Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ALLEN + GINTER BASE
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I ve just seen an allen and ginter 2006 base card i ve been looking for on ebay,it is a base card not a special insert in any way,the price being asked is $19.99 would this be a good investment or would I be ripped off ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
$20 for a base card? Eek

Is this something i don't know about?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Investment. . . probably not. . .

This is a sports card set, so the base cards can have value -- perhaps it could be a rookie card. . .

Given that complete base sets (including the short prints) aren't selling for $80, I'd kinda bet the card you are looking at is overpriced. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Which card is it, I might have it.

Posts: 33 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: May 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
I ve just seen an allen and ginter 2006 base card i ve been looking for on ebay,it is a base card not a special insert in any way,the price being asked is $19.99 would this be a good investment or would I be ripped off ?

Stephen Strasbourg? LOL joking.

If they are not showing up on eBay, then this seller feels they can list it for any price and someone will eventually pay.

If you can't get a deal with someone on a forum, try Check Out My Cards

Or, hit up your LCS.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
My guess is that it's a card of a certain female race car driver?

It's one of the two cards that I need for my set. I balked at the high price myself as it seems steep. But, the set is one of the most popular baseball release in the past decade so I don't think that paying $20 would be being "ripped off" if you're happy with the price. That said, with some patience you may be able to find it cheaper.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
yep ryan,it is the Danica Patrick card Smile

hey nicnac,just checked out your cards,you have several that i ve been looking for as well,most notable the Diana Taursi parallel card Wink

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
yep ryan,it is the Danica Patrick card Smile

hey nicnac,just checked out your cards,you have several that i ve been looking for as well,most notable the Diana Taursi parallel card Wink

cheifbrody sorry if I misled you. I don't have anything listed on that site, but it's a great source for cards when you don't feel like playing the FeeBay game.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
How about Allen & Ginter World Champions?

I've got 2 boxes of those.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
How about Allen & Ginter World Champions?

I've got 2 boxes of those.

hi wolfie,not sure what your saying ?

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Totally not connected with this card you are after, sorry.

I've got 2 boxes of Allen & Ginter World Champions 2008 if you or anyone is looking for anything from that set.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had no idea this card was worth that much. A quick search of completed auctions shows the card sells for $15-$21, so I guess $19.99 is a little higher than average, but about right. I'm gonna have to dig through my doubles whenever I have the time. I've got the complete set, but don't remember if I ever pulled any extra Danicas. Heck, I don't even know where to begin to look for it in my card dungeon. Red Face

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i think i m about to buy this card,with postage its 15 earth pounds,£15.00 for a base card.