Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Topps Star Wars 40th 2017 BEST SKETCH EVER IN THE HISTORY OF EVER
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Star Wars 40th 2017 BEST SKETCH EVER IN THE HISTORY OF EVER
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted
THIS IS NOT MINE.... I'M In The E.R. From Laughing My A$$ off......

you can read this in it's ENTIRETY on a Certain Auction Site..........

$10,000 for a Sketch???? someday maybe......

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
That is funny...

One of the best listings I have read in a while.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Seriously, how could Topps allow that sketch card to be included in the 40th anniversary set???

Confused

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Looks like it was done in 3 minutes

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I did enjoy the description, quite funny.

Obviously the seller wants to call out both the manufacturer and the specific artist on this beauty. Don't know what precipitated that, but if someone submits it and someone accepts it for a product, they own the credit and/or the blame. Wink

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Here's a different Perspective by an "Artist".

This is a SKETCH card and it IS a great sketch.

Under the terms of the contract we are only required to spend 2 minutes per sketch. But over the years, collectors became whining bitches whenever they pulled a card that wasn't a full color painting with 4 hours of effort put into.

While 80% of the collectors are awesome, it's the 20% who pull **** like this and try to humiliate an artist for doing their job that makes me glad I pulled out of the sketch card industry to work in other areas of freelance work.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So could someone post a link?

Posts: 2200 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topps-...f:g:f~wAAOSwhvFZCo5s

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The worst thing about this sketch is that it is only the right half of a 2 part sketch, the left side part is still out there and will require another $10,000 when it surfaces. Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
The worst thing about this sketch is that it is only the right half of a 2 part sketch, the left side part is still out there and will require another $10,000 when it surfaces. Eek

The left piece is on eBay, seller is asking $60 or Best Offer... so only $10,060 and it's anyone's!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I think it's actually the second best sketch card ever.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Here's a different Perspective by an "Artist".

This is a SKETCH card and it IS a great sketch.

Under the terms of the contract we are only required to spend 2 minutes per sketch. But over the years, collectors became whining bitches whenever they pulled a card that wasn't a full color painting with 4 hours of effort put into.

While 80% of the collectors are awesome, it's the 20% who pull **** like this and try to humiliate an artist for doing their job that makes me glad I pulled out of the sketch card industry to work in other areas of freelance work.

In this era of having expensive boxes that are "hit" driven, it's unfortunately that card companies put artists in that position by making the sketch cards one of primary hits and yet only require 2 minutes of work. Maybe there should be different distinctions in the insert ratios for a sketch, full color, and ones that take 4 hours efforts. Perhaps that could help balance out collector expectations for nice looking SKETCH cards such as that puzzle piece by not having that type of SKETCH card among the primary "hits" of the box.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's all unreasonable collector demands, until one of those 2 minute beauties turns out to be the premium hit in your $80 plus box. Big Grin

For myself, all I expect in a pulled sketch is a professional effort, done by a professional artist who knows that whatever their other considerations may be, he/she is going to be judged by the work that bears their signature.

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I've seen these boxes as high as $135......

I'm Not a Buyer even @ 75