Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Wars Galactic Files & Mars Attacks Artist Returns Personal Oils Painted Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galactic Files & Mars Attacks Artist Returns Personal Oils Painted Cards
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
Hey everyone, Its been almost over a year now since I worked on the Star Wars Galactic Files and Mars Attacks series of cards for Topps, I've never really posted or sold any of my Artist Return Cards yet. I've just kept them in my personal collection since I am a collector of sports cards and trading cards in general, I only have these ones right now since I left the rest in my painting studio. I will try to get scans of those once I get to the studio when I am free to do so.

When I worked on these, I tried to challenge myself to paint as detailed as possible with the smallest brush I can find, each of these took a very long time (sometimes a week or more to complete one, especially that mars attacks one..) But it was a fun challenge nevertheless and I had fun painting them.

They are fun to show to friends when people come to do studio visits.

Recently I finally had the chance to take some photos and scans of them so I figured to share these with you guys. I have no plans to sell them yet, but I may in the future.

These are only a few of them, I still need to scan and take pics of the rest. (since i got 6 artist return for each of the series I did)

For me its a lot of fun to work on these, they are great for starting my days sketching or painting. In the series I've done a very wide range of finish, some are rough sketches, some are high detailed pencil rendered sketches, and some are ink detailed sketches. There are actually a bunch of detailed ink sketches that i haven't seen on ebay yet.

Anyways, without further delay:

Mars Attacks (homage to the old set art):

Medium: Oils with varnished surface.

Star Wars Galactic Files 1:

Medium: Oils (with Varnished surface) or Acrylics (with matte surface)

and here in this pic, you can see how I usually paint them, look at that tiny brush...haha drives me a bit crazy.

Future- I have just took on the challenge to do 100 color cards for the next Mars Attacks set, looking forward to do some watercolor or marker for them and experiment with perhaps a new style.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for looking!

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing...looks FANTASTIC!!!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Card Talk.Sketches look great

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post