Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMal:
I'm one step closer to completing my Supernatural Season 2 master set (even before its released). I've got 2 cases on the way with a dealer incentive card, so if I get all the cards I need in the cases I'm just missing one of the incentives and the P-UK promo.

I just recently acquired the information pack sent out to dealers, it's a customized envelope (with a picture of the set on the front) with a promo card, sell sheet, order form and information sheet. I'm counting this towards my "ultimate" master set!

I would absolutely love to see a picture if you can get one! I had to cancel my case order because my car died and I need a new one. I was pretty upset, but I'll just collect the set piece by piece like I did before. Smile Congrats though, you're well on your way to a master set!

~Ariana

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm one step closer to completing my Supernatural Season 2 master set (even before its released). I've got 2 cases on the way with a dealer incentive card, so if I get all the cards I need in the cases I'm just missing one of the incentives and the P-UK promo.

I just recently acquired the information pack sent out to dealers, it's a customized envelope (with a picture of the set on the front) with a promo card, sell sheet, order form and information sheet. I'm counting this towards my "ultimate" master set!

Being able to acquire the information pack is great, CaptainMal! Smile

I've seen Charmed ones but they are far and few between.

You'll have to post some pics Wink

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:
quote:
Originally posted by MarcG:
quote:
I do have to say that you all have inspired me to complete my first master set.

I decided to finish my Witchblade- tv series card set off as a master set.

Since I've been hooked on these and the other Witchblade cards, why not? Wink Big Grin

Good Luck hollypop!!! Thumb Up

Thanks! I already have the two pw's for the set and know where I can get a stitch variant, also. I have two autos and the redemption cards and the base set. Plus some of the chase cards. It shouldn't be too hard.

The boxes aren't that expensive and neither are the cards if I was to just buy them separately.

I think I have a good shot at this.

Val.. when you know about the promo cards, just let me know. No hurry because they aren't going anywhere lol. You can even e-mail me whenever you get the chance.

And your welcome - I'm always happy to help. Smile

If you want to check out my Witchblade variants you can see them here...

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/Redemptions/

...though I haven't updated my gallery in almost a year. I moved offices and don't have access to a scanner. Roll Eyes

Just checked it out, Redemption. Your collection of cards is outstanding!! I really like your stitch variants for the Witchblade cards and really appreciate you putting up your site.

It helps in knowing what to look for since I only have a vague idea of what a master set is - actually, everyone posting here as helped me.

I have the box, wrappers, sell sheet (on it's way due to a trade), base set, the pw's + redemption cards, only two autos with redemtion cards, boxtopper, special boxtopper.. so I figure that even though I'm not quite halfway there, it won't take me long.

I'm kind of depending on some trades, though, and of course, Ebay.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smile justs received my supernatural pw6 in the mail....and thats the master set done!!! Elephant Dance Elephant

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rachandcarl:
Smile justs received my supernatural pw6 in the mail....and thats the master set done!!! Elephant Dance Elephant

Way to go! Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rachandcarl:

A very awesome set to have a master of. Cool Wink Congrats!!!!!!!!!

~Ariana

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Well, as always I'm working on my everything Xena master set, but because of the Dangerous Laisions set I'm pretty darn far behind now. But that's ok. That's why we do it right?

I am going to start working on my everything Lost master set too.

After that I will be working on Jericho.

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks all! i am wrapped!!!!!.....now back to those pesky buffy, serenity and angel sets!! Wink

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I only need a Cynthia Cummens sketch and the binder to complete my Shrek the Third master set. Funny thing is, I didn't like the movie much. But the cards are lovely and that's what truly matters.

The only other set I'm really working on right now is Harry Potter OOP, but I'm not even close to a master set on that one...and most likely never will be!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Question about Supernatural variants: I found an auction selling the following card...

I was wondering if anybody else had a swatch like it, the version I have doesn't seem to be ribbed like this one. After reviewing some images from the episode it appears that it comes from the neck and possibly wrist parts.

Just curious as to how rare this could be, as I do like to have a couple of variants in my master set.

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
wow.. I've never seen that variant before.

Considering adding to your collection? Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I know my PW11 isn't ribbed, but my PWA2 is, and they came off the same costume. Dunno how rare it is, a section like that definitely would have been off a smaller part of the sweater. I've seen a couple other ribbed PW11's floating around eBay, but not many. Almost all the PWA2's I've seen are like that, though.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. I'll be looking to add it to my collection in the near future, just gives me that extra non-essential card to add once my master set is complete Thumb Up

Now I'm just missing the Jared auto, Meg & Shtriga piecework cards. I think I'm just going to go all out and buy them, it would be nice to have the set complete before Season 2.

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
quote:
CaptainMal
Bronze Card Talk Member

Posted September 25, 2007 06:21 PM Hide Post
Question about Supernatural variants: I found an auction selling the following card...

I was wondering if anybody else had a swatch like it, the version I have doesn't seem to be ribbed like this one. After reviewing some images from the episode it appears that it comes from the neck and possibly wrist parts.

Just curious as to how rare this could be, as I do like to have a couple of variants in my master set.

i used to have 2 of them ones matey and there from the color and the giant cuffs

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the responses. I'll be looking to add it to my collection in the near future, just gives me that extra non-essential card to add once my master set is complete Thumb Up

Now I'm just missing the Jared auto, Meg & Shtriga piecework cards. I think I'm just going to go all out and buy them, it would be nice to have the set complete before Season 2.

Thumbs up to ya, if you can do that. Smile

It really is nice to see other members get their master sets finished. I still have hopes for the one I've chosen however, it's not going to be easy at all.

I'm having trouble with the promos and with the uncut sheet. Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Got an Angel season 5 Dr. Sparrow auto card in the mail today, which adds another auto card to my goal of a complete Angel autograph collection.

Physically I still need 14 cards to finish the collection off, but I am in the process of paying off a Darla/Dru dual auto, which will leave me just 13 Angel autos to acquire. Big Grin

I am sooo close. Big Grin

Which will be the last auto to complete my set I wonder....Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I always thought that the dual auto for Dru/Darla was very cool... I feel lucky just to know someone who has it. lol

Still trying to find two promos for the Witchblade set. Leave it to me to pick an older set to choose as a master but I like the 'hunt' and it is a cool set to have.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
I always thought that the dual auto for Dru/Darla was very cool... I feel lucky just to know someone who has it. lol

Still trying to find two promos for the Witchblade set. Leave it to me to pick an older set to choose as a master but I like the 'hunt' and it is a cool set to have.

I don't know if you're aware of it, but the PUK is extreeeeeemly hard to get as most of the cards were lost or destroyed or some such.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate the info, Redemption Smile

I guess I just don't like to admit defeat lol