Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
FROM THE TOTAL LICENSING REPORT-

ITV Studios Global Entertainment has added two new licensees for the Classic Thunderbirds brand. Diffusion Toys, a producer and distributor of die-cast toys, miniatures, and collectibles for the adult market, is planning a range of Thunderbirds trading cards and 12-inch collectible figures featuring all of the heroes (and one or two villains) from the series. The range will be available at specialty and online stores as well as direct-to-consumer in May.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It will be intresting to see what they come up with the cards. Thunderbirds has been done on many occasions allready all of which have been good so let's hope these can come up with something new.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
It will be intresting to see what they come up with the cards. Thunderbirds has been done on many occasions allready all of which have been good so let's hope these can come up with something new.

I believe that some of the people involved with Diffusion Toys were involved with at least one previous issue of Thunderbirds cards but I might be wrong.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
A search reveals that the CEO is Darren Epstein formerly of Cards Inc.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Intresting, well having done the set once complete with autographs of everyone i wonder what the plan is for this one.

Whatever it is i'm sure if Darren is doing it the set will be superb.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
If there's sketches in the boxes, I'm staying well clear.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
If there's sketches in the boxes, I'm staying well clear.

?????? Problem with Sketches Graham ?????? or are you referring to the Sketches that never made it into previous release and now appear on that site?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Them's the ones. Use the best sketches to advertise a set and them sell them separately.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not sure how they are doing this but it may be that the figure comes with a card. I guess we will know better closer to the release date.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Them's the ones. Use the best sketches to advertise a set and them sell them separately.

Well I can't comment about that selling issue because I have no first hand knowledge of it, but as for the advertising, isn't that always the way?

You see the best sketches in ads or posted on hobby sites and they are APs or sketches that don't get pack inserted because they are incentives. Just once I'd like to see an ad that has pictures of the crappy sketches I pull.

Yeah I'm kidding, but not by much. Big Grin

Posts: 10374 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post