Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by batmancity:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Do you guys count the redemption cards for the autos as necessary to a master set?

All I need for my Firefly and Serenity sets are the redemptions.

As far as I'm concerned, i've included the redemption cards in all of my LOST master sets. the only thing i've left is the mini-press uncut sheet. I don't like uncut sheet at all because I don't feel it is a trading card. All this to say that the master set definition is pretty wide open between collectors.

I agree with this. I always include redemption cards when building up a master set. I'm of the 'every card ever made or it's not a master set' school of thought. Which can be infuriating if there's impossible 1/1 then it's a case of 'as close to a master set'.

I don't like uncut mini press sheet but if they're made then I have to get hold of them eventually. I'm working on Charmed master sets and so far only have 1 of 6 uncut sheets. I've also seen uncut base sets too! This is annoying because it's something else I know is out there and can be added to my set but I wouldn't know how to safely store such an item. Confused

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
if you consider redemption cards as part of the master set then you should be getting both a punched and unpunched version

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
if you consider redemption cards as part of the master set then you should be getting both a punched and unpunched version

that's funny because for my part I just need to get the redemption card punched or unpunched as long as I have it.

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Well, I was of the mind before hand that my Firefly and Serenity sets weren't complete without the redemptions, and after what most of you have said I still feel the same way.

And I agree with TCOO, every card made for the release makes it a master set, not just pack inserted. Because I feel you have to add those promos that came with magazines, toys etc.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I count redemption cards too- I am actually still looking for the Eliza Dushku redemption card(punched) to finally complete my Angel autograph set(which is complete minus the redemption)

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
I count redemption cards too- I am actually still looking for the Eliza Dushku redemption card(punched) to finally complete my Angel autograph set(which is complete minus the redemption)

Val

Val,

Do you need both versions of her auto card?

The redeemed versions from Inkworks were embossed with the Inkworks seal. The spares that came out in Razor products don't have the embossing. I had a customer that wanted both autos, a punched redemption and an unpunched redemption. Took forever to find all 4 cards at a fair price.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Ed,

I only have the embossed version of the A24 Dushku, but I got it minus the redemption card at a card show a while back. I don't necessarily need the unembossed one for my collection, but I could see why someone would want both.
As far as the redemption card, I oddly prefer the hole-punched ones as opposed to the intact ones, but I can imagine how hard it was to track all four down since the Dushku is usually one of the most sought after autos in any set she appears in.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just won a Battlestar Galactica Premiere Edition Katie Sackhoff autograph card which finally completes that master set. Elephant Bouncey

Just one card now remains for a Grand Master Set of all 7 of Rittenhouse's Battlestar Galactica collections and that is the 1st season Mary McDonnell autograph.

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Well done Stephen! Katie and Tricia are the tricky ones.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Won it for £39.49 or $62.61. There is another Sackhoff on the bay for £75 which I'd have bought if I hadn't won this auction. I missed a Mary McDonnell season 1 autograph a few weeks ago.

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:

Val

Thanks to barobehere, I have now crossed off this card from my want list and my Angel autographs set(with redemptions) is complete.

Thanks again!

Val

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I have just finished my 1994 Marvel Masterpieces master set. Took a while to track down the last bronze holofoils at a fair price. Actually the holofoils found me. A member on another forum contacted me saying he found a box of old 90's non-sport that he bought new and that he had 26 of the bronze. I was skeptical since they are hard to come by but he said he bought them at Walmart.

So if anyone else wants some bronze holofoils let me know and I will see if I can get him to join over here.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Need a retail sketch card for Star Wars Galaxy 7, sketch card from Walking Dead and regular/AP sketch cards and Memorabilia AT-05 from Avengers Assemble to complete master sets.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I finished my 2009 SI master set.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finished Vampire Diaries today...there are still a couple of costume variants I'd like to pick up, but I have at least one of each plus all the other cards including the ridiculously expensive P5.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I finally obtained both Preview sets and a promo card for the Cards Inc Captain Scarlet set meaning I have a master set which is long overdue.

I even have a few different sketch cards which I shall show you now Smile

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I purchased a LOST Seasons 1 through 5 master set, and I'm working on Archives, Relics, Inkworks Season 1, Inkworks Season 2, Inkworks Season 3, and Inkworks Revelations.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
I purchased a LOST Seasons 1 through 5 master set, and I'm working on Archives, Relics, Inkworks Season 1, Inkworks Season 2, Inkworks Season 3, and Inkworks Revelations.

Good luck I have been working on those too.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
quote:

Good luck I have been working on those too.

Thanks...I bought a LOST Archives Archive box so that takes care of most of that one.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Finished SW Galaxy 7. 2 more to go Razz

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post