Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

header Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
I have recently had one of my typical obsessions in wanting to collect all Header Cards issued by Comic Images in the late 80's and early 90's.

Can you please tell me if anyone can confirm the existence of header cards for the following sets:
CAPT.AMERICA: 50th ANNIV. 1990
MARVEL UNIVERSE 1 1987
MARVEL UNIVERSE 2 COLLOSAL CONFLICTS 1987
MARVEL UNIVERSE 4 HEROIC ORIGINS 1998
MARVEL UNIVERSE HISTORY OF THE X-MEN 1987
MARVEL UNIVERSE MUTANT HALL OF FAME 1987
PUNISHER: THE WHOLE TOUGH TALE 1988

Thanks for any info.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
What's a "Header Card"?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
There was a period when at least one manufacturer printed a card as part of the box to cut out and keep. Is that what you mean?

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I allways thought the header card was the card at the front of the set, the one that comes before card # 1, usually just says what the set is. Not all sets have them.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Didn't collect these sets, but if I were to guess I'd go with wolfie. The cutout cards on the bottom of boxes were just called box cards as far as I remember. This was before the inside box toppers became the norm.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Actually, the early Comic Images sets came in clear cellophane "wrappers" and the header cards took the place of a printed wrapper. They're a nice part of their respective sets.

Posts: 286 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I allways thought the header card was the card at the front of the set, the one that comes before card # 1, usually just says what the set is. Not all sets have them.

You are dead right Wolfie, that is exactly what they are. Here is a scan of some that I have collected up to date. I think there is about 26-28 of them. I need to know if anyone has see any of the ones I have listed.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Whatever others there are, they'll predate the ones you've shown, since for their sets that followed these, Comic Images went with normal wrappers, eliminating the need for the pack headers.
At least some of these are actually usable stickers, and the Arthur Adams are for sure. I remember decorating a generic binder with them way back when.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
Colossal Conflicts didn't actually have a header card, but the Honeymooners set released by Comic Images in 1988 contains header cards that promote the Marvel Colossal Conflicts release on the back of the HoneyMooners header card.

Also, there are two versions of the Wolverine Trivia release (white box vs blue box). The blue boxes contained trailer cards that promote Colossal Conflicts on one side and Marvel Magic Moments stickers on the other side. This card was at the back of the pack instead of at the front.

Here is a list on the Marvel related sets that I'm aware of that contain Header cards:

Wolverine From then til Now
Wolverine Untamed sticker set
Ghost Rider
Excalibur
X-Men The Uncanny X-Men Covers
X-Men The Uncanny X-Men Covers II
Arthur Adams
The Best of Byrne
Jim Lee I
Jim Lee II
Todd McFarlane I
Todd McFarlane II
Mike Zeck
Wolverine MutanTrivia
Spiderman Webs
Punisher Papers

Colossal Conflicts (Honeymooners promo)
Colossal Conflicts (promo trailer card from Wolverine Trivia)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tiggerhouse,

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Ahhh! You gotta love this forum! No matter what you want to know there is always someone with the information that you need. Many thanks for your post Tiggerhouse it is most helpful.

Just in passing I have header cards for Spiderman Team-up and Spiderman Stickers and have sighted on Ebay the World Of Spiderman & Ghost Ride 2, none of which are on your list.

Thanks again for the info