Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Four, American Idol, Star Trek TNG Profiles,X-Men (movie), X-Men 2 (movie) ... I'm sure there are others, but I did finish Batman Begins Smile so I'm happy about that.

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
I certainly agree with an earlier comment. I would be, what I consider, alot closer on some more sets if it weren't for some *rare* or expensive cards...which is why Buffy Big Bads, for one, is on the back burner.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by angelchick182:
I certainly agree with an earlier comment. I would be, what I consider, alot closer on some more sets if it weren't for some *rare* or expensive cards...which is why Buffy Big Bads, for one, is on the back burner.

Let me guess; your Big Bads problem is called "PW2".

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still working on all 3 Alias (and 4 is coming) and the Bond series (with another coming). Ugh... what am I thinking? Alias $600 PW3 and $300 A1 & A8. and what seems like 1000 assorted James Bond sets.

Although, I stumbled into a *really* good deal recently on some high Book Value autos from series I'm not collecting, so I'm hoping to trade at Philly to fill one or two of those gaping holes.

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
Creator's Universe (which i'll probably never finish), Deathwatch 2000 (just need 2 promos and a 4 card panel) and a few others

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Collectress:
quote:
Originally posted by angelchick182:

Let me guess; your Big Bads problem is called "PW2".

I think that's everyones problem, lol.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheJazzer:
...and what seems like 1000 assorted James Bond sets.

I know that feeling.

Its heartbreaking to think the only thing standing in the way of a Golgeneye master set is the binder. £££ Eek £££

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Almost there but for the expensive one card :
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
Hellboy

Close but for a few non-cheap cards :
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkhaban

Nearly there
Looney Tunes Back In Action

Nowhere near because of all those auto cards
Stargate 6 + 7 with Atlantis soon in the same boat

He's ancient and forever.
He burns at the centre of Time and he can see the turn of the Universe.
And...
He's WONDERFUL.

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Its heartbreaking to think the only thing standing in the way of a Goldeneye master set is the binder. £££ Eek £££

I've got the binder. Bouncey

Infact i've got everything except the numbered promo.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAT
posted Hide Post
I am working on 2 at the moment first one is Star Wars Galaxy, I only need the Blue Auto Redemption card from series 1 to complete my all series master set including promos.

The second is Star Wars Revenge of the Sith I just need any sketch card from the following to complete my hobby/retail master set.
Jeff Carlisle
Justin Chung
Chris Elipoulos
Monte Moore
Kilian Plunkett
Juan Carlos Ramos
Cat Staggs (on way soon)

Any offers of help would be great. Wavey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TAT,

Posts: 192 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Its heartbreaking to think the only thing standing in the way of a Goldeneye master set is the binder. £££ Eek £££

Just picked up the numbered promo for $20 last week. Missing most of the Inkworks binders, though. Keep thinking there have to be some lying around someone's attic for $5 if I can just find them!

Wink

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Yervi
posted Hide Post
Working on a couple master sets.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Need Depp auto, Golden Ticket, and Grass Cards.

X Men 2 Movie - Bryan Singer auto

Batman Begins - Need Chest piece, katie holmes, gary oldman, and neeson..... im a long way away.

Posts: 57 | Location: USA | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheJazzer:

Just picked up the numbered promo for $20 last week.
Wink

Well go and find me one. Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
I'm the closest I've ever been to completing a master set now. I need one card for a MOS set. And guess which one it is? The Trio auto card Roll Eyes lol

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nemesis113
posted Hide Post
Right now trying to complete all three seasons from Alias. Only need one more card to complete season one. (Anyone have a spare PW3 card Wink)

Posts: 32 | Location: Palm Harbor, Florida | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
Blimey... I'm still working on the same sets I was in March... I shudder to think how many of the cards I need have passed me by in that time...

No matter, back to the grindstone we go... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Just out of curiosity, how much did that set you back?
Someone tells me a reasonable price would be £175 (not as rare as a mint Charmed season 1 apparently), but I have only see them for between £250-£350.

Oh except for the one I saw on ebay either early this year,or last which sold with a BIN £800 Eek Eek Eek

And to pour salt in that wound the seller had about 4 and the week after the £800 bargain he managed to offload he but two up at the £400 mark!

Here are the possible faces that buyer must have pulled:
Eek Mad Shake Head

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Just out of curiosity, how much did that set you back?
Someone tells me a reasonable price would be £175 (not as rare as a mint Charmed season 1 apparently), but I have only see them for between £250-£350.

I got mine many years ago as part of a large purchase. I got all the james bond cards and chase at a great price and the binders ( wait for it ) for FREE. Eek

There is no way you are going to buy one for £175. A good starting point would be double that and then up from there.

Only 200 of the Goldeneye binders were made and anyone who has one is unlikely to sell it.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I got mine many years ago as part of a large purchase. I got all the james bond cards and chase at a great price and the binders ( wait for it ) for FREE. Eek
[/QUOTE]

If there were an emoticon of a face having a heart attack it would be right here.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

If there were an emoticon of a face having a heart attack it would be right here.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post