Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What have you noticed that has dried up?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have you noticed that has dried up?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
Checking both sold and active auctions

Frank Oz and Phil Brown from Star Wars.

Posts: 4867 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you'd call it dried up when there are 100's of them on eBay, but the best sketches from Lord of the Rings Masterpieces I & II seem to be gone. There are tons of Woodside and Waterhouse junk and lots of light pencil drawings from others, but most of the good stuff looks to have been absorbed.

The Indiana Jones Heritage and Crystal Skull sketches have fewer available, but there are more of the better ones and those are carrying a pretty good price.

Now sealed boxes on these have really dried up and it looks like Indy is asking around $400 - $500 and LotR is more like $900. Indy had autographs too. They were both fun packs to bust as long as you didn't pull an Orc or a Monkey from the WW boys, but that was also when it was under $50 for a box. Those were the days my friend. Smile

Posts: 10423 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Yes....those were the days. I guess on one side it is good that over produced sealed boxes are finally busted open. In search of the 10 out of a box of 10's. Big Grin

Noticed Michael Biehn UD and Pop Century have been difficult to find as well.

Posts: 4867 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

You reckon that's because of his Mandalorian appearance?

Posts: 2216 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
quote:

You reckon that's because of his Mandalorian appearance?

I don't think so, his cards have been difficult to find for at least a couple of years. I'm sure Mandalorian has added some desirability to them.

There have been a few sets that he should have signed for, my assumption is he refuses to in most circumstances.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
While there is one on eBay now Kane Hodder's Americana autograph has become uncommon to see for sale.

Posts: 5421 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Biehn has always been prickly. He has not participated in many things involving Aliens, including reunions and theme shows. He has done very little with his other big Cameron directed films as far as I know. I don't think he has a beef, so much as he just seems not to care about it.

His certified autograph cards are sort after because they are in short supply and the demand has not been met. That can only increase if he does make a comeback of sorts.

Posts: 10423 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
While there is one on eBay now Kane Hodder's Americana autograph has become uncommon to see for sale.

He also signed for Terror Cards which is difficult to find.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Biehn has always been prickly. He has not participated in many things involving Aliens, including reunions and theme shows. He has done very little with his other big Cameron directed films as far as I know. I don't think he has a beef, so much as he just seems not to care about it.

His certified autograph cards are sort after because they are in short supply and the demand has not been met. That can only increase if he does make a comeback of sorts.

I have his signature on an Alien Legacy promo but it would be great if Topps got him on some Star Wars cards. He'd be a great new genre name for a set like Stellar.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Seth Rogen seems to be gone

posted Hide Post
Can't find any Iron Man 2 Don Cheadle or Mickey Rourke.

Posts: 5421 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Too bad that Biehn and Bill Paxton never did a card together. They were in five movies together.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don has signed for the new Space Jam release. Currently a redemption card.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Don has signed for the new Space Jam release. Currently a redemption card.

Interesting -- didn't even know these were out.

Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Can't find any current or recent sales for:

Kelly Osbourne's Inkworks autograph -- although I can find all of the rest of the family.

Ksenia Solo Orphan Black autograph.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I can't find any David Cronenberg Alias autograph cards. Looks like he has a really strange flick coming out with Viggo Mortensen and Lea Seydoux.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't find any David Cronenberg Alias autograph cards. Looks like he has a really strange flick coming out with Viggo Mortensen and Lea Seydoux.

That card has always been just a little better than a common. It's still in the Almanac as only $15 - $40. Maybe that's why it's dried up, a known Director for just a little money. I don't know if "Crimes of the Future" will bump it up any. The whole selling point seems to be that it's disgusting and that's appealing to a very specific audience. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like [Cronenberg] has a really strange flick coming out

Cronenberg has a strange movie coming out? No way.

He makes normal movies like Videodrome, Crash, Dead Ringers, Rabid, Scanners . . .

(All kidding aside, I do like some of his stuff. The Fly, Eastern Promises, A History of Violence.)

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
That card has always been just a little better than a common. It's still in the Almanac as only $15 - $40.

Last one sold in Feb at $76 on a true auction. I bought some cheap ALIAS boxes almost 10 years ago and pulled a couple. Kinda wondering if he will show up on a ST Discovery card?

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
Cronenberg has a strange movie coming out? No way.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Yeah, remember as a kid when Scanners came out. The slasher genre was taking off and here was a bit of original horror film making.

Sometimes I think he got so deep into his weirdness that he forgot to make a movie worth watching. Dead Ringers and Cosmopolis bored me to tears. I liked Eastern Promises but it seemed like a step down from History of Violence which I thought was really good.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
The only thing I've seen drying up is a reasonable price for a chase card - sketch, costume, prop, auto etc. It's no longer "I want to make a profit", it's "I want to pay off my mortgage". Sketch cards that would only ever attract a $30-$40 price are now $100+. One auto that I had my eye on, but at $90 was a little too much is now $200. Sellers are just waiting for the uninformed to jump on to speculate and speculators are flipping. It's a sad time for genuine collectors.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post