Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I am excited- can't wait til Dee's show next month to see which autos I will get to fill in my Angel set even more.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
I am working on Buffy Seasons 4 & 5 at the moment.

I am missing A20 (Mercedes McNab) & A21 (Marc Blucas) for Season 4, and A24 (Kelly Donovan) for Season 5.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
Hi I wonder if any of you guys can help me I am after the base, chase and binder for the apprentice? I already have the autos and tie cards.

Just to let you know, the binder was never produced (although it was solicited).

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
Hi I wonder if any of you guys can help me I am after the base, chase and binder for the apprentice? I already have the autos and tie cards.

Just to let you know, the binder was never produced (although it was solicited).

-Bob-

Thanks, I shall stop looking for the binder just the base and the chase to go.

Posts: 14 | Location: Somerset | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Still trying to finish On Her Majesty's Secret Service, just 7 more cards and I'm done. Bouncey

And I'm waiting for a recent eBay win to arrive and then I can call a certain Bond set done and dusted (something I've been trying to do for about 7 years but I've never seen this particular item for sale) - but I won't jinx it until the item turns up on my doorstep!

Well went to a sorting branch to pick up the item, it was terribly packaged (ie. just a bubble envelope) and for the 30 minute walk home I was sure I once opened I would be having to ask the seller for a refund. That said, I tore it open and alas it was absolutely fine!

After years of waiting I finally got my grubby mits on the "Teri Hatcher Exposed" uncut sheet from Inkworks' Tomorrow Never Dies card set. This one is numbered 279/500, however this version is one from half of the print run that was sold to Dynamic Forces who mounted them and had them signed by artist Joe Jusko (this one being edition 68/250).

So looks like the thick cardboard mount saved the day! However the mount had split at the bottom edge and sides. This might ordinarily bother me but I was not really interested about keeping it in a mount Inkworks did not issue the sheet in. Also it is not possible to see what individual number Inworks gave the sheet because this is hidden by the blue mount. So I had something of a DIY conservation job ahead of me! Big Grin

The sheet was only held in place within the mount by some gum tape at the top edge so I had to hold the top part of the mount back without bending the sheet, then with a scalpel cut the tape from the back part of the mount.
Afterwich the sheet is free from its cardboard prison albeit with a massive piece of heavy duty (very sticky) gum tape attached to the rear of the card sheet (running the length of the top edge and covering about 2 cm in width). I was worried the tape would take the card off with it but it went surprisingly well, there are now afew 'scuffs' where the tape has pulled at the extreme edge but these faults are miniscule (about a millimetre), hardly visible, and present only on the reverse, still what I would call an excellent/near-mint example of one of these sheets. Not bad if I do say so myself. Big Grin

And so the first ever trading card set I collected: Tomorrow Never Dies, is officially done! Clap It only took like 7 years! Roll Eyes Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
I'm concentrating on completing a master set of all my mini-master sets (Buffy, Angel, Supernatural, Firefly, Veronica Mars), if such a thing is possible. I'm missing a few cards from some Buffy releases and I'm going to aim at finishing them before the year is through.

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Right now I'm working on Robots the Movie, X-Files Connections, Battlestar Galactica Premiere, Complete Lost in Space, And Battlestar Galactica Colonial Warriors. They're a couple years old, but I need to finish some things out before I take on any more sets! Big Grin

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm almost done with my Firefly set I picked up the Adam Baldwin and Gina Torres autos at Comic-Con. I picked up 2 very sweet cards for my Wife's Harry Potter collection. I got her the Whomping Willow and the Harry's Wand card numbered 16/28 and both are 25 case incentive cards. She may not be able to make masters out of these sets but I made her a very happy lady with those cards and thats what matters.I only need the Jared Padalecki case incentive costume card to finish my Supernatural season 1 also. I also picked up a Roger Moore 6 case incentive auto for my Bond Collection which has a long way to go but that is a key card and I'm patient.
Good Luck Everyone.
Take Care
Rich

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
well i have just completed my charmed forever collection by getting the pw7 variant piecework

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently completed the x-files movie autographs set... Im working the planet of the apes full master set (including costume), all I need is 2 autograph cards ... i would love a full set of batman and robin (i only have 1) but this is out of my league!

Posts: 52 | Location: Australia | Registered: July 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh man..... Working on too many sets Frown
I think out of all my sets I have about 7 master sets Smile
Got to try harder Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Congrats to everyone who's completed their master sets... Clap someday I will be able to join your ranks. Wink

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am working on two sets.

Complete James Bond - Need only the RC8 Parahawk Parachute Prop Card

&

Battlestar Galactica (new) - I am not working on so much of a master set, but I am trying to get an autograph from pretty much every big cast member. I still have quite a few to get.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Talk about dedicated - all you guys rock Metal

I could never be that diligent or keep myself focused enough to have a master set.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
I'm almost finished with my Supernatural master set.

I'm missing A1, PW-1A, PW2-A, PW7, PW8 and PW12. Luckily the latter 2 aren't too hard to come by, and I may of secured a PW7 and both autographed pieceworks for a good price. Fingers crossed on those because when this set first came I thought it'd cost around £300 tops to finish it, boy was I wrong, lol.

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats to everyone.
I'm pretty close to finish my Lost Season 1 Set, I just need A5 & A6.

Little thought: It's my idea of a master set. Base + chase cards and the autographs. I don't chase the piecework cards.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Still trying to finish On Her Majesty's Secret Service, just 7 more cards and I'm done. Bouncey

And I'm waiting for a recent eBay win to arrive and then I can call a certain Bond set done and dusted (something I've been trying to do for about 7 years but I've never seen this particular item for sale) - but I won't jinx it until the item turns up on my doorstep!

Well went to a sorting branch to pick up the item, it was terribly packaged (ie. just a bubble envelope) and for the 30 minute walk home I was sure I once opened I would be having to ask the seller for a refund. That said, I tore it open and alas it was absolutely fine!

After years of waiting I finally got my grubby mits on the "Teri Hatcher Exposed" uncut sheet from Inkworks' Tomorrow Never Dies card set. This one is numbered 279/500, however this version is one from half of the print run that was sold to Dynamic Forces who mounted them and had them signed by artist Joe Jusko (this one being edition 68/250).

So looks like the thick cardboard mount saved the day! However the mount had split at the bottom edge and sides. This might ordinarily bother me but I was not really interested about keeping it in a mount Inkworks did not issue the sheet in. Also it is not possible to see what individual number Inworks gave the sheet because this is hidden by the blue mount. So I had something of a DIY conservation job ahead of me! Big Grin

The sheet was only held in place within the mount by some gum tape at the top edge so I had to hold the top part of the mount back without bending the sheet, then with a scalpel cut the tape from the back part of the mount.
Afterwich the sheet is free from its cardboard prison albeit with a massive piece of heavy duty (very sticky) gum tape attached to the rear of the card sheet (running the length of the top edge and covering about 2 cm in width). I was worried the tape would take the card off with it but it went surprisingly well, there are now afew 'scuffs' where the tape has pulled at the extreme edge but these faults are miniscule (about a millimetre), hardly visible, and present only on the reverse, still what I would call an excellent/near-mint example of one of these sheets. Not bad if I do say so myself. Big Grin

And so the first ever trading card set I collected: Tomorrow Never Dies, is officially done! Clap It only took like 7 years! Roll Eyes Big Grin

Wow! Congrats!! Clap If I did that by the time I finished I'd be in my 50's.... Eek

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
I am one card away from a Buffy Season 7 master set - woohoo! I just need one of the Final Battle Parallel cards Dance

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just need one card for my supernatural season one master set - just the pw6 so fingers crossed i can pick that up soon.

also if i don't count the variants i just need the ff3 card (and the stake prop- hardy ha ha ha) to complete my buffy 10th.

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
hi
finally i'm about to receive the remaining cards to have a master set for Lost Season 2 : the internet promo card and the 2 incentive cards (not cheap but I had to have them)
So now, I'm proud to say that I have a master set for both seasons !!!! Big Grin

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post