Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Doctor Who Card Help Needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who Card Help Needed
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted
I'll hopefully be going to London Comic Con and would like to get Eric Roberts to sign a Doctor Who card, if any featured his version of The Master from the Doctor Who Movie?

I've tried some unsuccessful eBay searches, and had a look through some checklists on Jeff Allender's site, but really not being familiar with Who sets, can't really be sure of what I am looking at.

Can an resident experts advise if he has any Who cards? Or what sets may have featured the movie? Wouldn't mind getting Paul McGann at some point too...

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The only time I even heard that Eric Roberts had played The Master in Doctor Who was when I spotted his autograph card on the 2016 "Doctor Who Timeless" checklist. I like him, so I got it. I can't tell by Cardboard Connections base card list if he might be featured on any of those, but there seems to be a print plate for something.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I could not find a base card with Eric Roberts as The Master , only autograph cards for Topps and a Strictly Ink one for the 40th Ann .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thanks for checking Triple-Frog.
Do you know if The TV Movie did get any base cards in any sets? I do recall the Strictly Ink blue border autos that featured Paul McGann, but don't recall any beyond that one card.

Raven - I had missed not seen his Timeless auto.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

There are 3 of them on eBay now, along with the auto printing plate and another signed card, all stickers and numbered out of 25. Not really expensive for the low print run, so I guess not much demand. I have Timeless #1/25 and that's not going anywhere. Big Grin Never knew it was a TV movie though.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Thanks for checking Triple-Frog.
Do you know if The TV Movie did get any base cards in any sets? I do recall the Strictly Ink blue border autos that featured Paul McGann, but don't recall any beyond that one card.

There are two base cards and a promo card in the 40th set ( 9 , 45 , unnumbered promo ), one base and one chase in the 2015 Topps set ( 192 , D-8 ), and one in Timeless ( 37 ). All but one of the 40th cards feature Paul McGann either on his own or with another character . The other card features a timelord .

I don't have all the Topps sets so there may be more .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post