Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I'm still working on my Witchblade tv series master set. I know it's not as elaborate as what others are doing but it's coming along nicely considering I've started from scratch.

I found a great dealer who was able to get me the uncut sheet for it. I also have the 18 card preview set and most other cards/the box/the wrapper. Now, just the binder and a couple of subset cards along with the Yancy Butler auto- I'm done!!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Finally picked up the last three cards for my Buffy: The Story Continues master set.

Also got the Dru auto from the second season of Angel (well paid for, not in hand yet) so that makes it one more card to go for that one as well.

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Buffy pick up.

I've just made a deal for the last four cards I needed for the Irwin Allen Fantasy Worlds master set.

my swaps list is at: http://videodrome.org/cards

Posts: 96 | Location: Melbourne | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
congrats, QBAll and spiggot Smile

Finally got my Yancy auto... BUT I forgot about A5- Eric Etebari's card. Twak

My mind these days....

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Woo-hoo! My Darla/Dru dual is all paid off and in my collection!

I officially need 11 autos to finish the Angel sets now. Smile

Drusilla
Lilah
Gavin
The Groosalugg
Sahjhan
The Beast
Professor Seidel
Manny
Garrett
Prince of Lies
Trish Burkle

I still wonder which will be the last piece of my Angel auto collection....

Big Grin

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just completed Battlestar Galactica Season 2 with the purchase of Tricia Helfer's auto for $53.76/£26.71 Dance

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Well done Stephen! Clap

Not a bad price either, congratulations.

Time to start saving for season 3 Big Grin

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Only thing I've worked on recently is the Fantasy Worlds of Irwin Allen set. I picked up 3 of the 4 Gallery cards but still need a few of the Behind-the-Scenes cards and some other misc. inserts. Also the case topper Robot "Stars" card. I'm taking it slowly. I'll get there eventually.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the Irwin Aleen set. I just compleated mine.
Nice autos, nice cards and available at a good price these days.

It has been a slow week and I've just started getting my teaching salary come is so I have gone mad and picked up some X-men, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter autos from That auctions site.

Though I keep telling myself that it is just the actors that I like, I know that this will probably lead to other chases from these sets and then the quest for another master set....

Posts: 96 | Location: Melbourne | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
I've just bought the last card I need to complete my master set of James Bond : Dangerous Liaisons.

It started with a choice of a box nearly two years ago. That box (the first trading card box I ever bought) had a Denise Richards auto in. At the time, I didn't realise what a great pull that was.

I managed to get the Famke auto at Comic-Con last year and the Roger Moore auto at a decent price and got my last Art & Images card today. I'm just waiting on one final card to be delivered, but that's it! Smile

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
WOW! Congrats on the Master set Thushan, that's not an easy set to complete. Thumb Up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I was a Famke Janssen auto away from a master set for Dangerous Liaisons myself but that was before I broke up my auto collection. Congrats for sticking with it Thush and I'm glad my old Maud Adams (Anders) full bleed found a good home in your soon-to-be master set!

What is the last card you are waiting for if you don't ming me asking?
Also have you got the wrapper rewards card in your master?

What Bond master set is next...???

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Boldygone and X!

Yes. I've got the BG46 rewards card. I'm just waiting for another Art & Images card to be delivered (#9). Hopefully should arrive this week.

Didn't realise I'd bought my Maud from a fellow Card Talker. Smile

I'm only close to two more master sets. One is BSG S2 and the other is Hellboy Animated. I'm going for a sketch from each artist of Hellboy himself. That will take some time as there aren't that many sketches on the market.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats to you, it must have been a long search but what a relief after all.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
Well done Stephen! Clap

Not a bad price either, congratulations.

Time to start saving for season 3 Big Grin

I know, I've just seen the list of autograph signers wow what a wish list, just Dean Stockwell missing hope they get him for season 4. My Doctor Who: Battles in Time will have to wait!

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this week has been a very expensive one.
I picked up more Bond cards, including the Christopher Lee auto from the 40th set,
but my big one was the final card that I needed for the second strictly ink series of Doctor Who cards - Anthony Ainsley.
Master set complete (well there is a redemption card out there) !!!

I have a case of Indiana Jones on its way soon.
Is this one set that can only ever have one Master set due to the two 1/1 cards, or do most collectors simply not count them?

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spiggot:

I have a case of Indiana Jones on its way soon.
Is this one set that can only ever have one Master set due to the two 1/1 cards, or do most collectors simply not count them?

I know that I discount them.

Congrats on the Doctor Who master set!

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Just completed my first master set Smile - Sopranos Season 1. Meadow auto received in the post today Smile

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Potato Head:
Just completed my first master set Smile - Sopranos Season 1. Meadow auto received in the post today Smile

Congratulations! That's a set I'm working on as well (though not currently). The only autograph I'm missing is the actress that played Artie's wife (I'm blanking on her name right now). I've also got a smattering of random inserts I need but nothing huge.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post