Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I am finally almost finished my Firefly and Serenity sets, just down to the auto Redemption cards. Clap
They will be my first master sets when completed.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
hi everyone
It took me a while but i finally did it.I'm now the proud owner of all the LOST trading card series with every chase, insert, autograph, costume cards, etc.. you may think of
- LOST Season 1
- LOST Season 2
- LOST Season 3
- Lost Revelations
- LOST Seasons 1-5
- LOST Archives
- LOST Relics
I'm soo happy ! Smile

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
wow well done, i hope you don't suddenly decide you have gone off Lost. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
the hardest thing is that because the show is now over you may have a tendency to move to otther subjects of interest but for this i really wanted to go all the way.

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great job on the LOST sets would love to see all of those autos, pieceworks and costume/relic cards all together...do you have a link to a photobucket or something?

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking of trying for a master set of Vampire Diaries. But I have yet to pull any of autos of the major characters.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I am going to do Star Wars Galaxy 7.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
That is quite an accomplishment. Dance I have been working on my sets for what seems like forever. Some day I hope to finish.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
batmancity well done on your collection! That is what I am trying to do with all the inkworks Buffy sets.Gonna take a while methinks, specially the pretty pricey autos and pieceworks. I'm getting there though, just won a season 1 binder on ebay for £37 with 240 cards in it, didn't know what the cards where, but when I got it and looked through it amongst the season 1 2 and 3 base sets and some chase cards was a season 1 Joss Whedon autograph card! Could not believe it! Was not expecting any auto cards at all and certainly not that one!

Posts: 18 | Location: Wales,uk | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Well done Buffyslay Clap Probably the best £37 you will spend on your Buffy cards, what amazing luck Thumb Up

I'm also slowly trying to collect all of the Buffy sets. Still have a lot of the Autos to go, but ticked 1 off my list the other day, A53 Nathan Fillion's auto. I don't see them come up very often at a price I'm willing to pay, so was very happy to pick that one up Smile

Also working on a Master set of the Vampire Diaries, only need 7 Autos, only one of them being one of the major characters. 12 costume cards to go, that's including the variants.

Still only need the redemption cards for my Serenity and Firefly sets, then I will have my masters for them too.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Juelle LouSmile Yeah I was pretty astounded to say the least when I saw it, reckon either the seller didn't realise what it was, or didn't remember putting it with the other cards when he originally got it and forgot to remove it. Great bargain though, especially as there is a season 1 binder on ebay for £140 just for the binder aloneEek. I am leaving the pieceworks and autos to last as most of them are quite expensive (autos especially, but I reckon I could eventually get them if I'm patient, exept perhaps the stake card. Sadly that one is way out of my leagueShake Head.

Posts: 18 | Location: Wales,uk | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, you are doing very well so far. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Wave Just need another 4 to get a complete set of binders, but I'm all out of money until mid march/april. Will start looking again thenSmile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Well you're off to a cracking start with the Whedon A1 auto that's for sure Thumb Up
I have yet to get one, I do have the S7 Whedon auto, but that doesn't count to me. Smile

Yes the Stake card is a difficult one for sure, I finally got one at the end of last year myself.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
Great job on the LOST sets would love to see all of those autos, pieceworks and costume/relic cards all together...do you have a link to a photobucket or something?

I'll try to set this up very quickly to show you all this !

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up 2 master sets recently...Charmed Season 1, and Charmed: The Power of Three.

Will be doing The Guild. After my case break, I need 10 or 11 autos (still not sure if there are 24 or 25 autos in this set), and the promo card.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just picked up Ci1 for Ghost Whisperer Season 3 & 4, I just need two autograph cards now to complete not just a master set, but all Ghost Whisperer sets: Inworks (the few that were released) Breygent GW season 1&2 and GW season 3&4. It has been a long road.

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Do you guys count the redemption cards for the autos as necessary to a master set?

All I need for my Firefly and Serenity sets are the redemptions.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Do you guys count the redemption cards for the autos as necessary to a master set?

I would say no...I have three that came with the Charmed Season 1 set, but I'm not actively looking for the other 3.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

As far as I'm concerned, i've included the redemption cards in all of my LOST master sets. the only thing i've left is the mini-press uncut sheet. I don't like uncut sheet at all because I don't feel it is a trading card. All this to say that the master set definition is pretty wide open between collectors.