Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Major congrats on your first master set, and good luck on your next target! It's such a good feeling when you slide that last needed card in with the collection. Smile Clap

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just need one or both dealer incentive cards for Lost Revelations, S2, and S3 (and the auto prop card). Also working on Iron Man, Women of Marvel, Marvel Masterpieces, and a few different SW sets (not bothering with sketches).

Posts: 233 | Location: Mebane, NC | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've just completed a Master set of Battlestar Galactica season 3 including the F10 reward card. Dance

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Stephen.

Nice one! Thumb Up

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just need two cards a Martineck sketch card and Katie Sackhoff's autograph to complete the Premier Edition and Mary McDonnell's auto for season 1 to have a master master set of all Rittenhouse's Battlestar Galactica sets

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kingraider32
posted Hide Post
I need one 2004 Benchwamer SP auto to fisnih my master auto set.

Posts: 295 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
With the arrival of the Artifex Expansion set I purchased off eBay I've just completed my Farscape Season 4 master set.

I've got finished master sets for Seasons 1 and 2 and only need a bunch of sketch cards for Season 3. I say "only" because I'm not really much of a sketch collector and several of the sketches are fairly pricey so I figure I'll pick those up if I ever come across any I need at a price I can afford. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with that set.

I only need about a half dozen cards to finish my Farscape in Motion set and I've been working on my "Through the Wormhole" set recently as well and almost have that finished.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Well, I've made some good progress during the last several months: about 3 or 4 sets being 7-8 cards or less from completing, 2 sets that need 2 cards each, and 2 sets that need 1 card each to be complete.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just pulled the redemption card for the Charmed Forever PW7 variant. I sent it in & got the card, but have no idea what it's worth. Can anybody help me. I was trying to reply to Charmedmad.

Posts: 11 | Location: St. Petersburg, Florida | Registered: March 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of anjee
posted Hide Post
i just bought the trio and danny strong autos for buffy mos so when the arrive i will have my very first master set!!! Clap

i am also very close to a tank girl master and i am semi-close to some other buffy sets.

Posts: 310 | Location: madison,wi | Registered: January 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Thanks to the Philly show I am now missing 10 autos from the entire Angel series- I got a Professor Seidel auto for $5. Smile

Now I need: Drusilla, Lilah, Gavin, Sahjhan, The Groosalugg, The Beast, Manny, Garrett, The Prince of Lies, and Trish Burkle.

Dru and Lilah are next on my list of "to gets"

Smile

Val

Got one more for my Angel collection in the mail yesterday- A44. Jennifer Griffin as Trish Burkle- this knocks my Angel needs down to 9 cards- I still don't know what will be next, but I am soooo close. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Now's the time to obsessively watch ebay...I just saw a Drusilla end for $60 last week. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I just got the #9 Peel and Reveal - Ark to complete my insert retail set from Indiana Jones - Crystal Skull so I just need the Lucas and Spielberg auto cards to complete a (master set).

Also need from Star Wars 30th - Ford auto

And Spielberg, Lucas and Ford again for Indiana Jones Heritage.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
I just got the #9 Peel and Reveal - Ark to complete my insert retail set from Indiana Jones - Crystal Skull so I just need the Lucas and Spielberg auto cards to complete a (master set).

Also need from Star Wars 30th - Ford auto

And Spielberg, Lucas and Ford again for Indiana Jones Heritage.

Is that it? Should be a breeze.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Seems like its been a long time since I completed one, but here's my latest:

Incredible Hulk Movie - 2008 Rittenhouse

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I only need 4 autos to complete all the autos in all Farscape sets. Let's see what Memorabilia turns up Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of secondsight
posted Hide Post
I am working on a master set for Women of Marvel ... just need around 10 sketch cards from the 10 artists that I don't have.

Posts: 18 | Location: Taxachusetts | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Hey Graham,
I also only need 4 Farscape auto's to complete my mastersets. I wonder if we need the same ones Wink

I need:
A1
A34
DA1
DA2

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Only need the Tommy Lee Jones MIBII autocard to complete my masterset. There are plenty of those floating around so... Twak

The Lara Flynn Boyle (regular signed A3) also cost me a bundle.

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Most releases that come out these days I end up chasing Master Sets as the rarity of some cards (including multi-dealer incentives) make it VERY difficult to even aim for a Master Set.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post