Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the sets I'm working on

Avengers Assemble
Big Bang Theory Seasons 1 and 2
The Walking Dead Season 1
The Walking Dead Season 2
Castle Seasons 1 and 2
Farscape Season 1
Farscape Season 2
Farscape Season 3
Farscape Season 4
Farscape Through the Wormhole
Farscape In Motion
Stargate Season 1
Stargate Season 4
Stargate Season 5
Stargate Season 6
Stargate Season 7
Stargate Season 8
Stargate Season 9
Stargate Season 10
Stargate Heroes
Stargate Atlantis Season 1
Stargate Atlantis Season 2
Stargate Atlantis Seasons 3 & 4
Grimm Fairy Tales
Transformers (2013)

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eng621
posted Hide Post
I finally finished Clone Wars widevision. Won the Dee Bradly Baker retail auto on ebay.

Posts: 113 | Location: Yorkville,IL., USA | Registered: April 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is what I'm working on now

Avenger's Assemble (may be working on forever) - close on everything except sketches...have 3 costume and 3 autos to go as well as insert E-55 I think.
Fleer Retro (ditto) - Lots of stuff left on this.
Inkworks Buffy - Have a lot of the expensive autos already
Inkworks Angel - not far on this
Inkworks Firefly - Have half the autos
Inkworks Serenity - have half the autos

Will be doing the Rittenhouse Buffy set, and probably the Continuum set. May do the Star Trek Movies one too as I'm opening 6 cases, but we'll see.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Working on:

Vampire Diaries 1 - working on this hardcore, almost done.
Vampire Diaries 2 - will start working on it harder once S1 is done.
Game of Thrones - slowly working on this
True Blood - slowly working on this too
The Guild - need 1 more freaking card!!!! Never comes up on ebay! Need Vork in avatar costume. ARGH!
And as always still looking for some variants for Xena.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Just finished Walking Dead Season 2 master set

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Currently working on the following

Robots: Just the retail chase for that

Stargate Atlantis season 1: MASTERED :-)
Stargate Atlantis Season 2: Working on
Stargate Atlants season 3 - 4: MASTERED :-)
Stargate Heroes: Six case card needed
Stargate Universe 1: 6 case Sketches
Stargate Universe 2: RDA Auto's

Feels good when you make a master set :-)
HELL YEAH!!!!!!

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
It depends. If ultra rare cards (sketches and 1/1s) don't count, then we are working on a Grimm master set. We don't pursue those types of things because it can drain the fun out of it, unless you are extremely lucky, which we aren't when it comes to cards.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of PEZman
posted Hide Post
Just wondering, what consitutes a Master Set?

Posts: 7 | Location: Leominster, MA | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PEZman:
Just wondering, what consitutes a Master Set?

The definition changes depending upon which collector you are asking. Big Grin

To me it is enough to get every base card, every insert, every premium hit of autograph or relic, every incentive, one sketch of any artist, if there are sketches, and one printing plate, if there are printing plates. But that is not a true master set.

You could also include every promo, every parallel card if there are parallel versions, every variant card if any exist, and one sketch from every artist.

Some recent premium sets are so overloaded with short printed cards, rare autographs, limited artists and layered versions that it is impossible to make a true master.

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I finally completed a master set of Ghost Whisperer Seasons 3 & 4 with the autograph of Jennifer Love Hewitt, with all the variations and errors it covers two albums. Dance

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tomsche
posted Hide Post
I am going to `have a shot` at a sort of Master set for the upcoming Pacific Rim series, aiming for all the inserts and promos.

STUDS promos

Posts: 14 | Location: Antwerp | Registered: March 30, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Received a new Buffy card for my collection today- the A25 Charlie Weber as Ben from Buffy Season 5, which completes my season 5 autographs and inches me a small step closer to completing the entire Inkworks Buffy run.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
I am one card away from a full master set of the five seasons of Angel.

I guess I believed I had the card since I had the dual Darla/Dru, and had met the lovely Juliet Landau.

A10 - Juliet Landau as Drusilla - Angel s2

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Currently trying to put together

Harry Potter Contact by Panini

Harry Potter Welcome to Hogwarts by Panini.

Disney Princess by Topps

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's great about ANGEL.
At one point, years ago, I had the same ambition, but I gave up and never went back.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
That's great about ANGEL.
At one point, years ago, I had the same ambition, but I gave up and never went back.

I understand, I have lost interest in some sets as time went by. Charmed, only kept my S1 master set, and Ghost Whisperer.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post