Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
like the little man falling over. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
That "thud" emoticon is brilliant Redemption. Thumb Up

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Yea, I like that little guy too... Big Grin ... he should be the official emoticon for the Best Ebay Buy thread.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
I can think of a fair few times he would have come in useful in the past. Smile

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KAZ
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I'm working on Smallville's masters sets just a couple of Autos and Pieceworks and it's done !until the next releases...

Posts: 176 | Location: lyon, FRANCE | Registered: December 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Originally posted by X:

If there were an emoticon of a face having a heart attack it would be right here.

OMG OMG.... YOU KILLED HIM!!!!!
'Fraid he's dead Jim.

Back to topic - I am very close to completing my Star Trek: Insurrection Master set. Just need 2 autos ( A7 Michael Westmore - Makeup Designer & A11 Gregg Henry - Gallatin) and Gold card G1 Captain Picard.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Boldlygone,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
For people who just put the number of the autograph cards in their posts about auto cards they're looking for, you might do better putting the names of the people who signed the cards.
I have many duplicate autos but never remember their numbers. You know the number because you're looking for it but people who HAVE the cards may not - especially for old sets.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Suggestion duly noted sir, run up the proverbial flagpole and saluted!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
The sets I'm working on most diligently at the moment are Buffy Wos(missing 2 autos and 2 promos) and the Disney Treasures sets (don't want to think about it). I'd be a lot closer to done if it weren't for my cursed OCD that makes me search out the best cell frames and neatest examples of autographs...*sigh*.

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Natalie:
The sets I'm working on most diligently at the moment are Buffy Wos(missing 2 autos and 2 promos) and the Disney Treasures sets (don't want to think about it). I'd be a lot closer to done if it weren't for my cursed OCD that makes me search out the best cell frames and neatest examples of autographs...*sigh*.

I'm somewhat the same way with the Reel Piece cards. Some I've bought online blindly and been pleasantly surprised (ie Pinocchio sitting on the shelf surrounded by the Blue Fairy's magic twinkle), while others have been very boring. My favourite - at least the most interesting - is the one I have for Bambi. It shows very clearly her fate. While grim, that is largely one of the reasons why the film is remembered.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Three...

Women of Sunnydale(only lack three autos, A6, A12, and A14. plus the uncut sheet)

Men of Sunnydale (missing A4, A11, the PW-2, the variant PW-5, the caseloader and the uncut sheet, though I have the A11, PW-5 and caseloader being held for me.)

Serenity (missing A3, A4, PW5, every promo but the SDCC and the P1, the caseloader, R1 and the action figure cards)

I am also working on a different kind of master set, a complete master run of every Angel auto, it's the first Whedon show to have had every opening credits actor sign for the sets....with Serenity being the second.

I am about halfway there with the Angel autos, I am still missing a few high-ticket items, particularly the Angel auto, Spike auto, and the Darla/Dru dual autos.

Smile
Val

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CordeliaChase_Fan,

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
First off...Welcome to the boards CordeliaChase_Fan!

I've made a bit of progress since my last post in this thread...my 3 closest sets:

Angel Season 5: 1 auto away
Buffy WoS: 1 auto away
Buffy MoS: 1 auto away, but pending...so this one may be a done deal

I think I may reach my goal of finishing 2 sets this year!

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
My Six Feet Under set is only missing the multi-case card; and the expansion set

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Just completed a Master set of Sopranos Thumb Up

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I'm one auto away from my Buffy Season 7 master set Big Grin Then, I'll be working on Season 6 and 5. Season 5 I only need three autos.
I had a master set of Resident Evil Chromium that took quite a while to complete. It was pre-NSU when i started it.
Does anyone remember (or heard of) a small trade website that Robert Kohlbus, had I think it was a message board of sorts? I got a partial base set from a user there and my trading began Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Always working on my Xena and Farscape, I don't think they will ever be done especially with my varient hunting LOL.

Concentrating on Serenity and the upcoming Lost right now.

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
I'm one auto away from my Buffy Season 7 master set Big Grin Then, I'll be working on Season 6 and 5. Season 5 I only need three autos.
I had a master set of Resident Evil Chromium that took quite a while to complete. It was pre-NSU when i started it.
Does anyone remember (or heard of) a small trade website that Robert Kohlbus, had I think it was a message board of sorts? I got a partial base set from a user there and my trading began Smile

I remember Robert's trading board.It seems like ages ago now.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venom5liter:
Just completed a Master set of Sopranos Thumb Up

Congrats on your Sopranos master Thumb Up

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
The only set I am trying to "master" is The Definitive Dawn set.
I need only one auto(A7) and a box-topper(T1) to finish.

At present it is too expensive for me to try for more master sets.So it depends on the inserts as to what I will go after.

Still no luck these past two months Frown

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Picture of Randy Giles
posted Hide Post
I have just completed my Angel season 1 master set, I already have a Spike and Serenity master set and I am one autograph for a Buffy season 5 master set! Smile

Posts: 200 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post