Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    startrek.coms shop doenst know its own cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

startrek.coms shop doenst know its own cards
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think it's odd that this thread was allowed to remain on here so long as it's directly linking to cards for sale.

As far as people flipping the cards, I think it's a little disappointing that they just simply bought to sell on eBay. When I think of a dealer I think of someone setting up at a show, or having a list of buyers, etc. I have no idea who is selling on eBay, but . . . I dunno it seems like if the cards were in someones possession for like 10 minutes before they threw the cards on eBay and they didn't attempt to do anything else with 'em it's sort of unimaginative. . .

Posts: 5413 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
As far as people flipping the cards, I think it's a little disappointing that they just simply bought to sell on eBay. When I think of a dealer I think of someone setting up at a show, or having a list of buyers, etc. I have no idea who is selling on eBay, but . . . I dunno it seems like if the cards were in someones possession for like 10 minutes before they threw the cards on eBay and they didn't attempt to do anything else with 'em it's sort of unimaginative. . .

So what are you suggesting Jon, proof of ownership for X number of days and then you can flip it? Big Grin Not gonna happen!

Look, when price gougers get stuck with their inventory and tie up all their available money in stuff that they can't sell, or have to start selling at a loss instead of a profit, that's when the flipping stops.

I'm kind of surprised that we are even talking about this right now because the current state of the economy has rendered most of this activity pointless. The idea of cards as an investment or flipping for profit is largely gone. These Star Trek cards and the Nimoy autograph offer on Tweeter seems to be exceptions. If the premium packs get going big maybe we might see more of it again.

But like I said before, its the buyers who have to control themselves. Just don't buy unless its worth it. Smile

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

So what are you suggesting Jon, proof of ownership for X number of days and then you can flip it? Big Grin Not gonna happen!

I'm not suggesting anything. I said what I think.

Posts: 5413 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think it's odd that this thread was allowed to remain on here so long as it's directly linking to cards for sale.

Exactly. As I said in my earlier post, I am close to completing a TNG master set and 2 of the autos in the TNG lot would have gone a long way for me at about 30% of the cost on ebay. It's disappointing to see an obvious lot already on ebay before the buyer could possibly have received them.
It's not sour grapes... I am sour that I missed the opportunity to get ONE set for my own collection.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post