Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Are you working on any Master sets right now?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you working on any Master sets right now?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prophecygirl:
What are you working on at the moment?

Well, as of late, I've been plugging away at several sets without any real focus. I'm pretty close on Angel Season 2 & Buffy Season 7, so I'll try to finish one or the other(or possibly both) this year. At the moment, I'd say most of my purchases have been geared toward Supernatural and Lost Season 2 - whether I finish either this year is anyone's guess.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charmedmad:
lol neil cheers mate going get lloking and get a master set done

i could do another and complete my avp one but i am looking for lance's auto than the £45 thats on ebay

I have found an Akira binder on ebay, so ill see how it goes, comes with set and chase etc which i dont mind, i can trade them off.

If i win.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
cool well good luck neil

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
just completed my avp master set got lances auto for £27 including postage

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
missed out on my Akira Binder, went just a tad too high, so back to square one.

congrats on the lance henriksen

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
just completed my avp master set got lances auto for £27 including postage

Thats a great auto to have, and a nice card with a quirky backstory and even better at £27. A bloody bargain! Thumb Up

You know Colin you're going to have to collect an Artbox Harry Potter set or a Rittenhouse James Bond, because I just don't think you're being challenged enough! Big Grin

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
lol to be honist i did start collecting harry potter and then i decided to give them up i am going to get a harry potter one but its going to be if they do one a 7 film set.

cheers i was really happy when i won it for what i did.

i might be starting a few nes sets soon maybe

tomb raider
dead zone
mib2
sleepy hollow

but there still all inkworks

im not a big fan of james bond so i wont do that one but i am intrested in the fantastic 4 sets so who knows i might do rittenhouse at some point lol.

thats bad luck neil i know you was really after that

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thats a shame you gave up the Potter cards, Artbox make some DAMN FINE cards.

With Bond I need to have absolutely everything to feel satisfied - it is my non-sport passion(in case anyone hadn't guessed already Big Grin) but with things like Harry Potter which my girlfriend collects, an impossibly daft to get pear-tree leaves card won't stop us getting a Gary Oldman or Michael Gambon auto if you catch my drift. Artbox are putting auto some SERIOUSLY diverse autograph cards from set to set giving us all these British luvies we would never of had otherwise.

Being selective with some sets lets you enjoy them a whole lot more!

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
yep i only collect the ones i like and i do look at the expecive side of it as well

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
and i do look at the expecive side of it as well

Me too, I just mean sometimes it fun to be a completest but most of the time its more fun if you're not, there is just too much out there to buy and the money tree I planted in the garden has withered and died. Frown Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
lol i got a smoney tree myself its got £1 50p and 20p in it and some other bits as i keep chucking my change in it lol

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
i never bothered getting a master set when i was younger, just getting a box, or a set and a binder to put it in.

But now i look back at the sets, they do look half empty, so i think from now on , instead of buying a box of cards i want to get, or random basic sets for a fiver, i would rather spend the money on finishing the chase sets etc.

I've done it the past 2 shows i have been to and its better to know you have put money towards something.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
yer i started with the base things but them i thought why just get them why not get the whole lot that why i have got everything and the set is more special and price less

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
To start the new year with a new statement for the coming mastersets I buy every new serie I want immediately with a binder.
I just hate it when I see my cards in a ordinary binder. Lost and Complete Avengers looks unbelievable in their official binder.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Ged
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
To start the new year with a new statement for the coming mastersets I buy every new serie I want immediately with a binder.
I just hate it when I see my cards in a ordinary binder. Lost and Complete Avengers looks unbelievable in their official binder.

i agree, i dont know wether or not its just me but if a set comes out without a binder it puts me off it as i like to have an official binder with the set

Posts: 562 | Location: Liverpool UK | Registered: March 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elephant Elephant Dance

Just got the connections P-FOA promo off that auctions site which gives me a master set of Buffy connections!!!!
huzzah

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got my supernatural down to 2 autos, 1 autograph pw and 4 pws ..

Will say without ebay it's actually kind of fun to hunt these cards down Big Grin

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Working on Smallville 5 to complete my Smallville collection.
I have a master of 1 to 4.
I need 1 auto
1 multicase incentive card
and 2 promos.

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
quote:

i feel the same, but say with buffy and stargate, i have about 6 binders for buffy, and only two with stargate, so often i have about 2 or 3 sets in a franchise binder.

I have lots more sets in generic binders, but they dont do some of the cards justice, and if the binder came out a long time ago, then its near impossible to get a binder, like with my Akira set.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neil:
quote:

i feel the same, but say with buffy and stargate, i have about 6 binders for buffy, and only two with stargate, so often i have about 2 or 3 sets in a franchise binder.

I have lots more sets in generic binders, but they dont do some of the cards justice, and if the binder came out a long time ago, then its near impossible to get a binder, like with my Akira set.

keep hoping Wink

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post