Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 007sergei:
Félicitation ami français !!

quote:
Originally posted by batmancity:
Hi
I've just bought a box of Lost Relics premium packs yesterday and now I am the proud owner of the following master sets !!!
- LOST Season 1
- LOST Season 2
- LOST Season 3
- LOST Revelations
- LOST Season 1-5
- LOST Relics
I just need some other cards for the LOST Archives series (auto's and dharma patch cards) and I'm almost there to the point where I'll have all LOST Matser sets ! So happy !

Merci beaucoup :-)

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Working on a Tudors master set. I am waiting for the Comic Con exclusives to add them and hopefully I will be finished.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
I'm currently working on LOST Seasons 1 thru 5. All I need is the Henry Ian Cusick auto, the Harold Perrineau 3-case incentive, and the A26 rewards card (need to send in those points! Twak).

Let me know if you have a trade list. I have an extra Cusick auto up for trade and would love to help you with your set!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
After trading for an Andrew Divoff autographed pieceworks card, I am now finished with my Lost Season 3 master set. I'm thinking of working on Lost Archives or Lost Relics next.

Also, with my box purchase of Stargate Universe, season 2 I'm one card away from a master set (Anderson SG1 variant). I got the SGU autograph version, and I'm not a big fan of the SG1 design, so I'm going to call that a master set as well Big Grin

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HPCollector2011
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HPCollector2011:
I'm working on the DH 1 Master Set.

I have all but the following:
P4 - Harry's Rucksack
P6 - Wands from Gregorovitch's Shop
P12 - Clothes Pegs from the Tent

Case Toppers 1, 2, 3

Card Album Binder

Case Incentives - Ci4 Bronze, Gold, Silver coins

SDCC exclusive Promo Cards 01 and 02.

If I ever hit the Lottery, then I'll be able to finish the complete Master Set. At the cost of the Ci4 cards, I don't see me having any one of them, much less all three. Same with the P6 and P12 Prop cards. I might get the others one at a time...if I give up eating three times a day. LOL.

I did get the Gregorovich Wands card, and for a heck of a price $39 and some change!! I hadn't seen that one listed very often, and the ones I did see were running over $100. Harry's Rucksack is still hovering around $125-$130 as is the Clothes Pegs card. No one's even offering any of the coin cards anymore.

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:
Hi
I've just bought a box of Lost Relics premium packs yesterday and now I am the proud owner of the following master sets !!!
- LOST Season 1
- LOST Season 2
- LOST Season 3
- LOST Revelations
- LOST Season 1-5
- LOST Relics
I just need some other cards for the LOST Archives series (auto's and dharma patch cards) and I'm almost there to the point where I'll have all LOST Matser sets ! So happy !

Congratulations!! That's a huge accomplishment. I have a good friend who collects the Lost series and he's still working on several of his sets. Great job!

Posts: 30 | Location: Maryland | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sittin9duck
posted Hide Post
Trying to complete the Spartacus set only need 2 base cards #9, #10 but I have been trying to get them since I got my packs. The base cards are much harder to get than the auto's.

Posts: 301 | Location: redcar,UK | Registered: January 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HPCollector2011:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Hi
- LOST Season 1
- LOST Season 2
- LOST Season 3
- LOST Revelations
- LOST Season 1-5
- LOST Relics

Congratulations!! That's a huge accomplishment. I have a good friend who collects the Lost series and he's still working on several of his sets. Great job!

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a long road trying to collect those cards. I had the chance to start collecting the Lost series as they were released season after seasons. If I were to start now, it would require much more money and some cards are now really hard to get

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Just finished Toy Story Fun Packs, Chronicles of Riddick and Die Another Day master sets.

Need to complete now Captain America, another one tough to complete :P

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm down to these for my Deathly Hallows I Set:

P4 - Harry's Rucksack
P12 - Clothes Pegs from the Tent

Case Toppers 1, 2, 3

Card Album Binder

Case Incentives - Ci4 Bronze, Gold, Silver coins

Has anyone seen a binder for this set? I haven't even seen them advertised.

Also, I understand that the 25-case incentive coin cards only had 88 of the silver and copper released, and, even worse, the gold coin cards were damaged in production and only 10 of them survived. Forget them!

Congratulations to everyone who has completed their goals and gotten their Master Sets together. That takes a lot of work and dedication. I'm only working on one. I can't imagine working on several different subjects. LOL. Continued good luck!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Just finished my inkworks Tomorrow Never Dies Master set.

I've had the base, chase, binder, promos, sell sheet, uncut promo panel etc. for years and by pure fluke managed to score the "Instant Winner" card a couple years back. That card was 1:36,000 packs(!) so you'd think that would be the hardest part but no... in my efforts to get the uncut mini-press sheet I first came across the version signed by Joe Jusko but now the bog-standard version has arrived (which I got for peanuts thanks to the inkworks liquidation). Its been a real bugger trying to get this sheet.

So 12 yeas later I can finally put the first set I ever collected to bed! Dance

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Just finished my inkworks Tomorrow Never Dies Master set.

I've had the base, chase, binder, promos, sell sheet, uncut promo panel etc. for years and by pure fluke managed to score the "Instant Winner" card a couple years back. That card was 1:36,000 packs(!) so you'd think that would be the hardest part but no... in my efforts to get the uncut mini-press sheet I first came across the version signed by Joe Jusko but now the bog-standard version has arrived (which I got for peanuts thanks to the inkworks liquidation). Its been a real bugger trying to get this sheet.

So 12 yeas later I can finally put the first set I ever collected to bed! Dance

That's a long time to wait, but, I'll bet its fun just to look through the set now and see that it's all there. Congratulations.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thanks HPCollector! Out of my whole collection Tomorrow Never Dies is my favourite set by far so yes, very pleased. Smile

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Always like to hear about other collectors reaching milestones.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:

also, since I am nearly done with the Angel series, I am beginning to want to do the same with Buffy. Smile

Val

I wrote this almost two years ago and I have definitely taken care of a good chunk of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer autographs since then. I am still missing a few big ones (Alyson Hannigan anyone?), but I am happy to be trudging along and filling in gaps where I need to. Smile If you take individual Buffy series, I am close to being finished on all of the seasons' autographs except season 1 which I have no cards from and season 4, of which I already have all the autographs. I think Buffy: Reflections is my next goal as I am now down to just needing two autos after getting the Eliza Dushku A2 in the mail today.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Just saw this thread.

Been trying to finish my run of Marvel Masterpieces master sets for quite some time now. finished with 1992, 1993, 2007, and both 2008. Since the sketch artist list is so large for 2007 and 2008 I don't consider getting one of each artist part of the master set, just enough to fill a 9 pocket page.

Need 4 bronze holofoils for 1994, 1 emotion, 1 holoblast and the mirage cards for 1995 and a whole lot of 1996.

Recently started on 1994 and 1995 Flair.

Also working on some modern sets:

DC Legacy - still need about half of the sketches.

completed Justice League. Sketch list wasn't very big so it was easy to get one from each artist.

Tried Marvel 70th but the artist list is too big. Have around 30 different artists. Need the clearly heroic inserts and case toppers and I will call that one finished.

Just started on Marvel Universe 2011. Have a master set of cards but no case toppers or sketches yet. Same thing with the sketches, too many artists to get one of each so I will fill a page and call it a day.

Thinking about doing the Walking Dead set as well. That will be my first non-comic set.

Love me some master sets!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ifish73,

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Awesome Ted! Congrats!

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I am slowly working on all 5 of the Rittenhouse Twilight Zone sets. Only 2 autos Shatner and Allen(yes you can argue that it was the incentive card for another set but the numbering places in squarely in the first series) Autos to finish Season I.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I am slowly working on all 5 of the Rittenhouse Twilight Zone sets. Only 2 autos Shatner and Allen(yes you can argue that it was the incentive card for another set but the numbering places in squarely in the first series) Autos to finish Season I.

Impressive!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post