Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uncut sheets
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I have a few hundred uncut sheets and found the best way to store them them is top loaders. You can put 3 or four sheets in each top loader, put the top loader back in it's bag and tape it shut. then put all the top loaders back it the box they were shipped in, then you can store them under the bed or stand them up behind a piece of furniture. Of course this doesn't work if your want to look at the cards all the time, it just a good way the store them.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do you have them in a large soft sleeve before putting them into the toploader? My understanding was always that toploaders are made of PVC - not so much archival safe for paper products? Or is that incorrect?

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I think you right, they are PVC, no I don't have them in Sleeves, But I think it would take a long time to do any harm and I don't plan on keeping them a 100 years. I did pull one out that I've had about 10 years, the holder is still clear (not yellowed) and the sheet looks fine. I don't even know if you can get sleeves that size, I have to check into that.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chrillips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
I don't even know if you can get sleeves that size, I have to check into that.

Think that might be called Seran Wrap or Hefty Bags Smile

-eBay Seller ID: Randomcarrot
Want List in "Interests" in Profile.

Posts: 20 | Location: Sandy Eggo | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chrillips:
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
I don't even know if you can get sleeves that size, I have to check into that.

Think that might be called Seran Wrap or Hefty Bags Smile

That's funny. Big Grin I actually have some oversize items wrapped in Cling wrap and sandwiched between some cardboard.