Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    2006 Star Wars Evolution Update... Need Help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2006 Star Wars Evolution Update... Need Help!
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted
4 years ago I opened a box for Christmas. I got a Greedo auto. So today I decided to go looking through all the base cards from that box break (talk about being bored). I had the funniest (and coolest) thing happen to me. While looking through the cards I came across a card numbered to 100. I nearly freaked out. I knew exactly what it was. Turns out 4 years later in what I thought was just a box full of base lies a Leia insert /100. I saw that they're worth $1000 a piece (Luke and Leia). Does anybody know how much this can fetch? All help is appreciated! Thanks!

Posts: 8 | Location: stuff | Registered: September 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did see one at Manchester last month.it was the Luke version.it was £195($300)its a very limited card.a great pull.well done Thumb Up

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I think $200-$300 is a realistic number on that card. Congrats!!

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw an older post on this forum where the Leia actually out sold the Luke. I thought that was surprising.

Posts: 8 | Location: stuff | Registered: September 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leia will always sell better than just about any character, but the fact is that after 6 years of this set being out most people that needed these cards for a master set already have them, and the price on them has dropped a great amount.

If you got over $300 I would be shocked. The price on the Luke one that was brought up was also at a convention where everything is priced higher than eBay.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just think it's funny that it was laying with a box of base. Thank god I decided to look through the box otherwise I wouldn't have found it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheMetatrOn:
Leia will always sell better than just about any character, but the fact is that after 6 years of this set being out most people that needed these cards for a master set already have them, and the price on them has dropped a great amount.

If you got over $300 I would be shocked. The price on the Luke one that was brought up was also at a convention where everything is priced higher than eBay.

TheMetatrOn has hit the nail on the head.6 years have passed and most people who wanted these cards would have them by now.the problem is that there has been a lot of Star Wars cards released since and the market has been watered down a little.also the autograph cards of Luke and Leia have been selling for around $400-$600 each from this set and they are much more sought after.they are also limited to 100 each.if you had this card when it was released im sure you would be talking in the $600-$800 range but you have missed the boat unfortunately.i bet you wish you looked through the cards when you first bought them? Roll Eyes

chalk it down to experience i guess??

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ya well it's very tough to notice. If you don't look at the back your only bet is to see her baby picture. I screwed up but either way at least I found it.

posted Hide Post
i have found one that was sold for $515 numbered 94/100.so all hope is not lost.i would put it on feebay and it will find its own value i guess.still a good find and a very rare card.well done. Thumb Up

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
Its a great find, I was lucky at the time. I bought two cases of this product and in each case a found a luke or a leia card. Needless to say I was well chuffed. It was only time I bought a second case any any Star Wars product (but the number of base sets and spare cards I had to shift was time consuming to say the least).

In what I've seen on feebay, you can still ocassionally pick one of these up for around $150 or less. I cannot say that I have taken much notice of the market on these. These seem to be quite common on some peoples lists of needs though, even #/100 isn't that short a run campared to some cards from the newer sets.

As a side note these two cards were probably my first sequentially numbered cards in my collection. At the time that meant something but these days it's plain overused and not quite as special.

If it's hard cash you after, sure put it on the Bay for auction and see what happens Wink

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In what I've seen on feebay, you can still ocassionally pick one of these up for around $150 or less.

Wow what a drop in price,thats why i always wait to buy high end stuff.and this is a great example!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Lol 150 or less. I don't quite think he knows what we're talking about. Plus they don't come up too often.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkknight1:
Lol 150 or less. I don't quite think he knows what we're talking about. Plus they don't come up too often.

It dont surprise me,i spent an arm and a leg on the lord of rings auto cards when they 1st come out.i can pick the same stuff up for buttons now.it does mess my head up when i think about it.i seen a frodo from the f.o.t.r. go for £8.00..i paid £60 when they first come out.i thought it was a sure fire investment?? Shake Head
patience is a virtue!!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That just seems very low in my opnion, even for a holo card. The two numbered cards are considered to be some of the better cards in the set. I can see 300-400 but not 150. They're barely even on.

posted Hide Post
$300-$400 seems fair to me,JR2D2 is just expressing his opinion and what he has seen these go for!!the only way to find out for sure is to put it on feebay with a reserve your happy with.stick a high buy it now price on it aswell see what happens.you never know your luck.please let us know if you sell it and what for?you have got the best one of the two that where made.so you should do well with it either way.good luck mate Thumb Up

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As of right now I'm keeping it. I've never pulled something so rare and valuable so it's special.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My friend, Richard, opened a box of these back before summer and got the Luke card. He placed it on an auction site and it did not move at 250.00.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
My friend, Richard, opened a box of these back before summer and got the Luke card. He placed it on an auction site and it did not move at 250.00.

WOW,thats bad news.just goes to show when you buy new items you pay top $.thats why i always wait.most of the time things go down given enough time.its very rare that stuff goes up??

with every release the normal collector or fan as less and less to spend on items!!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The economy has a lot to do with most stuff dropping across the board too.

Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkknight1:

Well I'd hope I know my stuff since I only really collect Star Wars cards. Since I have both cards I have not been following the prices. I did see both up for around the $150 mark on an Ebay trawl a few months back, chances are they probably didn't hang round for long given the higher prices mentioned here.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post