Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magicians on CCGs
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I've mentioned several times in the past that I collect magicians on trading cards. I think I have a pretty good list of the ones that have appeared on "standard" cards, but am wondering about appearances on CCG cards.

For example, Ricky Jay played Henry Gupta in the Bond film "Tomorrow Never Dies", and is on several Bond cards (including two autographed cards). He also is on at least one CCG card in my collection.

But I'm wondering if other magicians are out there. For example:

Penn & Teller played Rebo and Zooty in Babylon 5, and are on cards. Do they appear on B5 CCG cards?

Jason Alexander is a fairly serious magician (he appeared for a week at the Magic Castle in Hollywood), and is on Star Trek cards as his character "Kurros". Likewise, Larry Alexander has worked as a magician (he was involved in the Bill Bixby 1970s show "The Magician"), and played a Tarlac Officer on Star Trek. Both have cards, do they have CCG cards?

If anyone can help with this, I'd be grateful!

Posts: 2207 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Wow dude, that's quite a few connections.

Are they a magician (that meets your criteria)?
Are they in a show or movie that generates CCG?
Are they a character that would be represented in CCG?
Does their CCG character look anything like the celebrity/magician?

My guess is you are searching for a very small collection. Razz

Posts: 4853 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, tiny.

For a sense of scale, from 1988 through 2012, I am aware of a little over 10,000 signed non-sports cards (factory pack inserts, and the equivalent). Out of those, only a dozen or so are from magicians (by my admittedly idiosyncratic definitions).

Posts: 2207 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Maybe you should focus on people who played magicians. Wink

Posts: 4853 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post