Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Vintage Outer Limits Card Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintage Outer Limits Card Question
 Login/Join

Picture of rickll68
posted
I have recently started collecting a number of the vintage Sci-Fi TV series sets from the 60s and 70s and have started collecting the 1964 Bubbles Outer Limits cards and I recently obtained a lot of cards that are Green Backed and I'm trying to figure out what these cards are all about and who released them. I have only seen yellow backs and B & W backs (Canadian O-Pee-Chee). These look vintage and have the USA Bubbles copyright on the back, but I can seem to find any information on them. Does anyone know if they are actually vintage or 1 of the many reprints out there? Any help would be appreciated... Confused

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rickll68,

Posts: 369 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here is a scan of an authentic 1964 Bubbles, Inc. (Topps) Outer Limits card, front and back:

The back should be green, so it sounds like you have the real thing. The front should have a dull finish, if it is glossy then that might be an indication of a reprint. This is one of my favorite all-time sets, have fun putting this set together! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rickll68
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the information. Thumb Up I guess the fact that the back of the card is almost a fluorescent green makes it scan a yellowish color. It is a nice set that I have been looking at collecting for years now....and finally decided it was time to start...21 cards down with 29 to go, so I'm just getting started. Cool

Posts: 369 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post