Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Wars Astromech Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Astromech Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Can someone please explain to me what these are ? I see there was a new 4 card pack at the NYCC
but there seem to be at least 21 prior cards.

How were these available ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
This may be a cross-over with the Star Wars Card Trader digital cards app. There was an astromech set in that with I think 21 cards. Though presumably the digital artwork comes from somewhere, so there may be a physical set as well.

Have a look at https://www.reddit.com/r/starw..._exclusives_tonight/ for a quick description, but I gather the pack was available by getting stamps from particular places within the con.

AND if anyone has the pack and is not an app person, I'd love the codes (assuming you don't have to damage the cards to get them of course)

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't even know what an "Astromech" is. Smile

But I see at least 2 diff "sets" being offered, which total between 18 and 21 cards, and now there is a new pack of 4

Some sellers have stated that they will ONLY sell the cards if you have the App

Very confusing.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I don't even know what an "Astromech" is. Smile

But I see at least 2 diff "sets" being offered, which total between 18 and 21 cards, and now there is a new pack of 4

Some sellers have stated that they will ONLY sell the cards if you have the App

Very confusing.

the reason they will only sell if you have the app is that they are selling the digital cards, not physical cards. An astromech is a ship maintenance droid (R2, BB-8...)

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post