Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Yahoo Headline: 10 most valuable collectible cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yahoo Headline: 10 most valuable collectible cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted
Found this article on Yahoo!, it was their featured article at that. thought you might enjoy

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/u...cards-232119394.html

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Nice to see an article on cards, but I can think of loads of cards worth more money than those they feature there!

Simpsons Matt Groening Sketch
Some of the SW Evolution autographs
Loads of the Harry Potter cards - incentives, Quad card, Triple auto...
Also probably over 1000 sketch cards that have sold for over the $1000 mark :P But that is a bit different and a different kind of card.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who would have thought Pokemon would be worth that much.

I agree Card Dude, still it was an interesting read. Thanks Zhamlou.

Posts: 39 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
At least it gives a nod to non-sports and gets us some exposure, but the article is poorly researched and gaming cards should never be confused for non-sports cards! Eek

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CryptozoicTCFan
posted Hide Post
Too bad I gave away my Charizard 1st edition holographic along with the rest of them many years ago...

Posts: 27 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to bash Yahoo but they do write some horrible articles.

Collecting cards could mean anything. Sports, non-sports, gaming, tobacco, postcards...

There are valuable cards in each and every category.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ScoobyDew79
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
At least it gives a nod to non-sports and gets us some exposure, but the article is poorly researched and gaming cards should never be confused for non-sports cards! Eek

I agree, the research on this is terrible. Seems it was written by someone with little knowledge of the card industry, at least the nonsports side. And while we see a big line between non-sports cards and gaming cards, most don't. But if you're going to write on a subject like that, you should. They'd have been better off to split it into 2 top 10 lists; one for gaming, one for nonsports/entertainment. That'd even been more content.

Posts: 43 | Location: Oxford, Mississippi | Registered: December 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
I do not normally comment on those Yahoo! articles (they are so often inaccurate it is untrue) but as it is about something so dear to me I just had to put them right Big Grin

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Mortified to think I might have had a Pokemon Charizard holographic card - I don't even remember what happened to them lol. Oh gee I was dumb kid to throw away my CCGs when moving on to NS cards Shake Head

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was a bit of a surprise to find out that I own one of the cards on the list: GPK 1a. That's quite a joke on the price, though, regardless of the "rubber band factor" for any first card in a series aimed at kids. He gave me a heart attack on the Charizard until I saw he meant only the parallel. Wink

They start out with a card that was never released in a set. And that's the trouble, like Card Dude notes -- with the low-numbered and 1/1 cards out there, I could take only an hour and come up with 100 cards that were part of general releases that would displace 8 of his top 10 ...

Oh well, investigative journalism isn't dead. I see the author is now telling us "5 things you didn't know about Silly Putty," probably because his article on the mysteries of Nerf was so successful.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post