Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scott Harben Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Either way, I'm still buying.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So were any more released, beyond #20, at San Diego ? Anyone know ?

I can certainly understand the moral dilemma as to someone profiting off of licensed characters, that is, selling cards of paintings of Marvel and Star Wars heroes. I am not in any way taking a position on this

However, how is it any different than Andy Warhol selling paintings of Marilyn Monroe ? Shouldn't he have to pay her estate for making money off of her image ?

Posts: 4003 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
So were any more released, beyond #20, at San Diego ? Anyone know ?

I can certainly understand the moral dilemma as to someone profiting off of licensed characters, that is, selling cards of paintings of Marvel and Star Wars heroes. I am not in any way taking a position on this

However, how is it any different than Andy Warhol selling paintings of Marilyn Monroe ? Shouldn't he have to pay her estate for making money off of her image ?

I already stated that he would. If you followed his work, you'd know he had them available at a show previous to SDCC. I ordered just before SDCC, but they have not shipped yet.

If you're not taking a stance, why bring the issue up again?

It's no different than PSC, metal cards, sketches, and prints sold at shows and through the net on ebay.

It's pathetic that collectors will single out one form of collectible and/or one artist to gripe about while praising another.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justice41:
most of the so called art is just manipulated cosplay pics. ask the guy to draw something as you watch at the next con, if he can't he's a fraud.

Since you have so little knowledge of art, cards, and collecting, I suggest you get your facts straight before posting. I remember you from Statueforum, as I'm sure you do me. Scott has shared info with me that blows your allegations out of the water.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How many new cards are there ? I emailed him twice earlier this summer but never received a response

Posts: 4003 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, I see at least 3 new ones:

21- Jango Fett
22- Chewbacca
23- Deadpool

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
most of the so called art is just manipulated cosplay pics. ask the guy to draw something as you watch at the next con, if he can't he's a fraud.

Since you have so little knowledge of art, cards, and collecting, I suggest you get your facts straight before posting. I remember you from Statueforum, as I'm sure you do me. Scott has shared info with me that blows your allegations out of the water.

As an artist who's done this for a living as a professional for almost 30 years I think I have some idea about what's what. And no I don't go to every geek forum out there. Very few actually. I know a photo manip when i see one. Also as an artist who actually does sketch cards I also think I know a thing or two about the subject. Please he pasted Gina Corano's face on a wonder woman cosplayer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Justice41,

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:

As an artist who's done this for a living as a professional for almost 30 years I think I have some idea about what's what. And no I don't go to every geek forum out there. Very few actually. I know a photo manip when i see one. Also as an artist who actually does sketch cards I also think I know a thing or two about the subject. Please he pasted Gina Corano's face on a wonder woman cosplayer

My mistake. I confused you with some newbie hot after cards.

Yet, Scott and I take offense to your statement.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'm not an artist, but I kinda think this means he can draw.

I have no clue why these images are not showing up. I've tried several different ways of posting.

Well, if anyone is truly interested in his work and seeing work in progress, look him up on facebook.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tattoox,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
OK, I see at least 3 new ones:

21- Jango Fett
22- Chewbacca
23- Deadpool

There's 10 new ones.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
You probably already know this Tommy, but here's the other characters in order:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Thor
Batman
Black Panther
Ahsoka Tano
Shaak Ti
Superman

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How many different ones of these have been released so far ? What number are they up to ?

Posts: 4715 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As of last summer, I think he was up to # 30

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
21 to 30 are

21-- Jango Fett
22- Chewbacca
23- Deadpool
24- Obi-Wan Kenobi
25- Thor
26- Batman
27 Black Panther
28 Ahsoka Tano
29 Shaak Ti
30 Superman