: 46 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: August 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Froz1:
My complete Heritage sketch card collection can be seen here (200+ cards):

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb87/froz1/Indiana%20Jones%20Heritage/

Funds have about ran out, and the artists I need are at the high end of the market, so I don't think I'll be finishing it anytime soon!

Wow... impressive collection Froz1! Thumb Up Though it looks as if you're after more than one of each artist. Big Grin

Good luck on completing that set.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Froz1
posted Hide Post
What can I say, I really like Sketches - LOL

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I need from Indiana jones Heritage beside Ford, Lucas and Spielberg auto, Magnet: #1, #4 and #6.

Stephane

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
My Complete Avengers is getting close to...complete Big Grin
Still need these characters:

Captain America
Doctor Doom
Firestar
Galactus
Goliath
Grim Reaper
Hellcat
Hulk
Iron Man
Morgan Le Fey
Spider-Woman
The Mandarin
Thunderstrike
Warbird

And these artist:

Guy Dorian
Ian Dorian
Don Hillsman
Tony Perna

If anyone out there can help, please let me know. Thanks.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
that indy jones collection, is so impressive on so many levels. Thats a hell of an accomplishment to get that many different artists already. im sure you could do some trading with all the repeat artists you have, and get most of the ones your missing. overall though, great job!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I decided a long time ago that getting at least one of every artist would be a drain on my resources, I admire hugely anyone for giving it a crack.

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first full master set is complete. Dance Hammer Horror Series 1. It had to be done. It was bloody expensive and painful at times but the jobs a good un (as they would say in my area). I might go for a few more sketch cards that I really like but no more boxes for me as I have at least one of each artist.

Next target - Doctor Who Big Screen Additions...

Ow... this is gonna hurt my wallet! Smile

Posts: 277 | Location: Hell, England | Registered: December 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post