Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
What is happening on Ebay?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/8997007716

March 24, 2012, 08:23 PM
treksearcher
What is happening on Ebay?
I've had problems with ebay as a buyer and seller but without it our hobby would have very limited appeal and master sets would be almost non-existant.

As mainly a buyer the changes I've noted are that sellers are asking for greater shipping fees sometimes making it impossible to make the purchase. I fully appreciate that with higher value items, but when you buy a $5 card and are charged $20 shipping! Shake Head

Also a lot of U.S. dealers simply will not ship out of the U.S. and often you can't ask a question via ebay stating you will pay for tracking.
March 25, 2012, 07:52 AM
peterc
ebay is the only game in town its true. and there are lots of oddball items still. for good prices too. check some of my stuff Big Grin ebay fees can be brutal sometimes. Sellers are in competition with eachother and have to use all kinds of sneaky tricks to get by such as the OVERCHARGING ON SHIPPING. Twak $7.00 for single cards? common items they slap in their ebay stores and price it three times higher than its worth just to make it look special. Instead of researching who wants the item and how to sell it. Pretty much I have no complaints about ebay itself. You can manage the fees, and stil be fair with shipping costs to buyers. Explain in listings why you charge the shipping you do in a way that buyers will see it. My gripe is not with ebay, and not with most buyers, its mainly with sellers who are dishonest and have absolutely disgusting business practices yet they still manage to get by. some of them even know who they areWink