Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What New set should I collect next
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What New set should I collect next
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if I have Merlin Series 3. I know I'm missing some of the French, German, and Spanish releases Merlin did.

I also think there's quite a few error cards in the Merlin releases, and perhaps Topps, and the CCG cards. I didn't bother trying to find all of those.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Salama:
I think You need to find out what kind of cards You really like, and based from that You can start to collect and build.

Personally I dont need a master set of something I collect, for me that is not a "must", I try to get the cards I like most and I like to collect something on a long term goal, but I understand everyone who wants a master set. It seems like many wants all cards right away.
The fun in collecting is most important.

I collect quite a lot like Salama. Would I love to have a mater set someday, sure, but I am not in a rush even if I consider myself a completist. When I started collecting my husband was out of work so the amount I could spend was minimal. I bought boxes at my LCS and then stuff off the bay. And I mostly buy that way even now that my husband is back to work. I don't think it matters how you do it, as long as it is fun.

What about the early LOST sets or Six Feet Under?

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Hi there,

Congratulations on your X Files master sets!

I'd always planned to stick with one show and see through each set to master and THEN move on but I diverted Roll Eyes

I'm not sure if you said you wanted to collect another TV show or not?

Charmed Season 1 only has 7 autograph cards and it's not that difficult to complete - though the binder can be tricky to get hold of.

The later Charmed sets have many more costumes and autographs - all above the '10 autographs per set' limit you mentioned.

I think Angel is a good set too if you're after master sets?? Though I don't collect this.

I know it all depends on what TV shows you watch - Maybe if we're still going along with older shows here - You could collect a set that only had one release like Rosewell or Jericho, I think both were released by Inkworks.

I think The Dead Zone only has one set too.

The 4400 has only 2 sets??

'24' could be another one as well.

All the 'newer' sets are jam-packed with WAY too many chase cards (In my personal opinion) - I think NCIS premium packs are an example of that.

I cannot tell you if there are any 'pit falls' like difficult to get cards in these sets.

I'm only suggesting ideas.

Good luck - Hope you share what set you decide to collect next Wavey

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Latest update decided to collect sealed NON sport boxes I have over 25 different boxes not including the x-files boxes , lost, heros, stargate, harry potter to just name a few

sort of gave up looking for just the right set to complete . All the new sets have way too many chase/auto cards & the older sets ( that i looked at ) have a few cards that are very hard to find now . As I am a completist it would do my head in trying to get all the old sets .

Posts: 48 | Location: Australia | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post