Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Geerts:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
now I'm working on Sci-Fi Horror Movie Posters Series 2 QUOTE]

Hey Miss Lizzy, what do you need from this set, I have some spares...

Greg

Email sent!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
Hi
I've just finished the master set for LOST seasons 1-5, that makes me now the proud owner of the following master sets !!!
- LOST Season 1
- LOST Season 2
- LOST Season 3
- LOST Revelations
- LOST Season 1-5
I just need some major cards for the LOST Archives series and I think I'll be good :-)

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Very impressive. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by batmancity:
I've just finished the master set for LOST seasons 1-5, that makes me now the proud owner of the following master sets !!!
- LOST Season 1
- LOST Season 2
- LOST Season 3
- LOST Revelations
- LOST Season 1-5
I just need some major cards for the LOST Archives series and I think I'll be good :-)

Congrats! I am very impressed. Those were tought to put together.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Nicely done. Metal

All 5 of my LOST sets need 3-4 cards to be finished.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I have almost finished my Firefly and Serenity Master Sets.
Only a couple of promos for Serenity and the uncut sheet and 1 auto for Firefly.
They'll be my first master sets Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally finished the Roswell set when I got the A6 autograph today in the post Dance .

I started putting the set together at least 8 years ago and then stopped when I just needed A2 and A6 but could not find them at shows(this was before I got into Ebay).Found the album with them in 6 months ago and decided to try again.

Strange how things change.I bet when the set was released you could have got long odds that the toughest/most expensive auto would be the Julie Benz.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Just finished Rise of the Bounthy Hunters and Star Trek The Complete Movies master sets.

Now I am starting Star Wars Gaxy 6 and Thor masters set.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all who are finishing the sets off, allways good to hear. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
i have finshed serenity and all 4 inkworks lost autograph master sets I am 3 cards away from an alias auto master. I finished my hellboy animated Sketch master set. I am 2 cards away from the warehouse 13 auto master and 1 card away from the sgu season 1 auto master

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
I am one card away (#2) from finishing the Star Wars Finest Refractor set then I'll consider the set mastered.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I recently completed two autograph sets

Alias Seasons 1 through 4

Veronica Mars Seasons 1 and 2

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HPCollector2011
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DavidBird42:
Any idea where I can get Harry Potter singles? Got a few to get to finish a set. thanks

Which set, which movie? I have several duplicates of the base sets and some chase and BT cards for the Artbox set. Also, some duplicates of the PoA Cards, Inc. set.

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm working on the DH 1 Master Set.

I have all but the following:
P4 - Harry's Rucksack
P6 - Wands from Gregorovitch's Shop
P12 - Clothes Pegs from the Tent

Case Toppers 1, 2, 3

Card Album Binder

Case Incentives - Ci4 Bronze, Gold, Silver coins

SDCC exclusive Promo Cards 01 and 02.

If I ever hit the Lottery, then I'll be able to finish the complete Master Set. At the cost of the Ci4 cards, I don't see me having any one of them, much less all three. Same with the P6 and P12 Prop cards. I might get the others one at a time...if I give up eating three times a day. LOL.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HPCollector2011,

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I don't waste my money on Master sets. A base set and a few extras are all I desire. Leaves money for other cards and hobbies. Food, Gas, Insurance, mortgages...

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Robots Master set, need the retail foil cards and the Holiday Promo card.......
I have too many sets to try and finish.....
Man it's gonna be a long haul, but when you finish some chase sets and plug in some holes, it's worth it Smile Smile Smile
Hell yeah it is and you know it too Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I have been reading the posts on master sets for a while now and I am thinking that many of you make alot of sense. After 35 years of collecting, I wonder if the whole idea of being a completist is overrated. I just finished my Dexter Season 3 master set. It took a while, but I was able to get one of every card including incentives, costumes, chase, the SDCC autos, costumes and metallogloss cards and 1 sketch from each artist. I was also lucky enough to find all 7 different SDCC ID tag props. Only 2 of each were made.
When I think of how much time I invested as well as the money I spent, I am beginning to rethink the way I collect. This will be the last master set I work on. I am just going to focus on the base set and the regular chase from now on. Trying to find cards that only exist in small numbers is hard enough, but as a completist, trying to find, then make a deal for a 1 of 1 card is not fun anymore. I am not trying to sound negative, but I think my money is better spent if I go back to the old way of collecting. I think I just might enjoy it more.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm working on the Ghost Whisperer sets at the moment and just need The Jennifer Love Hewitt autograph for Season 1 & 2. I'm still a long way from completion on season 3 & 4 although I have all the SDCC cards and prop cards. It is just autographs and costume cards including the case incentive card to go. I have quite a few variants and errors including errors for C19 and C20.

So many cards, so little money!

Posts: 643 | Location: Cornwall, England | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can see what you all are saying about the master sets. I've had a lot of help with my DH 1 set because of gifts and having the time and *coughs* money to do it. Like I said, there are cards that, unless I hit the Power Ball or something, I'll never see. So, I'm just kind of looking at all of my sets as "works in progress." My real goal is to have the base, chase, box toppers from each set and at least one autograph card, one costume card, one film cell card, one prop card, and the "general release" promo cards from each set. There are certain cards I want just because of what they are or the autograph (Maggie Smith and David Tennant, to mention two I was able to get). But, I'm trying to keep an attitude, "if it happens it happens" with the rest.

By the way. As you can see I'm really new here and I'd like to say how much help people here have been and how nice everyone seems. Thank you.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:
I am one card away (#2) from finishing the Star Wars Finest Refractor set then I'll consider the set mastered.

Ditto!! Just need #63 - alledgedly it is a very difficult card to get. I think they are right Shake Head

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post