Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eureka
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I wonder how much it costs to do a full blown release, quite a bit i'm sure. You would have to be certain of your ground before going ahead.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I'm willing to give it a shot and see what Rittenhouse comes up with before I proclaim it a bad product.

The problem Rittenhouse is probably seeing is what happened with Warehouse 13. They had a strong lineup with only 1 main character not sigining. But it was still a 3000 box production run. I'm not sure you can print less than that and expect to overcome the production costs. Plus, there is still PLENTY of that product out there, I know I have lots. And ultimately Rittenhouse needs dealers to order product. Most of us will remember Warehouse 13 and order a little less, and a little less than 3000 boxes might be the problem.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
The problem Rittenhouse is probably seeing is what happened with Warehouse 13. They had a strong lineup with only 1 main character not sigining. But it was still a 3000 box production run. I'm not sure you can print less than that and expect to overcome the production costs. Plus, there is still PLENTY of that product out there, I know I have lots.

I think part of it is that Rittenhouse have got so generous with box contents. I used to buy 6 boxes of Stargate and only opened 3 of W13. That gets enough trading fodder in theory because I will have a couple of low end costume and auto spares to try and pick up the others or chase lots. Nobody trades the main cast auts anyway. In practice, their collation is now so good that it's hard to pick up chase card lots, because a case buyer will have full chase card sets instead of random singles as spares.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
There may well bean element of that, if you get 4 big hits in 1 box you buy less boxes. But then the other side of that is if a box has less in it fewer people will buy it. I think Ed is right, WH13 was loaded and a lot of fun, but it hasn't sold as well as it could have which is a real shame. Dealers cant afford to take to take many hits like that and RH is reacting to that along with other influences.

I think Eureka will be a great set which ever way they release it. It's probably the first time in a long while I have been honestly excited about a RH product. Boxes or packs this will be a case buy for me.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of glen87
posted Hide Post
will be a premium pack

Posts: 642 | Location: VT | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
i like the premium format packs cost is way less and as an auto collector i get what i want most down side the time it takes to bust a case is a bit more fun but i can live without that

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
eureka will be out in september according to steve i am looking forward to this release but the guest stars will make or break it...

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm excited to see what this set will hold before I commit. I've come around on the premium pack release, so I don't mind if it ends up being released that way.

I also totally agree with the comments about Warehouse 13. I bought a case a month ago for $300 when a retailer was doing some inventory clearance. I put in a best offer for $300 seeing if there would be a reasonable counteroffer, and my offer was accepted just because the seller said that it was the first case he had sold since the release, and he asked me if I was interested in helping him unload any more cases! I think that W13 was a solid release, but a touch unimaginative- I got bored of cracking the case halfway through! Also, after my experience, I can't help but wonder if it was a bit of a wash for Rittenhouse, their distributors, and their retailers considering the ample supply of product left over at fairly bargain prices. I think that the premium packs might be the best process, though I do hope for a base set in Eureka's case as I really like the series.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Trading Cards

EUREKA SEASON 1 & 2 T/C PREMIUM PACK

A small town in the Pacific Northwest - Eureka, Oregon - is home to some of the smartest - and strangest - citizens human civilization has ever produced. There, an advanced research facility for Global Dynamics employs super-geniuses, and one man, Sheriff Jack Carter, keeps the peace in this very strange town. The first two seasons of Eureka, the hit series on SyFy, are celebrated with Rittenhouse Archives' new Eureka Trading Cards. In this Premium Pack series, there will be 2 autograph cards, 1 Artifact Relic card, 2 episode cards, and 1 Casting Call card per pack. Plus, fans of the series can store their cards in the official Eureka Collector's Album, which is custom-designed to store the entire series and comes with a bonus promo card! 6 cards per pack

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I look forward to this release- can't decide if I am going to buy a couple of packs or a box. It may depend on the auto lineup and how much money I have when the preorder deadline comes. Either way, it should be a fun release. Hopefully it will do well, because I would love to see season 4 covered- it's my favorite season so far!

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Here are the first autograph images rittenhouse has posted

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
They look great. Glad to see what looks like cooperation from nearly all the main cast. Haven't watched last night's episode yet but looking forward to it (it's on the DVR).

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
just started watching this series
and am enjoying :0)

looking forward to this release
especially since there is a binder Wink

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
quote:
The problem Rittenhouse is probably seeing is what happened with Warehouse 13. They had a strong lineup with only 1 main character not sigining. But it was still a 3000 box production run. I'm not sure you can print less than that and expect to overcome the production costs. Plus, there is still PLENTY of that product out there, I know I have lots.

I think part of it is that Rittenhouse have got so generous with box contents. I used to buy 6 boxes of Stargate and only opened 3 of W13. That gets enough trading fodder in theory because I will have a couple of low end costume and auto spares to try and pick up the others or chase lots. Nobody trades the main cast auts anyway. In practice, their collation is now so good that it's hard to pick up chase card lots, because a case buyer will have full chase card sets instead of random singles as spares.
I also think so

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Wow, I'd love to have an auto of Gauthier with a self-portrait! Thumb Up

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
posted on another site

Configuration: 15 premium packs per box. 6 cards per premium pack.

EUREKA: Seasons One and Two Trading Cards Premium Pack Series

2 Autograph Cards and 1 Relic Card Per Premium Pack

* A limited edition of only 200 Boxes *

Rittenhouse Archives is pleased to announce our premiere edition of EUREKA: Seasons One and Two Trading Cards, based on the hit SyFy Channel TV series! In this Premium Pack Series, there will be 2 Autograph cards, 1 "Artifact" Relic card, 2 Episode cards and 1 "Casting Call" card per Premium Pack!

Checklist includes:

- 13 Autograph Cards, with signers Colin Ferguson (Sheriff Jack Carter), Erica Cerra (Deputy Jo Lupo), Neil Grayston (Fargo), Joe Morton (Henry), Matt Frewer (Taggart), Chris Gauthier (Vincent), Niall Matter (Zane) and more!
(2 autographs cards per Premium Pack)

- 25 Episode Cards, with each card sequentially numbered to 250
(2 cards per Premium Pack)

- 11 "Casting Call" Cards, featuring all of the show's top stars, with each card sequentially numbered to 350
(1 card per Premium Pack)

- 9 "Artifact" Relic Cards, featuring costumes and props used in the filming of the show, with each card sequentially numbered to 350
(1 card per Premium Pack)

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Really excited for this! The only thing that could make things better is if the Casting Call cards numbered in a way that was helpful for card binders (9 or 18). My OCD acts up when I have empty page space. Hopefully there will be another set that continues the numbering for these cards so the set won't end with two cards on an extra sheet!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
On the whole, I think the premium packs are a reasonable idea. It balances up the product better. However, I think there's now too few cards in the pack since it require 12 or 13 packs to get the full episode set. I would be happy with this as a standard format if the episode set was potentially complete with 3-4 packs (so 4 episode cards per pack). 2 cards per pack means that the episode cards are rarer than some autos.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
2 cards per pack means that the episode cards are rarer than some autos.

Excellent observation and it goes against one of the major reasons why premium packs were supposedly created, namely to add value to the base set. In actual fact there is no base set, all the cards are premium hits.

Yet I can't see myself searching for episode cards and buying them at autograph or costume prices, even if they are rarer. Rather than increase the base/insert set value, I think many people won't even try to finish it. Hope that makes sense, I had to read it twice myself. Wink

Posts: 10407 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post