Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    need some help/info please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

need some help/info please
 Login/Join

posted
I have seen a couple of Buffy binders I am after on ebay US. Trouble is the sellers won't ship them to the UK as I have asked. Does anyone know of any way that I could get them at all? What are the costs likely to be? Anyone done anything like this? ThanksSmile

Posts: 18 | Location: Wales,uk | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It depends on which binders. Season 1 is very expensive not sure what others go for. This subject has been discussed before so I'm sure someone will be able to give you a more exact quote.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here's a visual reference for you. If I'm missing any I don't want to know! (OK, I do want to know...)

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NEMESISBOY
posted Hide Post
I have 3 of the binders for sale but they are part of 3 auctions but i won't split sorry.

Posts: 67 | Location: LONDON | Registered: September 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cardaddict thank you for the pics, really helpful to see which I need. Out of them I need binders 3,4, ultimate and the 10th anniversary one.

I think I havent explained very well, the binders are on auction on eBay US so that's not the price I wanted, what I wanted to know was how much are they likely to cost to ship them over to the UK? And if there's any way to get around the fact that the sellers won't ship them here?

Posts: 18 | Location: Wales,uk | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
What you need is someone in the USA to have the binders sent to them and they can then send them to you.

Remember though that whilst all this is going on the postage is getting higher overall.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know anyone in the US though, so how do you do that? Is there a company who will receive things for you and then ship them on or something?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know anyone in the US though, so how do you do that? Is there a company who will receive things for you and then ship them on or something?

Do you have any cards to trade? Maybe you could post something in the trade section offering cards for a US based member's time (and obviously reimbursement for the shipping)

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I don't have anything to trade as I'm new to collecting myself. The reason I wanted them was the prices are really good, ones a dollar atm and the others $30, compared to the $50 and $110 I've seen them for. Whether shipping would push them up to roughly the same I don't know. It was worth a try, I'll have to just keep looking for them.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
okay, if what you want to know is how much for shipping, that's a much easier problem. Simply find a binder from any set on eBay from a seller who does ship internationally and has shipping prices stated. After all, all binders will be about the same shipping cost. Remember also UK customs/VAT is extra.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sirob
posted Hide Post
I've purchased a number of binders singly- one several weeks ago and all from the US. Around $20 US seems a reasonable price for postage as they're not the best shape for posting- this would obviously apply to the UK as well. If you can get a number from the same source & combine postage that would be great but it never seems to work out that way.

Posts: 115 | Location: australia | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have bought quite a few binders from the US and had them shipped to the UK, if I can, I will try and get two from the same dealer as the postage isn't overly effected putting a second empty binder in the same box. I have paid up to $50 USD for postage but dont mind as binders are quite large, some dealers have tried to charge a similar amount for a few cards so you need to check first when purchasing anything from overseas.

Binders usually get through customs as the item value is low enough.

Posts: 162 | Location: UK | Registered: December 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post