Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharknado!!!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted
So I have a project for some one better at making cards then I. I would like to see some cards for the truly bad films that the Sci-Fi channel makes. Some great looking 70's cards or Jawsish look. What do you think? Rittenhouse has a good relationship with them.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Something like this but better...

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For them to be in keeping with the 'standards' and 'quality' of the original film, I think you really need to find someone who can do a worse job than you Big Grin Wink

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
For them to be in keeping with the 'standards' and 'quality' of the original film, I think you really need to find someone who can do a worse job than you Big Grin Wink

WAHAHAHA!!! Smile

Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I actually sort of like the "bad" Sharknado cards. The movie is cheesy; so why shouldn't the cards be that way. Why add class to something that has none and was not intended to?

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
A limited run of some of these carzy movie cards could do quite well we all like strange stuff that's what non-sports is all about isn't it? Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to see Lizardblizzard. Razz

Only in the Twitter age could this nonsense become an overnight sensation. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
So not only is there going to be a Sharknado 2 which is set in NY this time but Sci-Fi has this gem in its wheel house....GHOST SHARK!!!

http://io9.com/behold-syfys-ne...host-shark-805669057

We can only hope it is as great as Ghost Dad with Bill Cosby.

Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Well, it has been a year, and Sharknado 2: The Second One is premiering this Wednesday. Did not see trading cards, but they are releasing a "storm" of Merchandise.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:
Well, it has been a year, and Sharknado 2: The Second One is premiering this Wednesday. Did not see trading cards, but they are releasing a "storm" of Merchandise.

Although happening 4 years after this posting (as I was still publishing Chronicles of the Three Stooges back in 2014), Sharknado Trading Cards Series One is happening now ... pre-orders on Kickstarter (master set pre-orders end August 30th) with a planned release date in September. The producers, director and writer are ALL personally involved. Having a lot of fun creating it!

Posts: 45 | Location: Nevada | Registered: April 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great set, and it has already met the goal -- Awesome!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
Only 5 days left, and they've blown past $13,000 like a bloody tornado!

I have to say, this is an impressive Sketch Artist list indeed:

Aaron Laurich, Achilleas Kokkinakis, Adam Beck, Andy Moore, Ariel Mamani, Brent Scotchmer, Brian Abston, Caleb King, Carlos Cabaleiro, Christian Baxter, Daniel Gorman, Danny Hayman, Darrin Pepe, Dave Gaskin, David Day, Eric Lehtonen, Gary Kezel, Ingrid Hardy, James Dickson, Jamie Cosley, Jamie Hitchcock, Jason Crosby, Jeff Abar, Jenette Brown, Jerry Bennet, Jerry Garcia Jr, Jim O'Riley, Jon Arton, Jon Mangini, Juan Rosales, Kevin P. West, Kris Penix, Kristin Allen, Kyle Burles, Laura Atikinson, Laura Martin, Lee Brown, Louise Draper, Marsha Parkins, Matt Appelgate, Matt Stewart, Norvietro Basio, Ray Racho, Rebecca Sharp, Rees Finaly, Rich Molinelli, Robert Floydman, Sammy Gomez, Scott Rorie, Tim Proctor, Tim Shay, Todd Smith, Tony Keaton, Trent Westbrook, Wayne Tully, and Bujtor Klara.

They looks like they'll be killer cards!

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
It's now passed $15,000.00 and there's 2 hours left in the campaign. The SHARKS are CIRCLING! (And the air current is starting to funnel downward in the same direction!)

Kickstarter

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post